Community Crunch 176: Character Restoration, Mod Updates, and Creator Feature

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, TheStagKing said:

As an Xbox player, we have very dry content and I would like a statement for the classic pvp servers coming to Xbox and it would be a nice and fresh thing so come on wildcard because I don’t think this weeks community crunch answered anyone’s questions 

Classic servers arent ran by wildcard so they dont come to console jist like console never got conquest they are ran by snail games whondont care aboit the console population

9 hours ago, Spectratech said:

It would be cool to get some form of statement regarding crystal isle. As a console player we get Ark lite compared to pc. A simple were working on it or nah its all hype would suffice 

9 hours ago, Mlopez14 said:

I really support you and defend you in the forums Wildcard, but you still haven't announced any new content since the Homestead update. When you are a console player who doesn't have access to mods, the devs are your only hope. Unfortunately, recent community crunches are recycled from previous ones. So please implement new content for the game. At least for consoles since we don't have access to mods. 

PS: Apologies if this sounds harsh.

8 hours ago, Slyguy said:

Will they ever add the crystal isle map?

As a console player, I have to agree with the thoughts of those above. The updates for the conquest servers, mods, and fan creatures are nice to see- but for the most part there really isn't a bit of news for a console player like me. 

Extinction was hyped up for months before it came out, and the Homestead Update received the same treatment. So there was something there to look forward too with excitement and anticipation. But right now... what is there? Rumors and speculation at best. 

It would be nice to know where Ark is going next. Is it a new map? New content? Game fixes? Creature updates? Nothing specific. If it is a map, I wouldn't be asking for a name- just that it was on the horizon. S+ part two? I wouldn't need to know what's in it, only that it was on the way. Some direction at this point would be nice. I want to be excited and at this point I simply don't know what to be excited for.

That's just me though. Luckily there is a good group of people on the server I am on so the interest to keep playing is there, I just hope that soon we learn something to bring back that extra dose of excitement. 

That said, thanks for all you do!?

What a pointless fluff piece. Ark is dead.....time to find another game to fill the void of Ark's implosion by Wildcard. This community crunch is a perfect example of how little they care about our concerns. Ark will stay uninstalled. Is there a way I can gift this game to someone else so I don't have to stare at it any longer in my Steam library? 

Add some fresh servers on Xbox please. Want to play so bad but it’s pointless with the current state of severs. Starting from scratch against people with everything never ends well. I feel like a wipe every now and again would also be good for the community. Keep it fresh :) switching to pc may have an upside tho 

Edited by Rossh3000

45 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

As a console player, I have to agree with the thoughts of those above. The updates for the conquest servers, mods, and fan creatures are nice to see- but for the most part there really isn't a bit of news for a console player like me. 

Extinction was hyped up for months before it came out, and the Homestead Update received the same treatment. So there was something there to look forward too with excitement and anticipation. But right now... what is there? Rumors and speculation at best. 

It would be nice to know where Ark is going next. Is it a new map? New content? Game fixes? Creature updates? Nothing specific. If it is a map, I wouldn't be asking for a name- just that it was on the horizon. S+ part two? I wouldn't need to know what's in it, only that it was on the way. Some direction at this point would be nice. I want to be excited and at this point I simply don't know what to be excited for.

That's just me though. Luckily there is a good group of people on the server I am on so the interest to keep playing is there, I just hope that soon we learn something to bring back that extra dose of excitement. 

That said, thanks for all you do!?

After Extinction was released, there was a little bit of talk about a potential TLC for dinos, but no details. If I had to guess, I would say that’s the best we can hope for in the short term. Maybe some more S+, but that’s probably wishful thinking. 

As far as another DLC goes (like Crystal Isle), it’s extremely unlikely to happen in less than a year. I know it seems like it’s been a long time but Extinction basically just came out and they’re still working out some kinks there. I would say that since Crystal Isle is generating a lot of interest, there is a chance it could come to official, but don’t expect to hear anything before the Christmas season.

• Facepalm 1

Love how its days/weeks for a response. Also dont include weekends for support. Playerbase made to suffer but thats ok our money is already in your pocket. No official responses from any devs just to sit and wait for base to decay and wonder why i spent over 2k hours on pc and over 3k on console. Just to get shafted cause some vaults broke

20 hours ago, gushwa80 said:

How does a player to player interaction repair the damage done to peoples bases and dinos when a meeting won't take place for weeks?  There is an article on survive the ark saying when a character is deleted you should not even make a new character on the same server because it will over write the old character and not be retrievable.  The information being put out is still lacking on basic instruction on how the community should act in the mean time.  It lacks true compassion for the people who have thousands of hours of work into this game.   A normal person works roughly 2000 hours in a year some of us have that into this game some of us have more then that.   Have you taken any actions to stop the bleeding.  Turn off dino and base decay timers on the servers as so many others have suggested.  What about food consumption.  Sure you're going to restore our levels, tek engrams, and maybe re-imprint a hand full of dinos.  But what of the people who no longer have any dinos or bases.   Are you doing any thing to address these problems in the weeks its going to take to get a meeting.  For those of us about to loose a year of our lives do you offer any thing for our hard work that you squandered.   Perhaps this is part of a grander plan, a plan to force more servers to close after all extinction is the final step in your journey where it begins and ends.  No more plans to earn cash so time to kill the game.  Kill the player base.  Kill the servers cut the over head cost. All along fronting like you are trying to "improve" the game with patches.  Yet what effort is being made to preserve the player base.  Official servers lag so bad they are almost unplayable. This patch and roll back should be referred to as the great extinction. Note there was no apology in the updated statement only asking us to be understanding of their situation.  No mention of our situation.  So much more left to say but what is the point its already been proven it will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. 

Well said buddy I totally second every word!

You encourage us to contact your customer support team for character restorations, meanwhile they are so backed up that it will be weeks or months before they reply. In that time their internal policy can change and we will not receive our character restorations. This has happened multiple times to me (not only for character restorations). Start fixing this game so we can stop contacting your support team so they can start dealing with problems that people are having and not dino restorations or character restorations. 

Edited by Gbonne

On 4/9/2019 at 1:14 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

They don’t need to say anything. Don’t give into rumours, that’s your statement.

The poster said “it would be cool” to hear something about Crystal Isle. If you weren’t so busy trolling you might notice that map has generated a lot of interest among the community, and although it’s a bit too soon for a definitive answer, “it would be cool” to find out it is on the Dev’s radar. 

• Facepalm 1

Has there ever been a thought on giving every creature in the game a sleep and rest animation like the megalosaurus so when you get back to your base you can put them to sleep and it will cause them to heal faster but not take up as much food just saying I think it would be an awesome feature to the game 

It would be really nice if Ark would post actual dates for holidays. I've been was waiting to hear about what date does the Easter dino holiday start. Howl long does it last. Wildcard should post dates for holidays at the beginning of the year.  Or at least every 3 months in advance so their players can make plans to utilize the holidays.

You know what I would love? A simple patch,  you already did this patch on ragnarok.  When rag was released , spinos were non existing due to sharing the spawn with saber tooth salmon. Then you fixed that issue and all is good in the world. But on island map, the Same Issue still exists, spinos are crazy hard to force spawn by eating all the fish, and boss fights on island as it is don’t give much ele either , so please can we get a patch on island map to fix the spino spawns please WILDCARD.

8 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

The poster said “it would be cool” to hear something about Crystal Isle. If you weren’t so busy trolling you might notice that map has generated a lot of interest among the community, and although it’s a bit too soon for a definitive answer, “it would be cool” to find out it is on the Dev’s radar. 

Everyone I disagree with is a troll too.

Crystal Isles is a sponsored mod, there’s your statement.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:36 AM, Rossh3000 said:

Add some fresh servers on Xbox please. Want to play so bad but it’s pointless with the current state of severs. Starting from scratch against people with everything never ends well. I feel like a wipe every now and again would also be good for the community. Keep it fresh :) switching to pc may have an upside tho 

I agree with the comment above, playing on official Xbox is hard, especially when you have a mega tribe that doesnt care about anyone else, so please Wildcard, bring some new Cluster servers to Xbox.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:07 AM, Sikx06 said:

@StudioWildcard I would like to know why I saw WildcardJeager on xbox connect but he just unlocked the titan dessert that was off map, so that 20 minutes after someone downloaded it for us raid. but do not restore our character lost since 1 week.

lost character and easy raid 6month farm! Enjoy

i believe titans were not suppose to even be redeemed in first place. so idk.