Is Giganotosaurus worth taming?

StarMerc89

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, Soldier905 said:

No it isnt , gigas can turn on your own base due to enrage which helps the raiders , ive seen this alot of times .

Not true , Have you ever encountered a several generation rex or theri that has been breed tons of times ? they can beat even wild gigas if you got a good saddle on them . I once seen a 400+ rex that killed gigas with ease and had well over 150k hp which i dont see often on bred gigas.

So with that said gigas are not worth it since they nerfed them awhile back.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Rage meter has been drastically, reduced and its very hard to rage a giga now.

I will eat a rex any day with a giga. you can back up and bite and the rex will never touch you. Tamed giga > Bred rex any day expecially for pve.

2 hours ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Rage meter has been drastically, reduced and its very hard to rage a giga now.

I will eat a rex any day with a giga. you can back up and bite and the rex will never touch you. Tamed giga > Bred rex any day expecially for pve.

You must have never encountered a "god "rex or theri then as they can tear up a tamed giga with ease . They range from 150k-200k+ hp and 2500-4000 melee or better . Ive been around alot longer than you have and seen these first hand , even had it occur a few months ago  so you obviously are just spouting off nonsense.

1 hour ago, Soldier905 said:

You must have never encountered a "god "rex or theri then as they can tear up a tamed giga with ease . They range from 150k-200k+ hp and 2500-4000 melee or better . Ive been around alot longer than you have and seen these first hand , even had it occur a few months ago  so you obviously are just spouting off nonsense.

I been here since center dropped. There is no theris with 4k melee unless you are on unofficial. 150k rex has no levels pumped into melee. 

Try again, only peasants ride theri's and rex's. Dont @ me

Rexs are trash for pvp, Theri's get plant Yd or Plant Zd. 

Please stop

On 4/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

Giganotosaurus is dino with the best tamed stats, after titans and titanosaurus. But considering the fact, that its very hard to tame, especially in SP, and a wild one still has much better stats and a bleeding effect, i think its not really worth it.

For me its actually useless. I play alone and dont breed things very often, that means a meat run with an Allo or a Rex is good enough. And if I want to travel from point A to point B, I use an Argy, an Allo, a Carno, a Sabertooth, a Bary,... There are much better alternatives than a Giga. If there is an Alpha predator i kill it or leave it, depending on the predator. An Alpha Raptor or Alpha Carno i can kill easily with my Argy. I leave the Rexes, because they are 1. too strong and 2. only are spawning at Carno Island at the moment and i dont need equipment. If i want to kill them, i lure them into the water and kill the with my dunkleo.

Correction. Wild giga has better stats on health only compared to tamed one. Melee also in case you dont have bred one with 300% melee or more.

YES !!! Gigas are definitely worth taming. Once. Then never do it again. ;)

Unless you want to breed them from scratch yourself, in which case you'll need to find & tame two... which isn't a bad idea if you are up to the work and want to have that experience. 

Seriously though... they are a lot of work, even just to solo tame. But if someone wanted to gain that experience I would recommend going for it. 

Yes, you could buy a Giga. You could also run your own server and just admin one into existence. But frankly, I think the experience is worth it.

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

My Rex eats them with ease on offical ;)ofc my stats after lvl up are 105k hp 2200melee with a 124 armor saddle 100%imprinted

The saddle probably makes a huge difference. The other day I sent a 105k Rex with 1100 melee damage (100% imprinted) up against a wild Giga and the Rex carved about 40k off the Giga before dying. It had no saddle and half the melee damage stat yours does. (Non-official server)

19 hours ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

I been here since center dropped. There is no theris with 4k melee unless you are on unofficial. 150k rex has no levels pumped into melee. 

Please stop

Actually there is on Legacy. There was loads of em on PC aswell. If you remember the bldx / chem bench days they had glitch duped rexs with such stats.

Its from corrupt GMs + born wild glitches. 

That being said,you wont really run into these on new cluster.. but you will run into rexs that are born 25k+ hp 700+ melee which can easily level to 75k / 2000+. They would give your giga a run for its' money but its a double edged blade because gigas have also been mutated lots.

So yeah. There is truth to his claims but maybe its a tad exaggerated and old comparisons

21 hours ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Please stop

All of my information comes from official network not unofficial . You also obviously never been in a mega tribe either as they breed war rexes and theris that eat gigas for lunch. Remember , just because you never experienced it doesnt mean it doesnt exist...

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Actually there is on Legacy. There was loads of em on PC aswell. If you remember the bldx / chem bench days they had glitch duped rexs with such stats.

Its from corrupt GMs + born wild glitches. 

That being said,you wont really run into these on new cluster.. but you will run into rexs that are born 25k+ hp 700+ melee which can easily level to 75k / 2000+. They would give your giga a run for its' money but its a double edged blade because gigas have also been mutated lots.

So yeah. There is truth to his claims but maybe its a tad exaggerated and old comparisons

I have no idea where they came from on legacy but ive seen theris and rexes with a ton of mutations which got it that far .   As for new officials the best rex i seen was last year which is far outdated by now and wasn't even their best @ 31.8k hp, 1018 melee , 2130 stam for fairly fresh rex which was basically one of their fodder/war rexes back in 2018 so their most likely alot better now .

As for the corrupt gms i reported one i found in ticket system only for them to close the ticket ...

1 hour ago, Soldier905 said:

All of my information comes from official network not unofficial . You also obviously never been in a mega tribe either as they breed war rexes and theris that eat gigas for lunch. Remember , just because you never experienced it doesnt mean it doesnt exist...

You don't know me so stop trying to guess. Been in Alpha Trolls, Supremacy, No pants, Django, and now 60 Gang. Been at the top my whole ark career, fattest bases, best tames.

Nobody rides theri's or Rex's. Like I said, and I stand by what I said. Only PEASANTS ride Their's or Rex's. Look up any large scale pvp and nobody is on either of those tames.

Because

A. The ground is Plant Y'd (Or your get plant z'd of the theri"

B.Rexes don't do enough DPS even max level with 100 percent imp with a yuti boost.

C. Because Meks, Basilisks, Box Quetzels, Reapers, Gigas are all better then the latter.

Please show me a clip of you on a rex killing anything. I literally can flame thrower the person of a rex before it kills me.

Like I said, we can do this all day.

ONLY PEASANTS RIDE REXS OR THERI"S DONT @ ME

1 hour ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

You don't know me so stop trying to guess. Been in Alpha Trolls, Supremacy, No pants, Django, and now 60 Gang. Been at the top my whole ark career, fattest bases, best tames.

Nobody rides theri's or Rex's. Like I said, and I stand by what I said. Only PEASANTS ride Their's or Rex's. Look up any large scale pvp and nobody is on either of those tames.

Because

A. The ground is Plant Y'd (Or your get plant z'd of the theri"

B.Rexes don't do enough DPS even max level with 100 percent imp with a yuti boost.

C. Because Meks, Basilisks, Box Quetzels, Reapers, Gigas are all better then the latter.

Please show me a clip of you on a rex killing anything. I literally can flame thrower the person of a rex before it kills me.

Like I said, we can do this all day.

ONLY PEASANTS RIDE REXS OR THERI"S DONT @ ME

Guess you know everything lol , ive been in one of the biggest megas in ark which use them but according to you your all knowing so its futile trying to explain it .

Archived