Jump to content

Cedric

Known Issues: Primitive Plus

Recommended Posts

@Cedric  Primitive plus is such a great side of ark that so many want to enjoy, those who are tired of filling turrets with bullets and spending days raiding folks.  there are some bugs that have been around for so long on prim plus and from what we have read you are the only one working on it and you have a ton on your plate.   Is it possible to let the community help with this?  there are great modders, 3d model guys, that could really help out and not sure if thats an option or not.  biggest issue im having right now is textures on xbox version of game on valguero not showing up in prim plus, which is a great map we want to play.   also, when using lumber door frames on ceilings once you place a wall above them u cant walk through them and this has been an issue for a long time.   please let us know and if needed ill download the dev kit and help as well, i have modeling experience and have built maps for older games, thanks.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is proof that the kibble doesn’t work now. Please give us an idea of when this will get fixed. It’s not fair that is on Prim + can’t enjoy just a working game much less the special holiday events! :( Try to tame a Direwolf on Prim+ with superior kibble, it’s preferred kibble. I did lastnight and it dropped the taming effectiveness of a 150 to 40%. Not only that it DOUBLED the taming time. This was such a waste of time and resources.:((

1D2680FF-CA3A-4753-95F0-5A5B1BDB2E13.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, Cedric said:

Better confirmation on existing bugs in Primitive + will help prioritize and make sure these bugs are getting addressed.  Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing!  

Gameplay Bugs

  • Loot Drops - Some are reporting loot is not dropping while some seem unaffected [Confirmation Needed]
  • Canteen Crafting - Unable to craft the canteen
  • Kibble Consumption - Some are reporting the new kibble isn't working as intended [Confirmation Needed]
  • Kibble Crafting - Cauldron  is unable to craft the new kibble
  • Coal Harvesting - Some are reporting the inability to harvest coal 
  • Forge Crafting - Unable to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
  • Mailbox - The mailbox isn't working on specific platforms (console)
  • Aberration Hazard Suit - Invalid crafting materials
  • Explorer Notes - Some are reporting the inability to see explorer notes  [Confirmation Needed]
  • Bee Hives - Some are reporting the inability to harvest beeswax and problems with beehive functionality.
  • Aberration Saddles - Some aberration saddles appear to be missing
  • S+ Green House Glass - Unable to be crafted in crafting tables
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Unable to craft
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling - Placement issues on XBOX

Quality of Life Bugs

  • Snap Points - Revision on the snap points for Primitive+ structures
  • Collision Boxes - Revision on collision for Primitive+ structures
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - To accommodate for a primitive experience
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Structure changes mesh/textures after leaving render distance

I can confirm ALL the bugs listed and add a few for Valguero on Xbox One Prim Plus. The Deinonychus STILL doesnt spawn AT ALL. Also there are still these white/gray crystal looking things all over the ground everywhere that I assume are misrendered plants or something that absolutely need to either be deleted or fixed. 

Primitive Plus is far and away the best version of your game and it is absolutely infuriating that it receives little to no attention. I run an RP oriented group that plays on servers I rent...and I know I am not the only one from that community who feels this way. Please please PLEASE table all the futuristic nonsense and make Primitive Plus as good as it should have been from the beginning!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 2:18 PM, Beaverted said:

 

Here are some Problems Prim+ has , since long time and short time:

 

- Dino Transfer

Ragnarok/Aberation

Many Dino's are not possible to transfer to Center/Island...

Aberation Dinos deal many problems.. because atm you are able to transfer Reaper's but no Light Pets -> make them kind of op in prim+ ...

 

- Bee Hives
 

atm Bee Hives dont produce Bee Wax, only Bee Honey. Bee Wax is an important Ressource for prim+

 

- Hazard Suits:

Actual you only can craft them in a Fabricator + The crafting mats are ressetted to original crafting recipe with gas balls and  polymer -> was  prim+ leather and prim+ glas before

 

- Grinding Stone

The Grinding Stone has 16 slots but  high end Blueprints  need much more Ressource- maybe you can increase the Item Slots on these ?

 

- Plant Z

It is not possible to place Z Seeds into the Large Crop Plot

 

-Tepee's

Teppes dont work on Ragnarok, on other maps they work but are mega buggy - you want to respawn at the tepee but it teleports you to a random spawn area on the map

 

- Primitive Plus Structures

Many Structures are not Paintable.... Brick Ceilings Brick Pillar.. Brick gates, Lumber gates ..................................

 

-Primitive Plus Structures missing ?

-> Brick Behemoth Gate ?

-> Brick Behmoth  Hatchframe ?

 

- S+ Primitive Plus Structures (triangle)

 

 

- X plants 100 Turrent Cap

In Prim+ are X plants the only Tower defense (Rock Golems and Dimo Towers also possible) but  atm its  nearly impossible to build a base in an open field, because a breed Giga can easy tank and destroy all xplants in senconds.

Maybe  you increase the Xplant cap to 150-200 ? or Increase Xplant HP /DMG ?

 

- Beacons

Atm Beacoms are  dropping Fabricator super rarely .... I suggest thats not intended- plz remove

- Rock Drake Blueprints missing ob aberation (from drops)

 

-Primitive plus Vegtables

Since the new kibble rework- all prim+ vegtable doenst work for dinos anymore

 

-Prim plus Meat

- Cooked Poultry and Cooked Rips doenst work anymore for Dino Food

I agree with every bug this person listed. As I stated in my previous comment, Primitive Plus is easily the BEST version of this game and it DESPERATELY needs attention. All the futuristic nonsense can be tabled for later. Fixing and updating Primitive Plus will make such a large portion of your game fanbase happier than any of the new DLCs ever could. Trust us. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm there are no loot drops on primitive plus island official servers, and the obs are all locked down tighter than a virgin in a nunnary, I can't confirm the kibble but I will be testing it shortly now that im set up to make some, would be really annoying if theres no way out of an 8 hour wait for a rex..... ffs please kibble work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, Cedric said:

Better confirmation on existing bugs in Primitive + will help prioritize and make sure these bugs are getting addressed.  Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing!  

Gameplay Bugs

  • Loot Drops - Some are reporting loot is not dropping while some seem unaffected [Confirmation Needed]
  • Canteen Crafting - Unable to craft the canteen
  • Kibble Consumption - Some are reporting the new kibble isn't working as intended [Confirmation Needed]
  • Kibble Crafting - Cauldron  is unable to craft the new kibble
  • Coal Harvesting - Some are reporting the inability to harvest coal 
  • Forge Crafting - Unable to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
  • Mailbox - The mailbox isn't working on specific platforms (console)
  • Aberration Hazard Suit - Invalid crafting materials
  • Explorer Notes - Some are reporting the inability to see explorer notes  [Confirmation Needed]
  • Bee Hives - Some are reporting the inability to harvest beeswax and problems with beehive functionality.
  • Aberration Saddles - Some aberration saddles appear to be missing
  • S+ Green House Glass - Unable to be crafted in crafting tables
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Unable to craft
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling - Placement issues on XBOX

Quality of Life Bugs

  • Snap Points - Revision on the snap points for Primitive+ structures
  • Collision Boxes - Revision on collision for Primitive+ structures
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - To accommodate for a primitive experience
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Structure changes mesh/textures after leaving render distance

Honestly on ps4 I can't get any of the prim+ buildings so no lumber, brick or glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moeraki014 said:

Just tried to start a new prim plus today on SE, and all the prim plus engrams just don't exist, it's like I'm basically playing regular ark. Got to level 25 before Inoticed I couldn't find any P+ engrsms so I searched a common thing like lumber and got no results. 

What the hell ark.

What this person said basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, KontrolFreek said:

@Cedric  Primitive plus is such a great side of ark that so many want to enjoy, those who are tired of filling turrets with bullets and spending days raiding folks.  there are some bugs that have been around for so long on prim plus and from what we have read you are the only one working on it and you have a ton on your plate.   Is it possible to let the community help with this?  there are great modders, 3d model guys, that could really help out and not sure if thats an option or not.  biggest issue im having right now is textures on xbox version of game on valguero not showing up in prim plus, which is a great map we want to play.   also, when using lumber door frames on ceilings once you place a wall above them u cant walk through them and this has been an issue for a long time.   please let us know and if needed ill download the dev kit and help as well, i have modeling experience and have built maps for older games, thanks.

Yes. So much yes. This is everything I was thinking right here. Thank you for writing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 7:12 AM, KontrolFreek said:

@Cedric  Primitive plus is such a great side of ark that so many want to enjoy, those who are tired of filling turrets with bullets and spending days raiding folks.  there are some bugs that have been around for so long on prim plus and from what we have read you are the only one working on it and you have a ton on your plate.   Is it possible to let the community help with this?  there are great modders, 3d model guys, that could really help out and not sure if thats an option or not.

Yes! So much Yes! Totally agree with that!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CedricAt the moment no Dino’s are spawning on the centre, A lot of the long term tribes have been loosing tames left and right because of this, there is no option for us to leave the server due to tribes blocking the obs which makes the game much more difficult.

Edited by Aharshcomment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fix Primitive Plus before adding anything else just take primitive plus out of mod and make it main game all engrams also add the mailboxes from ark mobile as well as probably the rest of those engrams on mobile as they obviously work the game has been out for years and year 1 it was broken and was left to sit there in hopes someone will play it and not care they can't use most of what is available. Stop adding and start fixing first come on ced you know it needs to be fixed removing it is out of question to many good engrams available. At least add primitive plus engrams to main game and make them work the guys and gals on ark mobile figured it out it's just in the code. I notice there are 6 of the same beds that must be messing with the engrams not working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 7:55 AM, dani2mars said:

Yes! So much Yes! Totally agree with that!!!!

 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:55 AM, dani2mars said:

Yes! So much Yes! Totally agree with that!!!!

I definitely agree with this just get some help ask the Ark Mobile community for the Mailbox fix and the other mailbox engrams they've come up with i am using a dedicated storage box as a mailbox lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Primitive Gameplay Bugs - Nov 2019 Updated Current issues 

  • Loot Drops - Some are reporting loot is not dropping while some seem unaffected [Confirmation Needed]
  • Canteen Crafting - Unable to craft the canteen 
  • Kibble Consumption - Some are reporting the new kibble isn't working as intended [Confirmation Needed]
  • Kibble Crafting - Cauldron  is unable to craft the new kibble
  • Coal Harvesting - Some are reporting the inability to harvest coal 
  • Forge Crafting - Unable to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
  • Mailbox - The mailbox isn't working on specific platforms (console)
  • Aberration Hazard Suit - Invalid crafting materials
  • Engrams - Random players getting engrams for non-primitive objects 
  • Explorer Notes - Some are reporting the inability to see explorer notes  [Confirmation Needed]
  • Bee Hives - Some are reporting the inability to harvest beeswax and problems with beehive functionality.
  • Aberration Saddles - Some aberration saddles appear to be missing
  • Taming - Unable to Tame some bugged Dino's [Confirmation Needed]
  • Dino's - Wyverns and Casteroides not spawning [Confirmation Needed]
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Unable to craft
  • Plant Z and X - It is not possible to place Z Seeds into the Large Crop Plot
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling - Placement issues on XBOX

Quality of Life Bugs

  • Snap Points - Revision on the snap points for Primitive+ structures
  • Collision Boxes - Revision on collision for Primitive+ structures
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - To accommodate for a primitive experience
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Structure changes mesh/textures after leaving render distance
  • PC Rendering Distance - Mesh and texture broken. Colors broken. Rendering black and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updating to report on the current state of these bugs as I have observed them.  I play on PS4, on EU-PvP-PrimPlus-CrossArk3 cluster.

Gameplay Bugs

  • Loot Drops - There was an issue of drops losing their "beam" once they had landed. After patch 541.71, they now retain their "dropping" beam even after landing.  Both sky drops and desert crates / sea crates have been working since I started (~August)
  • Canteen Crafting - No Canteen in my engrams, but I have found canteens from "desert drops" on Ragnarok.
  • Kibble Consumption - Kibble has worked correctly on everything I have tried.  (Haven't tried a Stego or Doed specifically, I will see if I can manage one to test.)
  • Kibble Crafting - I have cooked most kibbles in cauldron successfully, haven't observed any issues with it.
  • Coal Harvesting - I have always gotten Coal from obsidian rocks.
  • Forge Crafting - No issue placing resources in Forge AFAIK.
  • Mailbox 
  • Aberration Hazard Suit 
  • Explorer Notes - Always worked for me on P+.  (Interestingly, I remember notes not working a few months ago, on a vanilla server; presumed it was patched at some point, and working ever since.)
  • Bee Hives - None seem to spawn on Ragnarok. I see them on Island, but have not checked for wild wax or a tamable Queen as of yet.
  • Aberration Saddles 
  • S+ Green House Glass 
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Haven't tried crafting, but it is available in the list. You can use Organic Polymer, so I assumed the whole approach was intentional?
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling 

Quality of Life Bugs

  • Snap Points - Most regular stuff seems okay. This topic probably warrants its own thread, for how many different things could have specific issues.  (Here's one: brick dino gates no allowed on platforms, but stone gates are?)
  • Collision Boxes - Haven't had the doorframe issue since the old pre-launch P+ days. But I did notice that brick sloped roofs at 1x height will obstruct, don't think stone does the same.  
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - Yeah probably ... ;)
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Haven't observed any texture issues on lumber specifically.  But some world objects are odd sometimes, notably boreal trees seem to have no trunk texture at all. 

Supplemental

  • Wyverns on Ragnarok - No Wyverns in Scar, or around the "Wyvern Cove" area - BUT Wyverns do spawn inside the southern cave, as do nests and eggs.
  • Beavers on Ragnarok - No Castoroides or dams anywhere on the map, however the giant dams do spawn reguarly at "Beaver Lake" somehow.
  • Other Spawns on Ragnarok - No deep-sea spawns at all, in the western trench or northern sea, including Cnidaeria.  Jellies do spawn in shallow sea, along with usual creatures.
  • Spawns on other maps - No overworld spawns of any kind of Island, Center.  However, all caves I have checked so far have had regular spawns.  (So at least it is possible to get meat and hide ...)

Hope this is helpful.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Don’t know if this thread is still open. We have just revisited Primitive Plus and have Nitrado servers for Valguero and Ragnarock. 

There are so many issues with the game it is difficult to list them all but the glaring one we have discovered is there are no wyverns/nests/eggs in the wyvern trench on Ragnarock. We are almost giving up on trying to play Primitive Plus again but hope, hope, hope someone is working on it?????? It is a fantastic concept...too bad it is so glitchy and getting no love. We can’t use Expert mode on either map as well. Nothing seems to take.

Kathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the tree and leave textures don't load at all and all I get is the default "no texture" texture. Because of this, shadows casted by the trees are super dark making this game into a horror game (which is kind of fun, not gonna lie).

-Playing windows 10 prim+ server (with some xbox users)

also flickering is a thing when roaming around don't really know what the cause of this but people for pc (steam) seem to have the same issue and changing the resolution seems to be a workaround for them to remove it but it doesn't work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big update!  As of last night's Wonderland update, dino spawns on all maps appear to be functioning normally.  Wyverns, Gigas, Beavers, deep sea creatures, everything on Ragnarok appears to be normal.  Spawns on other maps appear to be back to normal as well, if a little scarce currently.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, nightwatcher52 said:

There are so many issues with the game it is difficult to list them all but the glaring one we have discovered is there are no wyverns/nests/eggs in the wyvern trench on Ragnarock. We are almost giving up on trying to play Primitive Plus again but hope, hope, hope someone is working on it?????? It is a fantastic concept...too bad it is so glitchy and getting no love. We can’t use Expert mode on either map as well. Nothing seems to take.

Unfortunately there is a bizarre issue with ground and distance textures, everything is psychedelic green on Rag.  The original issue with tree and other textures persists.  From what I have read, that one may be tied to the graphical bug that caused the display to show pitch black, a while back now.  

On 12/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, DaHipsta said:

For some reason the tree and leave textures don't load at all and all I get is the default "no texture" texture. Because of this, shadows casted by the trees are super dark making this game into a horror game (which is kind of fun, not gonna lie).

That one is going to be harder for them to resolve I imagine, but I'd rather have neon rivets than no spawns.  Hopefully after Wonderland ends it doesn't revert to the previous state.  But either way, glad to see some sort of progress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...