question about ice wyverns

GameFreak

i only found 3 nest, 2 when i went looking the first time and then 1 the time after that and i havent seen any at all since. i have checked all 4 locations multiple times. i looked it up and found posts from 2 years ago and june/july of 2018 with people complaining about the same issue but no clue if its a bug or not. if it is a bug its a bit ridiculous that it hasnt been fixed in 2 years.

42 minutes ago, GameFreak said:

are they just a rare spawn or something?  because i have only come across 3 nests in the past week and i have only seen 1 actual ice wyvern when it was fighting a mammoth.

i am on a ps4 ragnarok nitrado server

You’ve probably just been unlucky. I rarely ever wild dino wipe on my servers (colour events or spawn editing only), and I usually spot a couple when passing through that zone.

If you are having difficulties and the eggs you do find are expiring often, use the following command to wipe nested eggs:

cheat destroyall DroppedItemGeneric_FertilizedEgg_NoPhysicsWyvern_C

9 minutes ago, GameFreak said:

im not getting any nests at all at this point.  i checked each spot and there was no nest or egg from what i could see.

Try doing this instead.

Write destroywilddinos in command. (Make sure there isn't anything you want to tame around)

And repeat if the wyvern didn't respawn after a while.

If it respawn, wait a while (and not stand around render distance where the nest usualyl spawn) and look for the nest.

6 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Try doing this instead.

Write destroywilddinos in command. (Make sure there isn't anything you want to tame around)

And repeat if the wyvern didn't respawn after a while.

If it respawn, wait a while (and not stand around render distance where the nest usualyl spawn) and look for the nest.

That command, doubled with the destroy wild dropped eggs I mentioned earlier. No point wild dino wiping if the nests already contain eggs.

15 minutes ago, GameFreak said:

its rather annoying if i have to do this often. if this is a bug you would think they would have fixed it in the 2 years people have been complaining about it -_-

I also have a Nitrado server but have never experienced this issue. The harder it is to reproduce an issue, the harder it is to fix.

27 minutes ago, GameFreak said:

its rather annoying if i have to do this often. if this is a bug you would think they would have fixed it in the 2 years people have been complaining about it -_-

Kill some stuff in the areas. That will force some to spawn I guess. Usually works for me if im trying to get a new ice to spawn. Also kill the low levels if you do come across any to force a high level :)

thought so, its probably easier to get the other wyverns because they are the only creatures that are supposed to spawn in the scar but for the ice wyverns there are a large number of other creatures that spawn in the same area so you probably have to clear those to hopefully help them spawn. although i have noticed people complaining that the ice wyverns may spawn but too far away from where the nest is and so an egg wont appear because of that which is annoying as well.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, GameFreak said:

are they just a rare spawn or something?  because i have only come across 3 nests in the past week and i have only seen 1 actual ice wyvern when it was fighting a mammoth.

i am on a ps4 ragnarok nitrado server

Some rag sever spawns are broke. Because folks built on the spawns

13 hours ago, cheesebob601 said:

Look up a guide to finding their nests on YouTube, they always appear in the same locations.

i know where each spawn is and i have only seen 4 ice wyverns since i started the server 2 weeks ago.

15 hours ago, 1megatron124 said:

Some rag sever spawns are broke. Because folks built on the spawns

no one has built there as the server is my private server for me and my friends.

What I noticed with the new Ragnarok server a friend rented from G-Portal is, that spawns shifted quite a bit since it became an official DLC (Giga spawn near my base where i never had one whe i played the Mod Ragnarok, no more Leeds etc)
I have yet to confirm if that might be True for ice Wyvern but I just assume the wiki coordinates are right ^^

That being said, what might help you is to manually increase the number of wild animals (dinos) that can spawn. I have no clue why but the current Ragnarok Map I play on seems deserted, just a few dinos in between and the griffins only spawn as solitary creatures not as packs of three like they did before. The Ragnarok server is only a week old and we spent the last week watching the dinos that spawn in regard to their density, we will try upping the wild dino counter tomorrow and if it helps ice wyverns, deathworms and others to spawn I can give you an update, if you want.

Sorry to say, but we won't try uping the wild dino number today, currently we have more pressing issues on our servers, tames loosing massive chunks of their stats and survivors loosing thousands of engram points. We have to fix that first, before addressing the Ice Wyvern issue.

If anybody else tries increasing the wild dino number and has any sucess please do tell

ive been searching for ice wyverns for the past few days now and have seen very few and when i have seen them the had no nest in the spawn locations most of the time but i did notice that the ice wyverns themselves were a good distance away from where the nest is (i have confirmed 3 out of the 4 nest locations as where they should be according to the wiki and where people have seen them on youtube as i have found a low lv egg at the 3 locations).

im thinking that the wyverns are spawning too far away from the nest locations preventing an egg from spawning judging by how far they are from them.

i also noticed 2 lv135 quetzals dragging their bellies across the ground in the snow flying directly towards 50,50 as well as argents with their heads in the grounds and their tails in the air (and i do mean they were almost completely vertical lol) flying together to 50,50 as well. plus i have seen the occasional ice wyvern making a straight line for 50,50 also and i have to sprint full speed to get its attention. my guess is there is a similar issue to what used to happen where certain flying creatures would end up flying to 50,50 for some reason (i believe they did fix it back then but it may just be the same issue and it hasnt been completely fixed yet) and since the wyvern goes straight for 50,50 it leaves the area and that could possibly cause no eggs to spawn in time or something.

but im pretty sure they both spawn at the same time so im pretty sure its just that they end up spawning originally too far from the nest spawn and that causes no egg to spawn

there's only 2 ice wyverns out at a time. They have the attention span of a fish. They will get distracted and fly off chasing something. You have to find them and kill them. Then it's a straight line run from the front to the back. Normally the spot by the broken trees has 1 and the back spot close to the desert has one.  When you take an egg kill the dragon or it wont lay another egg. They say you can try and lead it back to a nest but that never works for me. So i take the egg kill the dragon fly the line. Rinse and repeat. Hope it works for you

Archived