Mysterious Mysteries: GIGAntic Expectations!

Jatheish

This tipickly defeats the purpose of being out in the wild and being int he lost island of the past. Its already bad enough having rediculas weapons and other things. Don get me wrong itś cool and so are the highly evolved stuff. I hope its only on PC bc i have xbox and this will ultimately ruin the whole dino age theme. 

34 minutes ago, DeltaCharlie00 said:

This tipickly defeats the purpose of being out in the wild and being int he lost island of the past. Its already bad enough having rediculas weapons and other things. Don get me wrong itś cool and so are the highly evolved stuff. I hope its only on PC bc i have xbox and this will ultimately ruin the whole dino age theme. 

I can understand your point. However, the main story of the game hasn't been implemented yet. And the arm implants and floating beacons sort of imply a virtual/high tech world. Like The Island might be a big ol' holodeck. So we can't really rule anything out based on when/where the story takes place since we don't really know yet. 

1 minute ago, Slipjay said:

I can understand your point. However, the main story of the game hasn't been implemented yet. And the arm implants and floating beacons sort of imply a virtual/high tech world. Like The Island might be a big ol' holodeck. So we can't really rule anything out based on when/where the story takes place since we don't really know yet. 

you beat me to it. LoL

47 minutes ago, Deadman said:

I really hope this is for the PC and not the Xbox.

The PC has more exclusivity than the Xbox does, so this is only being selfish. I'd like both versions to have the Rex Skin, so in turn, I want both versions to have the Giga Skin.

It's likely both will receive it, as Jat never mentioned a specific ARK. He only said. "Coming soon to an ARK near you."

8 hours ago, Jat said:

And it's not the only thing... ;)

Not the only thing eh.. 

1 hour ago, Gamester615 said:

And what's the deal with the outline? Is it supposed to be something? It kind of looks like it is...

RIGHT?!?! I think it could possibly be 1. ARK Survival Of the Fittest coming to xbone?!?! or 2. A flashy new header for our game menu/start screen?

Cheers~

29 minutes ago, SurvivalArtist said:

We can barely kill the normal looking one O.o but looks amazzzzing

This isn't a new creature, it's just a skin. Similar to the Bionic Rex Skin.

8 minutes ago, Pabs said:

Not the only thing eh.. 

RIGHT?!?! I think it could possibly be 1. ARK Survival Of the Fittest coming to xbone?!?! or 2. A flashy new header for our game menu/start screen?

Cheers~

Hmm... I never thought of that, perhaps it's the reveal of the relaunch of SotF?

8 hours ago, Ank said:

I hope it cannot be tamed. I like a wild dino to be scared to.... It has been one of the best experience, building a little house without paying to much attention to your environment, because you think you're an experienced player and then a rex/giga walks right into your house and you try to open the door while being eaten. Scary....= fun.

Overpowered tames are not fun.....

no its a skin the the bionic rex

40 minutes ago, Arron said:

no its a skin the the bionic rex

Dev's stated (After PC player outrage that we just got a dopey Parasaur saddle skin and xbone got the rex skin) that the rex skin was kind of a "preview" for something that would be available to all platforms.

I think that with Tech Tier we'll be able to craft bionic Dino's. This is a hint that it's coming and the "not the only thing" teaser means there are probably more species of bionic dino's that will be craftable.

Just my two cents.