Breeding & Boss Battles Questions

DeHammer

We're on a private PVE server running Ragnarok. Our tribe is very small, but never the less I'm focused on the boss battles as an 'end game' for the map. I've read that a proven method is to bring 19 x 'high level' Rex's into the battle along with a Yuti for buffing. 

Some related questions...

What would 'high level' be considered for this task? We just bred our very first Rex baby which hatched at level 223. Is further breeding needed for the boss battles?

Also, a question to clarify breeding... I've read that when breeding, the tamed or hatched level of the parents is what's factored into determining the babies level, and their current level isn't a factor. Is this true?

Our two parent REx's were tamed out at level 209 (Dad) and I think around 220-ish (Mom). So considering that, a level 223 baby is actually pretty good then eh?

First_Bred_Rex.jpg

1 minute ago, DeHammer said:

Also, I've tried using the Ark Smart Breeder program, but it seems to fail to extract tamed/hatched/ levels for me constantly. Could that be because we're using mods (like classic fliers), and can that be worked around? 

Classic flyers required a different and provided .json to be turn on in Ark Smart breeding program.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Level means nothing except a combination of stats.

What are the stats of those rexs? You can handle most.bosses with semi-decent rexs. 10k hatch hp 350-400 is pretty standard for low end with still being able to handle most bosseo

Ah, good point. I'll post the stats of the male parent and newly hatched Rex when I can check them again in game (neither have been leveled up).

The female parent has been leveled up quite a bit and the player didn't bother to keep track of the stats. I'm trying to get Ark Smart Breeder working to extract her original stats. Her current stats are:

Health: 35754.7

Stamina: 3087.0

Oxygen: 540.0

Food: 15272.0

Weight: 850

Melee Damage: 877%

Movement Speed: 104.0%

Torpidity: 22196.5

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Classic flyers required a different and provided .json to be turn on in Ark Smart breeding program.

So I take it the .json is a file that has to be moved into the installed application's folders to enable it? Or is it an option enabled in the Smart Breeder interface? If a file, do you know where it's located? I looked through the Smart Breeder installation folders and don't see it included. The original installer was a single .exe, so no .zip folder to look through or anything.  

I appreciate any assistance.

Edit: Or is it provided in the mod itself? In which case I'd have to get it from the server installation or mod install files I guess? 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Ah, good point. I'll post the stats of the male parent and newly hatched Rex when I can check them again in game (neither have been leveled up).

The female parent has been leveled up quite a bit and the player didn't bother to keep track of the stats. I'm trying to get Ark Smart Breeder working to extract her original stats. Her current stats are:

Health: 35754.7

Stamina: 3087.0

Oxygen: 540.0

Food: 15272.0

Weight: 850

Melee Damage: 877%

Movement Speed: 104.0%

Torpidity: 22196.5

Woah. Is there boosted stats on this server? Thats pretty high for a tame.. my server's rexs (wont take any credit) hatch 10.5k hp 405 melee before imprint and fully leveled, imprinted 100% theyre around 25k hp 800 melee fully leveled or something. 

Either points per level up / tame affinity are boosted or you got a real nice rex off the bat. Either way, if a tamed rex comes out 35k 877m you wont have any problems with any old imprinted rex (which would be 45k 925m ~ with same level up pattern) 

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Woah. Is there boosted stats on this server? Thats pretty high for a tame.. my server's rexs (wont take any credit) hatch 10.5k hp 405 melee before imprint and fully leveled, imprinted 100% theyre around 25k hp 800 melee fully leveled or something. 

Either points per level up / tame affinity are boosted or you got a real nice rex off the bat. Either way, if a tamed rex comes out 35k 877m you wont have any problems with any old imprinted rex (which would be 45k 925m ~ with same level up pattern) 

That Rex has been leveled up, by nearly 45-50 levels. I'm not sure what changes are in place as I don't admin the server, but I do know they increased imprinting to 2x apparently. 

15 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

That Rex has been leveled up, by nearly 45-50 levels. I'm not sure what changes are in place as I don't admin the server, but I do know they increased imprinting to 2x apparently. 

If thats the case, do you have the data for that rex without the added level? Those added stat don't get pushed into any future babies.

27 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

If thats the case, do you have the data for that rex without the added level? Those added stat don't get pushed into any future babies.

That's what I'd like to determine.

I've read that when a baby is hatched, for each stat type, it will either gain the stat of its mother (at tame/hatch) or the stat of its dad (at tame/hatch), and that there's a 65% chance it will get the strongest stat. Meaning a 35% chance of getting the lowest stat. 

So if I know the stats of one parent (Dad), and the baby... can I assume that any stats that don't match between Dad and baby must have been what mom had as a stat? 

For instance here are the stats of both Dad & baby at tame/hatch. Can I assume that mom's Health was 10472.1? Mind you... imprinting may have changed babies stats as well, correct? 

Dad - tamed out at lvl 209

Health: 9020.1

Stamina: 1386.0

Oxygen: 510.0

Food: 12000.0

Weight: 840.0

Melee Damage: 249.2%

Movement Speed: 100.0%

Torpidity: 20894.5

Baby - hatched at 223 (but imprinted)

Health: 10472.1

Stamina: 1764.0

Oxygen: 510.0

Food: 21420.0

Weight: 1190.0

Melee Damage: 345.7%

Movement Speed: 140.0%

Torpidity: 31074.9

(imprinting 100%)

51 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

For instance here are the stats of both Dad & baby at tame/hatch. Can I assume that mom's Health was 10472.1? Mind you... imprinting may have changed babies stats as well, correct? 

It doesn't. IT does impact the baby if you imprinted it. But its base stat will be whats carried over to the next offspring from it. Any imprint or additional stat will not be carried over.

And yes, it will either take the paternal (dad) or the maternal (mum) stat when its born, but its random. Sometimes you end up getting terrible stat transferred over, and at other times, better stat. If you did get a pair with the matched stat though, its going to be another story.

41 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Another related question... if the overall level of the dino is a reflection of the whole of its stats, how is it that imprinting impacts the stats without affecting the level? 

Exactly the same way it doesn't carry over into breeding. Imprinting is just a bonus up to 20% on some of the raw stats plus the invisible 30% damage output/damage reduction for the imprinter.

Since it doesn't carry over into breeding it just calculates the base stats.

If you're having trouble visualizing stats and you're on an unofficial server, have the admins install the Super Spyglass mod.  It will show all of a dino's base stats and all of the stats you gave it during level up so you can more easily determine how good a dino actually is without having to use dozens of calculators and tools.

2 hours ago, TheBlastMage said:

If you're having trouble visualizing stats and you're on an unofficial server, have the admins install the Super Spyglass mod.  It will show all of a dino's base stats and all of the stats you gave it during level up so you can more easily determine how good a dino actually is without having to use dozens of calculators and tools.

That sounds great! I didn't realize such a mod existed. Thanks!

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Exactly the same way it doesn't carry over into breeding. Imprinting is just a bonus up to 20% on some of the raw stats plus the invisible 30% damage output/damage reduction for the imprinter.

Since it doesn't carry over into breeding it just calculates the base stats.

So basically, imprinting is just another 'multiplier' of sorts, built into the game. It enhances the actual stats with a bonus you can 'see', but isn't a true reflection of the creatures base stats. 

1 minute ago, DeHammer said:

So basically, imprinting is just another 'multiplier' of sorts, built into the game. It enhances the actual stats with a bonus you can 'see', but isn't a true reflection of the creatures base stats. 

Mutations increase the base stat and can be stacked.

Timmy carbine on YT has an ark smart smart breeding app tutorial and explains breeding for stats. Mutation stacking get more complicated.

4 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Exactly. Just think in terms of birth stats. The stats the dino birthed at are its' base stats - mutation or not. Imprinting multiplies this. Per level stats (added after by player) are multipliers of this stat. Which is why after imprints you gain more per levelup versus a tamed rex (or unimprinted) because it goes off the value the imprint gave (rex 1 has 400 melee base, gains 5% per lvlup to melee. Rex 2 has 450 melee after imprint and gains 5.5% per levelup etc)

Archived