Foundation Spaming and blocking of caves needs to stop on PVP.

rdowd620

10 minutes ago, crossmr said:

If you're an alpha that feels the need to curb stomp noobs and tiny little tribes as soon as they show up, go rent a private server. PVP doesn't mean kill everything in sight. The power imbalance is too huge and then you end up just playing with yourself anyway. That's what the whole cross-ark created. Mega tribes locking down entire servers, like you used to lock down an area, and instead they're playing chess with servers.

That's a great meta game for them, but for the rest of the people, it's not fun to be around. Again, it makes no sense. There is a reason large countries don't just go out and roll over luxemburg every other day. The reward isn't there, and there are consequences. The difference in ark is there are no consequences. That's the problem with all these games. There is nothing to deinsentivize mega tribes from curb stomping thatch bases.

Let's be honest even if you roll on to a pvp server with your 20 man team ready to roll, by the time you get anything up and running if the alpha finds you, they can still steamroll you.

It'll be awhile before you have powerful tames, high level gear, etc. If the alpha is really paranoid and watching, they can just hammer you over and over and over and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it except leave.

Lol the United States invades tiny little countries all the time. Seeing to how weed is legalized in Canada I have to ask are you High? 

Best example is is when the United States invaded Grenada back in the early eighties. How could one of the most significant militaries and one of the worlds strongest economies feel threatened by the tiny Caribbean island nation. So your telling me that a country of what 275 million was threatened by a nation of only 90 thousand lol.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, johnm81 said:

I know you really believe this. But you are believing in something wrong. I have had the opportunity to sit in on mega leadership discussion when they decide to green light their greifers tasked with zero'ing out the pop on a server. Why? Many different reasons all of which have sound tactical rationale. Their greifers love it for the pvp action and the tears they get. Their leadership likes it because it achieves a greater end for them. 

People haven't change much, need to think more about the pirates of old

Captains where elected and they only survived by keeping their crews happy.

Which means if you have griefers on your crew you need to keep them happy or soon they will decide you look like a good target.

Large tribes tend to have a mix and keeping them all happy means, well, letting them off the leash.

PvP brings out the worse in people especially when it is just a game and the psychology of people is they tend to do things in proxy.

Miserable real life means they vent in a game and they become griefers.

Just pity them as it means there RL sucks even if they don't realize it.

7 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

Hey bud if your going to use me as an example please have the balls to tag me in it. 

Also grow up kid!

@Onimusha759

1, i didnt insult you, 2, you basically just agreed with me

7 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

To to a degree I would agree, if you were playing an ORP server then yes its kind of a lame move, unofficial I have no idea don't play it cause it's way too easy.

3, nice english(for old time nit picking between us XD) 4, i didnt want to actually tag you because it seemed to be the case that we agreed to avoid 1 another(which you just broke with insulting me for literally no reason), 5 you grow up, your the 1 whos trying to start another war with me when you basically just agreed with me that its a d head move, i mean common man, thats dumb as heck.

You: Lol the United States invades tiny little countries all the time. Seeing to how weed is legalized in Canada I have to ask are you High? 

You:Best example is is when the United States invaded Grenada back in the early eighties. How could one of the most significant militaries and one of the worlds strongest economies feel threatened by the tiny Caribbean island nation. So your telling me that a country of what 275 million was threatened by a nation of only 90 thousand lol.

Now your starting to show signs of agreeing with my points in the other thread.  I made a point of how are these noobs a threat and now your agreeing with it.  I mean really, your picking a fight for fun...

3 hours ago, Korizan said:

Which means if you have griefers on your crew you need to keep them happy or soon they will decide you look like a good target.

Large tribes tend to have a mix and keeping them all happy means, well, letting them off the leash.

PvP brings out the worse in people especially when it is just a game and the psychology of people is they tend to do things in proxy.

I like what your saying and you have truth in it, but its an excuse.  My life royally sucked and im the exact opposite.  Maybe it just comes down to how maturely someone can vent their frustrations.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, jansenv said:

Hard disagree. However I do like that in the new map you are unable to build in the titan artifact caves. Retroactively changing this on old maps would be so stupid though.

Easy to disagree when you're charging people vaults of poly for you to remove spam so they can farm the resources.  Easy to disagree when on other maps you have artifact and surface caves blocked.  Hope Trash Tuesdays are going well Jansen.  Must be bored since we left.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:03 PM, Korizan said:

Hell I have a great life but love to ruin others lives ingame ppl say griefers but legit pvp everyone is a enemy even beach bobs..rule the ark means nobody builds unless I say so or even enters any caves if ur an alpha tribe u must take the steps required to be alpha rule with an iron fist ...

Archived