Majority of OP Dino's come from extinction pay to win DLC

HoboNation

Snow owl mana velon, not to mention mechs and titans all come from there. This is why new ark classic servers are cool, no pay to win in classic pvp yet, untill they add extinction to the cluster which I am hoping they never do :P . Funny thing is I would buy extinction if the dinos werent so OP, but because they feel so pay to win I would feel so dirty and like I'm admitting I'm bad at the game if I go ahead and get extinction for the OP dinos. Literally have been on the steam screen about to buy the DLC, but that voice in my head kept saying oh so now you need OP dinos to win do you, lol noob, and I couldnt let it go down like that.

So I wont purchase extinction while the creatures from extinction feel so sickeningly over powered. If they ever get nerfed to be more balanced and less pay to win then I will buy it and try the map out. Untill then I refuse to be a pay to win gaylord. Wonder if anyone else has felt this way were you dont want to buy a DLC cause the advantage it gives you is too much and takes too much skill and credit away from your character.

14 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Problem is a great number of players play only PVE and don't need the dirt of PVP. Devs should consider this and implement different nerfs and stats for PVP and PVE modes. Different modes, different strategies, different needs must lead to different patches and nerfs for them. It is only logical.

Totally agree with you on that one. different balance is required for PVE and PVP. But I dunno something about WC tells me we shouldnt hold our breathe for something like this to get implemented 

46 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Devs should consider this and implement different nerfs and stats for PVP and PVE modes. Different modes, different strategies, different needs must lead to different patches and nerfs for them. It is only logical.

Beware of what you are asking for. As PvE is generally not challenging enough, Devs would have to nerf a ton of tamed dinos and/or buff wildlife to hopefully make it a little bit harder.

1 hour ago, HoboNation said:

Snow owl mana velon, not to mention mechs and titans all come from there. This is why new ark classic servers are cool, no pay to win in classic pvp yet, untill they add extinction to the cluster which I am hoping they never do :P . Funny thing is I would buy extinction if the dinos werent so OP, but because they feel so pay to win I would feel so dirty and like I'm admitting I'm bad at the game if I go ahead and get extinction for the OP dinos. Literally have been on the steam screen about to buy the DLC, but that voice in my head kept saying oh so now you need OP dinos to win do you, lol noob, and I couldnt let it go down like that.

So I wont purchase extinction while the creatures from extinction feel so sickeningly over powered. If they ever get nerfed to be more balanced and less pay to win then I will buy it and try the map out. Untill then I refuse to be a pay to win gaylord. Wonder if anyone else has felt this way were you dont want to buy a DLC cause the advantage it gives you is too much and takes too much skill and credit away from your character.

That's wonderful. Good job.

Image result for sarcastic thumbs up gif

33 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

I don’t really agree with the OP, it’s ok to complain about balance and all that but your ranting like a child, “I’d buy the game but I would be admitting I am bad”. I do however agree with the person that said there should be differences in stats/abilities etc between pvp and pve because let’s face it they are two different games essentially. So nerfing/buffing anything will always please one and piss off the other. 

Nice twist of my words. That is really not a child like thing to do, you totally arent a hypocrite. 

If we are to go back and have a careful read we will notice that the wording choice used was not "i'd buy the game but I would be admitting I am bad" and conveys a totally different tone and message to what I actually said which was "because they feel so pay to win I would feel so dirty and like I'm admitting I'm bad at the game" Notice how your statement makes it look like I was calling ppl who buy the DLC bad while what I actually said was how it would make me "FEEL" (this being the operative word as it denotes personal opinion and not an outright fact) and in particular make me feel about "MYSELF" not you or anyone else. Nice end of the stick there buddy but it looks like you grabbed the wrong end here ?.

I get you dont have to agree with my opinion, thats why it is a personal opinion I am not calling on you to share it with me, but what I dont agree with is coming on here and twisting people words around to make them appear to have a particular tone and intention that is in fact contrary to what they actually said and meant. That my good fellow is slanderous and scummy and I deplore such behavior. Good day to you.

Pay to win is a interesting concept.

Originally it had different meaning and had nothing to do with expansions.

But back on track, I do have to wonder why there aren't Server Clusters that Only include certain expansions or none at all.

Then you play on the clusters that you choose, and except the consequences.

2 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Snow owl mana velon, not to mention mechs and titans all come from there.

Which makes perfect sense if you think about it for 2 minutes. This game does not use subscriptions, it does not use microtransactions, they make their money by people buying the new expansions when they're added. You can look at any game on the market that uses expansions to make money and they all do the same thing, the newest expansions always offer incentives for people to play them. If you don't like that model then you should play a game with subscriptions or microtransactions.

And I'm not even saying you're wrong, if you prefer subscriptions or microtransactions then more power to you, but you shouldn't complain about WildCard adding incentives for people to buy the newest expansion, they'd be dumb not to.

4 hours ago, Soldier905 said:

considering you dont even need to own extinction to use extinction stuff there isnt really a pay wall . You can buy stuff cross server for materials etc for the dinos/blueprints you want/need then just breed the dinos .

This.

I dont know how many times I have to repeat it on these forums.. DLC are not p2w. Nothing is locked behind a pay wall except the map itsself.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

This.

I dont know how many times I have to repeat it on these forums.. DLC are not p2w. Nothing is locked behind a pay wall except the map itsself.

And unfortunately, people like the OP thinks otherwise.

Nothing can change their twisted mind thinking they are p2w, regardless of how you debate. Its their opinion, not ours.

11 hours ago, Sphere said:

Nothing is free. Not even oxygen anymore, damn governments found a way to tax that. Carbon tax my rear end. Cows fart, so let's tax our food even more. Stupidity at it's finest.

If you want the extra content but can't afford it, ask a friend for help, or maybe consider waiting for a sale.

Yah though your first part is kinda wrong you ar right about the sale part I have all dlc content and have spent about $60 on the game intotal it's not that hard to get the dlc and you can get those dinos other ways and I bought the dlc not to get any pay to win stuff (played solo official pvp) I bought it cause I enjoy the game ark is actually a fun game so why not make it the most fun possible

Well if enough of you feel otherwise then fair enough. Not traditional pay to win I will admit. Perhaps I shouldve been a bit more clear here also, I have no problem with additional content and new maps and having those be paid features, like I said it isnt at all that I dont want to pay for new content, I'm happy to support games that I enjoy. 

My biggest criticism over how WC handled this with their DLC's had more to do with cross transfer than the new content. You see new content is great and sure make the new stuff stronger than the old stuff, but then when you allow the new stuff to compete with the old stuff you create a shady situation whereby you are incentivising people to buy the product using the potential to transfer and have an advantage over those that cant. That is part which is shady to me. It's like imagine if red alert 2 could  cross play with red alert one with the players who have red alert 2 to dominate those that don't, see I have no problem with their being a red alert 2 in fact I really enjoy that they made more content, similarly like ark, but then using the feature of cross transfer to incentivise people to buy the DLC, kind of like well if you want to have an even playing field with these players then buy the DLC wink wink nudge nudge. 

This is why I am enjoying the idea of classic pvp as it give players an option to not have to play with extinction servers, I mean if that was just an option then I would have no issue at all, I know people will say go unnofficial but lets be honest official servers are usually where the party is at. 

So anybody who assumed I am crying that extinction dinos are strong and oh I'm too cheap to buy the DLC and just want things for free, you are severely mistaken. I just dont like it when games companies sell additional content by making it stronger than their previous content and then allowing those 2 different products to compete with each, thus almost directly holding the one above the other and saying well if you want to own these noobs on vanilla then just "take a look at my wares" (opens trench coat) 

Now if you are going to have the products be able to compete then by all means add new content, but atleast try to balance it so it doesnt feel so dam dirty and shady. Imagine if extinction had it's own entire set of unique creatures, like its own version of a parasaur, argetn etc. instead of having like 5 extra dinos that can just do everything and end up making half the dinos in vanilla irrelevant. I mean the dung beetles only job is fertilizer right, like thats all it does. Then you have the snow owl which on top of heal, heat seek, freeze also just poops out ready made fertilizer (snow owl pellets) just because reasons. So not only does it do the one thing that dung beetles do but it does all this other stuff on top of that. See thats my issue here. I am happy to have new content, but why make that content basically nullify majority of the vanilla content and then allow that new content to compete with and allow players to totally mess up those that dont.

Imagine if flying cars become a thing, but then racing events still allow the flying cars to compete with normal cars for official events, would be unfair and a cheap attempt at forcing all drivers to buy flying cars, the whole well if you want to compete you gotta buy this. There is a reason you have seperate events for bicycle racing and motorbike racing. That was all I was saying.

I hope this clear things up a bit. tl;dr I dislike the use of extra stronger content as a marketing tool to sell your game as players cant compete as effectively without it. If you want the new content to be crazy OP then atleast give others the option to not have to compete with that stuff and just play vanilla. 

Archived