Metal farming

Kayvoss

Noone has mentioned two things:

1) Outpost! Keep argy + anky there. Bedhop, fill argy / ank and either a) throw in forge you have there or b) store and haul back to base later

2) The Canyon. Great metal farming spot, one of the richest on rag (besides desert metal cave) We have an outpost on a canyon top, bedhop fill forge and bedhop away. Ill come back when I have a few thousand ingots to transport (bonus: stick a transmitter or teleporter here)

For those saying aberration, there's a secret you don't know...

We built near the NE Surface entrance cave.    The cave itself is pretty big, and full of decorative rocks.    Almost nothing ever spawns there, and the (green) area around the cave entrance only gets occasional raptors.

...oh and those "decorative" rocks?    Obscene amounts of metal when you hit them with an anky.     TLDR a 99% safe metal farm that respawns quickly, with a few ramps up to the cave you can easily use a basilisk to transport the metal (it gets too heavy for crabs once you get a good anky).

I am using a newer method anky quetzal and two gasbag remember gasbag weighs almost zero on top of a quetzal so once I reach weight limit on quetzal I transfer metal from anky and place in gasbag which rides on platforms with a gasbag that can hold 12k weight and a quetzal holding 10k I can fill 3 forged or more in one run on ragnarok in redwoods

7 minutes ago, Kingordep said:

I am using a newer method anky quetzal and two gasbag remember gasbag weighs almost zero on top of a quetzal so once I reach weight limit on quetzal I transfer metal from anky and place in gasbag which rides on platforms with a gasbag that can hold 12k weight and a quetzal holding 10k I can fill 3 forged or more in one run on ragnarok in redwoods

6 minutes ago, Kingordep said:

Oh forgot to mention works great for any mat obsidian  wood stone crystal etc

Never heard of much metal farming in Rag redwoods, lots of scattered nodes or what?

Archived