Foundation Spaming and blocking of caves needs to stop on PVP.

rdowd620

3 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

You don't wipe thatch bases with your manag to prevent them from building

Oh yes alphas do.

you do it to feed and satisfy your twisted pleasures

You are making a logical fallacy here. The two aren't mutually exclusive. A person may very well enjoy the act of destruction, but that doesn't preclude the act from being a tactically thought through action which in the long run ensures the dominance and survival of the raider's tribe.

If they are pvE-type players who were forced here because of PVEs unplayable-ness, there's literally no reason to attack them as they won't ever be anything.

Again not true. Even PvE-minded people who would never engage in an attack can provide significant material and logistical support to allies who would pose a threat. I know this happens because I have been on both sides of that fence. In Megas who poses the greatest risk? Is it the player shooting the gun? Or is it the player who is the economic power house of the tribe farming, crafting, and making those guns? Truth be told leaders of Megas know that muscle is a dime a dozen, but players who on the long term fuel a megas economy are the true enablers of its offensive might.

Thus leaders of megas know a truth that leads to much heart break. Everyone is a threat or can be a threat as a pvper or a pvper's farmer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

I read everything  that you said but i'm just done with this pvp crap, i’m never gonna win it. Actually i lost by quitting to pvE lol

I just could never play in a tribe even though it’s the main function of this game. People just don’t know how to behave and so i avoid folk like the plague. I was actually a great pvp fighter but just always lost everything due to 1. Huge tribes and 2. mesh cheaters 

Several times i’ve thought about joining a large tribe while i had absolutely nothing, but you must have gotten lucky because i’ve been kicked from every single tribe within a day. Maybe i give off a non-team player scent but that doesn’t matter anymore. They always seem to love helping themselves to keeping my stuff, though.

I hate people.

Solo or small tribes is also possible. I was doing a 5 man tribe before joining a mega. We had everything including most tek stuff. Our base was in a hidden waterfall cave on a center server. The alpha was friendly to us and would give us dino lines, invite us for boss fights and so on. We also made more friends with people from other big tribes and could call in  favors like dino lines, crafting and blue print services, information on raid targets and so on. We did a lot of raiding and were an absolute nightmare for small to medium size tribes that we preyed after. On some rare occasions we would join bigger conflicts on side of our alpha friends and our gear, dinos and players were able to hold their own in mega tribe wars. It was fun hell and for much of 2018 this is how I played ARK. Our base and group still exists but most of us joined mega tribes these days. Not because small tribe life is hard, but because the kind of small and medium scale pvp we like dont exist on officials anymore. Other than the big wars there is not enough PVP for us so might as well join a mega full time instead of act as a beta ally.

ARK is 95% politics, 3% farming, 2% pvp. Who you know and what they can do for you is more important than how hard you farm, or how good you are at FPS gameplay. It seem like you dont get along with ARK players much and that probably is core of the issue. This is a social game.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, johnm81 said:

Do you have an Argie?

Do you have rotted meat?

Great now you can pick up an arthropluria fly it over deep water and drop it in. He wont aggro you in the water then passive tame it with spoiled meat.

Bam now you have a metal clearing machine and it costs nothing! The metal foundation spammer spent resources to put them down and you spent nothing to remove them.

You win.

Huh i didnt even know this was a thing. thank you for sharing this.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, johnm81 said:

Do you have an Argie?

Do you have rotted meat?

Great now you can pick up an arthropluria fly it over deep water and drop it in. He wont aggro you in the water then passive tame it with spoiled meat.

Bam now you have a metal clearing machine and it costs nothing! The metal foundation spammer spent resources to put them down and you spent nothing to remove them.

You win.

Finally someone who gave a good suggestion. I nearly lost hope in this community. Everyone's just like "if you can't take it, play another game". So one player is really upset with a situation and everyone else are just jerks. It's embarrassing. 

It could be read like this:
"I can't walk because the alphas cut off my legs"
"just walk away"

Like DILO? Be a bit more constructive. And yes I did not read pages 2 and 3. First comments were enough. :D

19 hours ago, johnm81 said:

You are making a logical fallacy here. The two aren't mutually exclusive. A person may very well enjoy the act of destruction, but that doesn't preclude the act from being a tactically thought through action which in the long run ensures the dominance and survival of the raider's tribe.

Well ive been the white knight debater more then once and after pressuring the hardcore pvp azz holes they all end up saying the real reason they do it is simply they can and THEY JUST ENJOY IT.  They admit openly they enjoy F'n with people for the satisfaction of doing it.  Im not saying everyone on pvp is like that, but there are plenty that are.

36 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Well ive been the white knight debater more then once and after pressuring the hardcore pvp azz holes they all end up saying the real reason they do it is simply they can and THEY JUST ENJOY IT.  They admit openly they enjoy F'n with people for the satisfaction of doing it.  Im not saying everyone on pvp is like that, but there are plenty that are.

Here you are again, injecting ethics into a PvP game. You must get tired trying to hold the moral high ground? Everyone who plays differently from me is an A hole too...

14 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Here you are again, injecting ethics into a PvP game. You must get tired trying to hold the moral high ground? Everyone who plays differently from me is an A hole too...

No no salt, im not saying that.  He said that pvpers dont do it for sick enjoyment.  Im just pointing out that many actually do.  You so good at putting words in someones mouth and twisting whats said though.  It must be tiring constantly looking into and creating false things to suit your insultive nature.

Try another server. There's hundreds of other servers to play on, where you can most likely find the resources that you need. You can always go to another server just for resources as well. I do it all the time. Some maps are better at collecting resources on than others. Get some good weight dinos, and go resource grinding.

18 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

On 4/13/2019 at 3:45 AM, johnm81 said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive. A person may very well enjoy the act of destruction, but that doesn't preclude the act from being a tactically thought through action which in the long run ensures the dominance and survival of the raider's tribe.

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Your missing the point, they try to say its tactical but eventually admit thats a bs front for the real reason, sick pleasure

No. 

You are missing the point.

It is not a front for a real reason. BOTH are real reasons for raiding those who can't threaten you currently. 

They get sick pleasure from it? Yes.

Sound tactical stance? Yes ALSO.

12 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

No. 

You are missing the point.

It is not a front for a real reason. BOTH are real reasons for raiding those who can't threaten you currently. 

They get sick pleasure from it? Yes.

Sound tactical stance? Yes ALSO.

No, thats an excuse to be a d head.  If they are allied to a threat, fine, if they grow a lil to much, fine, if they hav something of value/territory u desire, fine, but an absolute no threat beach bob...Thats like the same bs excuse a brat gives when hes caught being a lil d head "we were just playing around" like oh i have a legitimate reason.  Bs.  And ill say it again, im not saying other styles are bad or pvpers are all d heads(Since salt likes to stretch things), im saying there are plenty who do it simply for the pleasure of it.  Im not saying there arnt players who are truly that paranoid or hav reasons to attack, but i am saying theres plenty of players who do it for pleasure and then use that excuse when for them its just bs.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

No, thats an excuse to be a d head.  If they are allied to a threat, fine, if they grow a lil to much, fine, if they hav something of value/territory u desire, fine, but an absolute no threat beach bob...Thats like the same bs excuse a brat gives when hes caught being a lil d head "we were just playing around" like oh i have a legitimate reason.  Bs.  And ill say it again, im not saying other styles are bad or pvpers are all d heads(Since salt likes to stretch things), im saying there are plenty who do it simply for the pleasure of it.  Im not saying there arnt players who are truly that paranoid or hav reasons to attack, but i am saying theres plenty of players who do it for pleasure and then use that excuse when for them its just bs.

I know you really believe this. But you are believing in something wrong. I have had the opportunity to sit in on mega leadership discussion when they decide to green light their greifers tasked with zero'ing out the pop on a server. Why? Many different reasons all of which have sound tactical rationale. Their greifers love it for the pvp action and the tears they get. Their leadership likes it because it achieves a greater end for them. 

Trust me its for both reasons.

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

No no salt, im not saying that.  He said that pvpers dont do it for sick enjoyment.  Im just pointing out that many actually do.  You so good at putting words in someones mouth and twisting whats said though.  It must be tiring constantly looking into and creating false things to suit your insultive nature.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

You keep saying that I’m twisting your words but then go on to say that people who use PvP tactics you disagree with are d heads. It’s actually hilarious that you don’t see it. Keep proving my point.

53 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You keep saying that I’m twisting your words but then go on to say that people who use PvP tactics you disagree with are d heads. It’s actually hilarious that you don’t see it. Keep proving my point.

Im not saying anyone who plays differently is an A hole.  Im not even saying people who do attack others are A holes.  Im simply saying some people do indeed get some sick pleasure from it and do it solely for that purpose.  Tactics and reason ect, if legit, is completely understandable.  Im simply following up someone elses post on here stating this does happen, its d headish, but it does happen solely for enjoyment.  Play however you like salt, but to get off on it is still messed up and a lot of people do and have admited they do it purely for enjoyment, not for tactics.  Before i put azz hole for a more minimal type.  End of the day it is still d head like and azz holeish.  You twist my words saying everyone who isnt pve is wrong or d heads, i never said that.  The mentality is jerkoff, thats a fact, my only point i was making here is some people do do it for fun 1st.  Not to debate whether it should be allowed or not.  It is d headish, prybar admitted to it before, that doesnt mean you shouldnt do it.  Scummy, yes, do i like people are sick lil children, no, is it what it is, yes, do people make excuses for it, yes, will it stop, no, should it...Idk, the idea is conquest, war is war, do i think we could all be a lil more honorable about it, yes, does everyone have to, not really.  So no im not saying your wrong, are you kinda a dik, yes, but i get it and it works.  Im not against tactics salt, but i know there are d heads that use that for an excuse.

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Im not saying anyone who plays differently is an A hole.  Im not even saying people who do attack others are A holes.  Im simply saying some people do indeed get some sick pleasure from it and do it solely for that purpose.  Tactics and reason ect, if legit, is completely understandable.  Im simply following up someone elses post on here stating this does happen, its d headish, but it does happen solely for enjoyment.  Play however you like salt, but to get off on it is still messed up and a lot of people do and have admited they do it purely for enjoyment, not for tactics.  Before i put azz hole for a more minimal type.  End of the day it is still d head like and azz holeish.  You twist my words saying everyone who isnt pve is wrong or d heads, i never said that.  The mentality is jerkoff, thats a fact, my only point i was making here is some people do do it for fun 1st.  Not to debate whether it should be allowed or not.  It is d headish, prybar admitted to it before, that doesnt mean you shouldnt do it.  Scummy, yes, do i like people are sick lil children, no, is it what it is, yes, do people make excuses for it, yes, will it stop, no, should it...Idk, the idea is conquest, war is war, do i think we could all be a lil more honorable about it, yes, does everyone have to, not really.  So no im not saying your wrong, are you kinda a dik, yes, but i get it and it works.

Why do people play video games? For pleasure. Anything anyone does in said video game is for pleasure. You have in your moral high ground head that people who use tactics you disagree with are d heads. Keep proving my point.

8 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Why do people play video games? For pleasure. Anything anyone does in said video game is for pleasure. You have in your moral high ground head that people who use tactics you disagree with are d heads. Keep proving my point.

Being a dik whether in a game or irl, is being a dik.  That doesnt change.  And yes, certain tactics i disagree with are d head tactics, but im not really wanting to target people with reason(Tactics) my initial post was people that do it for pleasure, not tactic.  Those were my main target.  I was calling those people d heads, the 1s doing it for pure spite and sick pleasure.  Your broadening my area beyond my initial intent

3 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Being a dik whether in a game or irl, is being a dik.  That doesnt change.  And yes, certain tactics i disagree with are d head tactics, but im not really wanting to target people with reason(Tactics) my initial post was people that do it for pleasure, not tactic.  Those were my main target.  I was calling those people d heads, the 1s doing it for pure spite and sick pleasure.  Your broadening my area beyond my initial intent

Why do people play games? For pleasure. Are you insinuating that you get to dictate to others what they can and can’t get pleasure from just because you try to inject ethics and morality into a game that no one asked for?

Do you know what the irony is? People go on about offline raiding whether it be legitimate or meshing, but when it comes to actual player vs player, this is what you complain about. People skirmishing and taking on players in actual combat is seen as a d move.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, MackTheKnife said:

Well technically that still fits the definition of nolifer :D Just means you’re one with a menial job. You’re only one step up the ladder.

12 hours of working plus 7 hours minimal is just abysmal. I know you said insomnia but literally all of your free time is being wasted by this cancer, assuming you were being serious about your hours.

Ya sadly I'm not joking  lolz but this cancer is love /hate/joy all in one ...praise  be raptor jesus for he has blessed  me with no need for sleep an the love of salt

On 4/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, rdowd620 said:

Foundation Spaming and blocking of caves needs to stop on PVP.

Well a little more info would be nice. Is this official? Is this on a ORP server? What system are you on? 

To to a degree I would agree, if you were playing an ORP server then yes its kind of a lame move, unofficial I have no idea don't play it cause it's way too easy.

Best bet would be to transfer servers. For all you people that are not enjoying your server just transfer it's really easy to do and a great way to find your pvp proper fit. 

If you're an alpha that feels the need to curb stomp noobs and tiny little tribes as soon as they show up, go rent a private server. PVP doesn't mean kill everything in sight. The power imbalance is too huge and then you end up just playing with yourself anyway. That's what the whole cross-ark created. Mega tribes locking down entire servers, like you used to lock down an area, and instead they're playing chess with servers.

That's a great meta game for them, but for the rest of the people, it's not fun to be around. Again, it makes no sense. There is a reason large countries don't just go out and roll over luxemburg every other day. The reward isn't there, and there are consequences. The difference in ark is there are no consequences. That's the problem with all these games. There is nothing to deinsentivize mega tribes from curb stomping thatch bases.

Let's be honest even if you roll on to a pvp server with your 20 man team ready to roll, by the time you get anything up and running if the alpha finds you, they can still steamroll you.

It'll be awhile before you have powerful tames, high level gear, etc. If the alpha is really paranoid and watching, they can just hammer you over and over and over and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it except leave.

Archived