Please Fix door frames not allowing a player through if the the door frame is snapped to the wall underneath instead of the ceiling. This is something that has been a issue for to damn long and its all in the snap points. this should be a relative easy fix.

Just make the area that indicates what a player can move though bigger and boom problem fixed.

What I'm talking about

https://imgur.com/a/kcRW3fq

I have the same problem with door frames when they are snapped to fence foundations (of any type) instead of regular foundations/floors. The fence foundation protrudes a tiny bit above the bottom of the door frame, just enough to collide with the player model's invisible bounding box. It's like the devs made the player's bounding box EXACTLY the same height as the door frame, so even trimming an inch off the size of the door opening triggers a collision.

Mind you, this only becomes a problem if I place something else (e.g. a ceiling, a wall, etc.) above the door frame. If I leave it open to the sky, I can pass through. I can sometimes work around it by placing a wooden railing above the doorframe instead of the planned wall, but this doesn't always work.

20 hours ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

This is something that has been a issue for to damn long

In this case "damn long" means forever. I cannot remember a time I did not have to crouch.

Like so many other things, after a while you forget it is a bug and just accept it as normal and no longer even notice. It is like hitting E to pick berries. Just something you do.

Doing this will get rid of "multi-layering" buildings.  You can get through the door if your character is not a mammoth, game is realistic in that sense of character creation.

Also, Double doors (assuming that's what I am looking at) are a fairly new addition to the game. Maybe the error is in the "new" addition but not door frames in general.

Spoiler

This is based on Switch, which is I guess as vanilla as it comes & who knows....may even be a unique glitch onto itself but Ive struggeld with doors as well, (no double doors) Im also certain they were snapped to a ceiling in a multi tiered structure where the ceiling acts as a floor as everything was built first then the roof added. Sometimes I walk through just fine, other times I dont. Its really odd.

I did notice something though the door is to an upper floor bathroom in what will be a master bed room. the second door is access to a balcony & runs in line with the bedrooms door directly across from it, 2 ceiling spans apart.  Having multiple access points to enter has caused it on occasion to bug out. It doesnt matter if I croutch or even crawl...it wont let me through.  Usually when it happens (I can not replicate it on demand) Im trying to enter a doorway almost immediately after entering another doorway & they are swung out of synch. as in I entered 1 door thus it swung open, & the next has been left open & the door is hinged toward me

47 minutes ago, P8triot04 said:

Doing this will get rid of "multi-layering" buildings.  You can get through the door if your character is not a mammoth, game is realistic in that sense of character creation.

Also, Double doors (assuming that's what I am looking at) are a fairly new addition to the game. Maybe the error is in the "new" addition but not door frames in general.

what "Multi-layering"? and its not just with double doors is with every door.

16 hours ago, P8triot04 said:

not really. The problem as I've seen it, if you put down a wall and snap a ceiling to it, the ceiling snaps to the top of the wall, not the inside top edge of the wall. then when you attempt to snap a wall to previous wall on top of the ceiling (for a second floor), the wall will snap to the either the wall below or the ceiling. If the wall piece is a doorway, you'll get blocked because it's lower than normal. If you snap to the floor/ceiling piece then you'll be able to go through normally. I've had to fight that issue a lot.

• 4 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

Again another build same problem please Fix this issue Wildcard.

As explained by @GeminiSierra, this is because you are not properly snapping the wall to the door frame which cause the wall to be lower and obstruct the way. This is a build design issue, not an issue with the structures themselves. For example, compare your screenshot:

9fCO6Jn.png

With mine:

1B677FA42B7F6458A33F137ACAF242EB70D7D36E

You can clearly see that your wall is snapped to a lower snap point than the snap point of the door frame itself. A simple solution would be to demo your wall, along with the ceiling or the wall above it to ensure there is no other snap point than the door frame itself and place a new wall to then build back the extra structures your demolished. Alternatively you can use Q to cycle the snap points but it can be tricky sometimes due to client prediction when there is a lot of them.

its a common problem, its the collision on the wall that gets placed above the door, but if they change that it'll make a gap, its really the snap point for placing the door that is the issue, rather then snapping to the top of the ceiling piece its snapping to the wall below it. have a few in one of my houses that have done the same and im just too lazy to rebuild everything to make it work so i duck to get through the door.  I honestly don't see a easy fix for it, i'd hate to have dino's slipping through gaps in the walls its bad enough with dino's being able to bite things on the inside of the wall as it is.

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

As explained by @GeminiSierra, this is because you are not properly snapping the wall to the door frame which cause the wall to be lower and obstruct the way. This is a build design issue, not an issue with the structures themselves. For example, compare your screenshot:

9fCO6Jn.png

With mine:

1B677FA42B7F6458A33F137ACAF242EB70D7D36E

You can clearly see that your wall is snapped to a lower snap point than the snap point of the door frame itself. A simple solution would be to demo your wall, along with the ceiling or the wall above it to ensure there is no other snap point than the door frame itself and place a new wall to then build back the extra structures your demolished. Alternatively you can use Q to cycle the snap points but it can be tricky sometimes due to client prediction when there is a lot of them.

Your picture and mine are not the same I'm placing on a ceiling but the door ignores the snap on the ceiling and instead snaps to the wall below it causing this issue. Its not a design issue if the structure blatantly ignores the other viable snap point, at that point its an issue with the snaps. As someone else stated above as well you could just make the mesh that allows players through the door a little taller or re prioritize the snaps so instead of snapping to the wall it snaps to a ceiling first but no go ahead and blame the player for bad programing that always works out in the end.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

Your picture and mine are not the same I'm placing on a ceiling but the door ignores the snap on the ceiling and instead snaps to the wall below it causing this issue. Its not a design issue if the structure blatantly ignores the other viable snap point, at that point its an issue with the snaps. As someone else stated above as well you could just make the mesh that allows players through the door a little taller or re prioritize the snaps so instead of snapping to the wall it snaps to a ceiling first but no go ahead and blame the player for bad programing that always works out in the end.

That is not what you are experiencing at all. Look at the following screenshot:

CBBD721D983971CF5910A3B03DC0FEF3BBF26CC1

On the left, the door frame is snapped to the wall and on the right it is snapped to the ceiling. I can still pass through both no problem. However, that is not the point I'm trying to make. Look closely to the left door:

FFD5EE89E923880B5C54B27B089D4F58C278831B

And compare it to your screenshot:

9fCO6Jn.png

Do you see the difference? On your, we still see the metal, while on mine we only see the glass meaning that mine is lower and your is correctly snapped to the ceiling. Your problem is that your wall above your door frame is not snapped to the door frame but snapped to a wall/ceiling that is lower. As I suggested above, demo your wall above the door frame and replace it making sure it is correctly snapped and you won't have issue passing through. That alignment issue is common when mixing pillars/fences/foundations for a build and is as stated above a building design issue rather than an issue of the structures. The game offer you flexibility when building and you are the one in control of your snap points.

52 minutes ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

but no go ahead and blame the player for bad programing that always works out in the end.

I'm fairly impartial and straightforward in general and would have had no problem acknowledging it to be an issue within the game and redirect you to the appropriate channel in order to report it if it was actually a bug but it is clearly not in your case. For instance, I had no problem doing it in the past. Anyhow, look at the comparison there; you can clearly see that your wall above your door frame is lower than mine which prove your issue to be the wall above not being snapped properly to the door frame rather than your theory of it being your door frame not properly snapped to the ceiling:

vRa1w6b.png

Archived