Community Crunch 176: Character Restoration, Mod Updates, and Creator Feature

StudioWildcard

4 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Yes. Could we get an approximate date?

16th of April. Starting on a Tuesday, the day after the community crunch that gives full info on the event and then it covers all of Easter weekend, potentially finishing on the Tuesday after Easter Monday. The first Easter events were a week long, however last years ran past that by a few days.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubblywums/status/1116092464601939968/

Edited by SaltyMonkey
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Everyone I disagree with is a troll too.

Crystal Isles is a sponsored mod, there’s your statement.

I consider trolls the people that stalk other users, never contribute anything constructive to the conversation, and make a “statement” representing something they don’t represent or really know anything about. I only see one troll here ;)

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

16th of April. Starting on a Tuesday, the day after the community crunch that gives full info on the event and then it covers all of Easter weekend, potentially finishing on the Tuesday after Easter Monday. The first Easter events were a week long, however last years ran past that by a few days.

Now that wasn’t so hard. Doesn’t it feel better trying to be informative, as opposed to just rude, for a change?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

I consider trolls the people that stalk other users, never contribute anything constructive to the conversation, and make a “statement” representing something they don’t represent or really know anything about. I only see one troll here ;)

You claim I don’t contribute because you call me a troll for disagreeing with you.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:42 AM, WildManFyfe said:

@StudioWildcard Rather than turning the conquest servers (That people love), in classic PvP (That we basically have already had which was CrossArk Servers in legacy) why did you's not remove some of the PvE servers or take down the whole Legacy side of the game as it is dead as raptor. All together there are 410 legacy pvp and PvE servers on the whole game, PvE Is full of little kids that spam poop all over the map making it basically a 1 tribe server and they do nothing but ride a stupid ass raptorin dinosaur all day defending their base from a stupid as level 5 dodo. What is the point of PvE and why do we need official PvE servers if there is Unofficial PvE servers that are basically the same. And legacy is completely useless with like 1 tribe across all their servers with a max of like 5 players a day in total.

Our legacy servers arnt dead that's blasphemy! !!

16 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Hey thanks! Yeah this will be my 4th one. I always liked the Easter event.

19 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You claim I don’t contribute because you call me a troll for disagreeing with you.

I call you out for trolling, bub.

There’s nothing to agree or disagree with when the majority of your posts are telling people they shouldn’t ask or get answers to the questions they post, when you stalk through a person’s posts and put a handslap on every one, or mock and gloat of other’s misfortune that you don’t have because you host a server and rig the game in your favor. 

Even your posts that I agree with usually have some rude comment disregarding other users concerns or complaints. That’s all trolling bub, and you engage in it quite frequently. I don’t have to disagree with you to notice you trolling and I’ll call you out for it even if it contains a brief statement that might be true. 

I shouldn’t have said you “never” contribute because you occasionally do, but mostly you troll.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:04 AM, WhySoParanoid said:

Hey Wildcard, i have an Off-topic idea, i hope you would consider: Conan Exiles have just been this months PS+ offer, so i checked it out and i found a genius little detail i hope you would consider implementing in ark. 

When you go to the online part of the game, you Can Choose what kind of community you want to be a part of. It is only for dedicated servers, but if you could implement in on all official servers i would really want to be part of “Ark Online” again.  

Why should that be implementet: 

Because it is a little bit frustating to not be a hardcore player, i love the game and i have completed it, but i still dont have the same blood Lust as some of the other players do. Im not saying that it is wrong to be blood thirsty, but if i wanted to kill people Every second i could just play a Rockstar Game instead. 

I have never had the oppotunity to move around in some of the many Pve servers, i have wanted to join. The only kind of Pve servers i have joined, where filled with buildings i wouldnt even Build in creative, so where would the place for my Home be ? 

I used to play on the “offlineraidprotection” servers and i really loved the community because the chat was active and you wouldnt just beat every person running around in Their underpants. A mega Tribe changed the playing rules at some point, and started scamming good hearted players, So my interest quickly fainted. My friends then told me about the “smalltribeservers” and i tried joining.

I have never seen so much chaos, when we joined i couldnt even leave viking Bay without getting beat to death the first 5 times and that is Allright, but it is NOT for me. 

My love for Ark came because of the oppotunities, there were when the game still was new. 

I loved the thought about teaming up with others, to try and survive and maybe building a cool community. I still want pvp, but since im neither paranoid or want to watch the World burn, i just only want to fight people “i dont agree with”.

i Think it would be kinda hard to implement an “declare war” option, where you need to wait, lets say 12 Hours to whipe another tribe, or something.  Thats why i Think it would be cool to choose between communities online, because then there would be something for every one. 

I know this community is know  for their “Git Gut” mentality, but it is kinda hard to “git gut” when people are so paranoid that they fear your Thatch hut so much they need to raid it ?

i miss the old days of ark, where you would look at other People’s tribe and tame names and just laugh because you Saw other People’s creativity. I Also miss the days, where you could see special bases, all the alphas Allmost use the same formula for setting up a base, because some youtuber told Them, that this is the Best construction.

i know a lot of hardcores dont agree, but it Will never be easy to make every one happy so lets just have a lot to choose between. 

Consensual PvP is the norm for large open-world environments, with exceptions for worlds where it's all about PvP (Planetside for example). I keep thinking "why didn't WC just do Tribe Wars as the "Official" PvP mode and leave 24/7 PvP for event / unofficial servers?".  That would guarantee everyone can do what they want as much as they want, with the people who want the same. 

As they have things with PvP now, the smallest number of people will be happy and the largest number unhappy, and that's the opposite of how you pursue success as a business.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:42 AM, WildManFyfe said:

@StudioWildcard Rather than turning the conquest servers (That people love), in classic PvP (That we basically have already had which was CrossArk Servers in legacy) why did you's not remove some of the PvE servers or take down the whole Legacy side of the game as it is dead as raptor. All together there are 410 legacy pvp and PvE servers on the whole game, PvE Is full of little kids that spam poop all over the map making it basically a 1 tribe server and they do nothing but ride a stupid ass raptorin dinosaur all day defending their base from a stupid as level 5 dodo. What is the point of PvE and why do we need official PvE servers if there is Unofficial PvE servers that are basically the same. And legacy is completely useless with like 1 tribe across all their servers with a max of like 5 players a day in total.

Why do we need so many pvp servers? All you do is kill each other or one tribe becomes an alpha and wipes everyone till they quit the server. Just because you do not like pve does not mean others do not. Guess what we dont like? Nerfs because of pvpers exploiting.