Metal farming

Kayvoss

7 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Ab: Crab+anky in blue zone

Other maps: transmitter/obelisk/drop to transfer to ab to mine metal there

Agreed.  In my opinion, Ab is the best for farming metal.  Crab+anky in blue zone with an industrial forge.  I then move the refined metal to my base in mushroom forest with a Basilisk (Basilisks weight stat is impressive).

If not on Ab, I prefer an Anky with a flock of Argys for carrying raw metal back to base.  This allows you to hop around multiple locations with relative ease.  I once used a Paracer with forges on a platform saddle so that I had a mobile forge, but I became tired of moving him.  He now sits alone in a wayward forest on the Island.

Obviously, in both cases you want an Anky leveled in Melee to increase your yield per metal rock.

I use the Carry Anklyo to the mountain with a Quetz. Mine till Quetz is full and go home.

The BEST way we had, in a previous life was a base on Pillars high enough that they dont interrupt the spawn. Anklyo on a lift down to the ground mine the nodes and back up the lift to the forges. Once the metal is refined you can collect on a Argy. Worked best on the Snow Mountain in the North.

2 minutes ago, Kayvoss said:

Currently, I'm on Ragnarok and I have my base in the plains. As of now, I'm using an anky and an Argy for metal, but its really slow and I don't get much in one run. Any Tips? 

There is a lovely Hidden Metal cave that I used. You have to break the rocks to get in and suddenly it opens up to a motherload.

A breed argy and a breed anky is still the best way for island solo metal gathering. If you have a team then quetz/anky is best for on the island. I have done quetz/anky solo but I think it is better to have the argy to deal with aggressive dinos and it's easier to pick up drop off the anky and move it around.  My island base is by air about 1min from a rich node area and about 3min from the volcano so I can get both spots and be back to base in 20min for 2-6k raw metal, 1-3k ing during the week and double on weekends.

If your on the island, there is crystal hill (has rich metal nodes). It is very near to the south zone one and as long as you have an argent and an anky you can get there easily. Going on foot is dangerous though cuz there are raptors and alphas spawn frequently. It’s good for single player but not pvp. Nothing but pachys and parasaurs spawn on the top of the hill though so the hill itself is safe. You can also easily set up a forge without upsetting the spawns as well. That way u can take twice as much home. (2 metal ore [2lbs] > 1 ingot [1lbs])

2 minutes ago, BlackACE said:

If your on the island, there is crystal hill (has rich metal nodes). It is very near to the south zone one and as long as you have an argent and an anky you can get there easily. Going on foot is dangerous though cuz there are raptors and alphas spawn frequently. It’s good for single player but not pvp. Nothing but pachys and parasaurs spawn on the top of the hill though so the hill itself is safe. You can also easily set up a forge without upsetting the spawns as well. That way u can take twice as much home. (2 metal ore [2lbs] > 1 ingot [1lbs])

Rough estimation coords 80 lat 50 lon

8 hours ago, Kayvoss said:

Currently, I'm on Ragnarok and I have my base in the plains. As of now, I'm using an anky and an Argy for metal, but its really slow and I don't get much in one run. Any Tips? 

On Ragnarok there is a mountain just past the redwoods heading towards the desert. All along these mountains you will find metal and obsidian. 

• 1 month later...

Archived