Reaper for boss fights on the island?

serpy

I want to use reapers to fight the island bosses, I have a cloning chamber so I can just clone them and an infinite supply of element (extinction) so, would reapers be better for the island bosses then rex? I know they don’t have saddles but they also take reduced damage in the dark unlike Rex who has no ability’s But they still have a way larger health pool, my current 298 reaper has 100k health and 4190% melee. So if I clone 18 of them do you guys think that would be enough? Alpha Broodmother specifically cause i’ve heard that one is one of the hardest. 

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

With a boosted Reaper like that, assuming the bosses difficulty hasn't increased, yes. You might even be able to use just one ridden one since you'll be hitting for over 3k dmg per bite. 

The difficulty is . And I don’t know why people think I have boosted stats, really all increased the health by was like .4

2 hours ago, serpy said:

The difficulty is . And I don’t know why people think I have boosted stats, really all increased the health by was like .4

Over 4000% melee is most certainly boosted my friend. 650% is what my reaper is at and it is a very good statted max level on official. I could have gone higher but wanted over 40k hp.

2 hours ago, serpy said:

lol, op reaper on official is about 1000% damage, and thats is very good roll, mines have about 700%-800% with ~25k hp. It looks like you have x4 on hp and damage.

Btw I wouldn't recommend reaper for island bosses. Maybe you can use one in brood for small spiders using the tail attack but just that.

You are not on official.  That much is certain.  I recently did a test.  Reapers vs Rex.  Rexes do greater that 3 times MORE damage compared to a reaper.  Reapers take reduced damage yes.  So do rexes with 124 saddles.  Rexes on AI do more damage cause they are just steady biting.  Reapers on AI will bite, spin attack, and shoot the poison.  Meaning less overall damage.  Long story short.  Do not use reapers for boss fights.

9 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

You are not on official.  That much is certain.  I recently did a test.  Reapers vs Rex.  Rexes do greater that 3 times MORE damage compared to a reaper.  Reapers take reduced damage yes.  So do rexes with 124 saddles.  Rexes on AI do more damage cause they are just steady biting.  Reapers on AI will bite, spin attack, and shoot the poison.  Meaning less overall damage.  Long story short.  Do not use reapers for boss fights.

You can disable there ai from using the special attack and reaper do the same amount of damage to wild Dino’s and there tail swipe is useful cause it will kill the spiders without me attacking them or them targeting the small ones 

And my reapers are 100% imprinted as well.

Omnomnomagon (Reaper King, Lvl 220, Male): HP: 12350 (25); St: 2064 (33); Ox: 675 (35); Fo: 10500 (25); We: 622.5 (25); Dm: 372.8% (42); Sp: 100% (34); To: 13080 (219);

With these stats at birth.  This is why we are saying you have boosted your stats.

Omnomnomagon (Reaper King, Lvl 279, Impr: 100%, Male): HP: 22519.9 (25, 0); St: 2064 (33, 0); Ox: 675 (35, 0); Fo: 12600 (25, 0); We: 956.2 (25, 7); Dm: 839.7% (42, 52); Sp: 120% (34, 0); To: 15695.9 (219);

And these are current stats

11 hours ago, arkark said:

lol, op reaper on official is about 1000% damage, and thats is very good roll, mines have about 700%-800% with ~25k hp. It looks like you have x4 on hp and damage.

Btw I wouldn't recommend reaper for island bosses. Maybe you can use one in brood for small spiders using the tail attack but just that.

Wow maybe i should turn that down I didn’t realize raising it by that much would have such a huge affect 

3 hours ago, serpy said:

I can get 100% imprint on them so maybe that’s why 

Nope, just boosted. 

As far as using them for bosses I'd just go with rexs. Anything over a 35 armor saddle gives you more protection than the reapers natural armor. Dont worry about targeting the small spiders, just focus dps on the boss. Most spiders will be killed by the rexs AOE bite as they chomp the boss anyway.

Granted with boosted/custom settings it may not matter much. Without knowing every % and setting you have its almost impossible for anyone to give accurate information. If your on SP just make a back up save and give it a go!

Using a Reaper, or a pair of them, is a workable way to tank the Dragon on Island, especially if you are imprinted to the Reaper.  Dragon does a lot of damage, and Reapers are good at soaking it.  If you bring two and line the Dragon up carefully to keep the main group of DPS dinos out of cleave and fire-breath, you can really help the DPS dinos out.

1 hour ago, Dasham86 said:

3 times more damage is a stretch.  The situation is more complicated, and your test wasn't very good if your takeaway is that Rexes do 3 times the damage of Reapers.  Of course any Rex that is 1000-1500% melee (current official PvE Rex breeds can get this high) is going to grossly outdps a 500-600% Reaper, no question there.

But because I love testing, I did a test myself.  Spawned in high-level Brontos with an unridden Rex and an unridden Reaper, both at 593% melee (one is 593.1, one is 593.5, close as I could get!).  In separate areas I spawned in a level 235 Bronto, which came out with 32 points in HP (15318 HP total).  I went out of whistle range and spawned in Brontos until I got another one with 32 pts/15318 HP.  I timed the Rex eating her Bronto solo, then timed the Reaper eating his.  The Reaper finished in 56 seconds, and the Rex finished in about 59 seconds.  Considering the difference is 3 seconds, and that is a touch over 5% difference, I will consider that negligible and conclude that damage output is roughly the same.

Now the technical side of Rex VS Reaper is:  Rexes are lower base damage (Rex's 62 VS Reaper's 75 damage) but slightly higher attack speed.  Unridden Reapers only fire poison after knocking the target back, which the drag-weight of bosses is too high for the Reaper's tailspin to move them.  That means they would whip-and-fire one time, and then most likely never again.  Boss damage would be pretty close on a melee-for-melee situation...  But that is a problem because getting an army of 900% Reapers (675 damage unridden per chomp) would take months of awful farming/breeding on Ab whereas getting an army of 1300% Rexes (744 damage unridden per chomp) is...  Pretty damn easy.

So melee-for-melee, Reapers and Rexes are within less than 6% of each other in damage, especially when attacking a target that is too large to be affected by the tailspin knockback.  But the availability AND predictability of Rexes and their stats tip them into favor as far as bossfights go.  They are not 3 times as effective at bossfights though!

12 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Using a Reaper, or a pair of them, is a workable way to tank the Dragon on Island, especially if you are imprinted to the Reaper.  Dragon does a lot of damage, and Reapers are good at soaking it.  If you bring two and line the Dragon up carefully to keep the main group of DPS dinos out of cleave and fire-breath, you can really help the DPS dinos out.

3 times more damage is a stretch.  The situation is more complicated, and your test wasn't very good if your takeaway is that Rexes do 3 times the damage of Reapers.  Of course any Rex that is 1000-1500% melee (current official PvE Rex breeds can get this high) is going to grossly outdps a 500-600% Reaper, no question there.

But because I love testing, I did a test myself.  Spawned in high-level Brontos with an unridden Rex and an unridden Reaper, both at 593% melee (one is 593.1, one is 593.5, close as I could get!).  In separate areas I spawned in a level 235 Bronto, which came out with 32 points in HP (15318 HP total).  I went out of whistle range and spawned in Brontos until I got another one with 32 pts/15318 HP.  I timed the Rex eating her Bronto solo, then timed the Reaper eating his.  The Reaper finished in 56 seconds, and the Rex finished in about 59 seconds.  Considering the difference is 3 seconds, and that is a touch over 5% difference, I will consider that negligible and conclude that damage output is roughly the same.

Now the technical side of Rex VS Reaper is:  Rexes are lower base damage (Rex's 62 VS Reaper's 75 damage) but slightly higher attack speed.  Unridden Reapers only fire poison after knocking the target back, which the drag-weight of bosses is too high for the Reaper's tailspin to move them.  That means they would whip-and-fire one time, and then most likely never again.  Boss damage would be pretty close on a melee-for-melee situation...  But that is a problem because getting an army of 900% Reapers (675 damage unridden per chomp) would take months of awful farming/breeding on Ab whereas getting an army of 1300% Rexes (744 damage unridden per chomp) is...  Pretty damn easy.

So melee-for-melee, Reapers and Rexes are within less than 6% of each other in damage, especially when attacking a target that is too large to be affected by the tailspin knockback.  But the availability AND predictability of Rexes and their stats tip them into favor as far as bossfights go.  They are not 3 times as effective at bossfights though!

Thank you

Archived