Known Issues: Primitive Plus

Cedric

@Cedric @ARK So since prime plus servers went down to make sure survival evolved servers issues could be resolved where i have noticed no issues myself because my internet is excellent and others see issues when they have slower network we should get the same attention with the prime plus servers and take the survival evolved servers offline to fix prime plus engram's and issues as no focus seems to be given or cared for the issues with the game since release. I say no focus because patch notes never mention any fixes for Prime plus. We should have prime plus engrams be added to survival evolved servers as well like the main game engrams can come to prime plus. Just saying we need to see progress where there is none. @Cedric @ARK

On 3/5/2020 at 10:57 AM, peequi said:

Thanks for trying to find work arounds. At least someone is trying......can't say that for you know who.

@peequithank you for taking notice I hope this has helped you finally send mail yourself I admin and this has made things easier for everyone trying to contact me when I go to work and get home I can see what was asked or what was needed. I am going to just record what I did and upload it to youtube tho my channel is small and old i'd enjoy this being used by many others. Enjoy the working mailbox finally though. my GT: ChiefJDUB if you have any further questions or want me to try to find a work around for something else.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, TheObEGamer said:

I've been playing Single Player Prim+ for most of Feb then all of a sudden, the game crashes on me but only if I try and access the engrams screen.  I can access all the other tabs next to it but as soon as I select the engrams the game crashes and brings me back to the Home screen on my Xbox One X.  I have read all the posts in this topic from 2020 and no one has mentioned it.  At first I thought this was my profile, so I logged into another Microsoft account, started a new single player game in Prim+ and it still crashes when I try and access the Engrams.  I know there is other issues post Genesis but am hoping this fix gets magically corrected along with all the other issues.  Otherwise, gets it's back to the classic mode :(.

I'm not sure if there was an update that was pushed out but my issue mentioned above has been fixed.  The thing that made me try was, I launched the game and the Prim + mode appeared.  I'm 1000% sure I had it on Survival Evolved mode.  I know most people probably play on a server but just wanted to close the loop on this in case it provides anyone solace that a fix for all the other issues is coming.

*disregard - it's working now!*

Something new (and not good) this morning.   I  tried to login to my prim plus server (NA-PVE-Valguero-PrimPlusCrossArk4).  Prim plus appears to load normally.  The server selection screen comes up - I pick my server - and I get a disconnect message followed by a second  message saying "Total Conversion Mismatch - relaunch game with proper mod?".   

Hmm well I did as it suggested.  It logged me in to my server but all my prim  plus specific items are gone .. vaults, storage, workstation.  My tames and the building looks intact but the rest is gone.  

In an attempt to fix this I have done the following:

I have tried validating files .. didn't help

I tried launching with the Reset Total Conversion option .. nope

I tried removing and reinstalling the prim plus dlc .. that didn't work either

Possibly an issue with the patch that went in yesterday?

Edited by Abyzu
adding info

On 3/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, Kemalettin said:

I would like to play primitive plus but when I try to join it, I must wait 20 minute :|

this must be fix too I think

It is true that we have a long load time, it is the nature of the beast right now. Yes this issue should be addressed.

However, please come and play. When you load the client and then log onto the server, it will take awhile but when you are done and log off of the server, DO NOT close the client. This will shorten the load time when you next log into the server. The only time you will need to re-load the client is when there is an update to the client itself or if you are having other issues.

This is not a perfect work around, but it does shorten the load time.

@ChiefJDUB I disagree with your assesment that the mailboxes are 100% fixed. That is not an accurate statement. If it was truly working all the way, we would not need to switch to a Bluetooth device to play a console game. To be considered 100% working, players like myself who don't have Bluetooth keyboards should be able to use the mailbox system like any other interface in the game, using the controller. That would be what I consider 100% working, where I don't have to buy a second device. That's a ridiculous expectation that you would even think that would be acceptable as a long term solution for a video game console. If Microsoft intended us to need a built in keyboard, it would have been provided. While we as a community appreciate your help in attempting to locate and resolve issues, please allow the developers of the game, who have certifications in their fields, to decide when something is working 100%. 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, PrimRP88 said:

@ChiefJDUB I disagree with your assesment that the mailboxes are 100% fixed. That is not an accurate statement. If it was truly working all the way, we would not need to switch to a Bluetooth device to play a console game. To be considered 100% working, players like myself who don't have Bluetooth keyboards should be able to use the mailbox system like any other interface in the game, using the controller. That would be what I consider 100% working, where I don't have to buy a second device. That's a ridiculous expectation that you would even think that would be acceptable as a long term solution for a video game console. If Microsoft intended us to need a built in keyboard, it would have been provided. While we as a community appreciate your help in attempting to locate and resolve issues, please allow the developers of the game, who have certifications in their fields, to decide when something is working 100%. 

I would assume you don't have a means to obtain one it's only $20-30 bucks that's all if I can send mail on my Xbox and continue on without getting froze and keep playing I say its fixed to the pc standard that Ark was originally made for not originally made on xbox and usually Microsoft likes you to buy other products individually like racing wheels, foot pedals, controller keyboards, external hard drives, etc. I think you just need a better paying job don't be mad I found a work around that works and I have several other users using this method now and I enjoy getting mail on my Xbox from other players finally. Don't be mad be glad go use a lawnmower and get $20 it can't waist your entire day for a small lawn if you complain about this I wonder how you complain to your landlord about bills. I explained the entire problem why it doesn't work on Xbox and how I got it to work on Xbox the snag is the enter button which your controller does not have once out of keyboard mode when you hit start you can't hit start again as you need to hit enter twice for send to come up. Gotta pay to play better work for it before it's gone enjoy.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, Namuh101 said:

It is true that we have a long load time, it is the nature of the beast right now. Yes this issue should be addressed.

However, please come and play. When you load the client and then log onto the server, it will take awhile but when you are done and log off of the server, DO NOT close the client. This will shorten the load time when you next log into the server. The only time you will need to re-load the client is when there is an update to the client itself or if you are having other issues.

This is not a perfect work around, but it does shorten the load time.

Just want to say I get about 4-5 disconnects before it will finally let me in this is on standard servers as well as prime where I prefer prime plus because of the interior decoration's

On 4/9/2019 at 10:51 AM, Cedric said:

Better confirmation on existing bugs in Primitive + will help prioritize and make sure these bugs are getting addressed.  Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing!  

Gameplay Bugs

• Loot Drops - Some are reporting loot is not dropping while some seem unaffected [Confirmation Needed]
  • Canteen Crafting - Unable to craft the canteen
  • Kibble Consumption - Some are reporting the new kibble isn't working as intended [Confirmation Needed]
  • Kibble Crafting - Cauldron  is unable to craft the new kibble
  • Coal Harvesting - Some are reporting the inability to harvest coal 
  • Forge Crafting - Unable to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
  • Mailbox - The mailbox isn't working on specific platforms (console)
  • Aberration Hazard Suit - Invalid crafting materials
  • Explorer Notes - Some are reporting the inability to see explorer notes  [Confirmation Needed]
  • Bee Hives - Some are reporting the inability to harvest beeswax and problems with beehive functionality.
  • Aberration Saddles - Some aberration saddles appear to be missing
  • S+ Green House Glass - Unable to be crafted in crafting tables
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Unable to craft
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling - Placement issues on XBOX

Quality of Life Bugs

• Snap Points - Revision on the snap points for Primitive+ structures
  • Collision Boxes - Revision on collision for Primitive+ structures
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - To accommodate for a primitive experience
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Structure changes mesh/textures after leaving render distance

Hey, I have a Primitive Plus server, and no one is able to adjust their character size, but on normal ark it's fine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About a week ago I decided to check out prim+ again since I've missed it and the tek lag on S.E is terrible. I was SO excited to load it up and see that drops were now working! So, I spent over 10 hours custom coding drops, dino spawns and more for my Nitrado server. I logged in to play on my Xbox, went into admin mode and summoned each drop and beaver dam and was so happy to see them working! It's open to the public so I go into creative mode to build a community center and such. This is where my joy starts to disappear. Concrete/brick and lumber does not work at all. Beds do not work at all, they can not be placed. The only thing that works as a spawn point upon death is a sleeping bag. I build out of stone and greenhouse pieces instead and then go to place essential things like forges, smithy, storage, etc. Nothing works. I craft a stack of everything in my inventory to test each and every thing. Now that I have every single thing, some items place but are not what I was trying to place. Want a cauldron? Place a candle. Want an alchemy station? Place an industrial forge. Want a market stall? Place a mailbox. I still have not figured out a majority of the placeable items. When riding a dino, the player is standing in the dino rather then actually sitting on the saddle, character customization is broken, SE engrams are missing, and more. I don't mind tek being gone but teleporters at key points on the map and bunk beds were nice to have..

This breaks my heart. Players join, level up a bit and then leave when they realize how broken it is...again.

Please, fix primitive plus!?!

There are a lot of people who really enjoy it. 

• Like 1