Is Giganotosaurus worth taming?

StarMerc89

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giganotosaurus is dino with the best tamed stats, after titans and titanosaurus. But considering the fact, that its very hard to tame, especially in SP, and a wild one still has much better stats and a bleeding effect, i think its not really worth it.

For me its actually useless. I play alone and dont breed things very often, that means a meat run with an Allo or a Rex is good enough. And if I want to travel from point A to point B, I use an Argy, an Allo, a Carno, a Sabertooth, a Bary,... There are much better alternatives than a Giga. If there is an Alpha predator i kill it or leave it, depending on the predator. An Alpha Raptor or Alpha Carno i can kill easily with my Argy. I leave the Rexes, because they are 1. too strong and 2. only are spawning at Carno Island at the moment and i dont need equipment. If i want to kill them, i lure them into the water and kill the with my dunkleo.

Great to have for meat runs but if you don't have tek troughs I would not recommend rasing them. Me and the missus both have full time jobs but thanks to tek troughs being a trough and a fridge I only have to check the troughs once a day for 4 gigas. If we didn't have the troughs we wouldn't  bother at all and just trade for them. So no tek then just tame and trade for them. 

Its an the best carnivore in the game in my opinion. Amazing for meat runs, OSDs, veins etc. I would recommend getting an egg from someone you trust if possible, since bred ones are far better than wild tames, i.e you might get 300% damage from a wild giga, whilst someone else has a bred giga that is born with 450%dmg which goes well over 700% after lvling

No, don't tame. Save up materials and buy one from the forums. It is not worth it to raise weak ones from scratch (given the absurd maturation time). Better buy straight a beast with 450+ base melee and raise it with full imprint. On Extinction they are a must for OSD's. They also make some cave runs easy and definitely are great for meat runs (comparable only to high melee Therizino and Basilisks).

1 hour ago, WoLoW said:

No its the worst thing. An lvl 80 wild giga has got 80k hp and whtn it tames it goes down to 15k or less... :(

And despite that it outdamages almost all other tamed creatures and still remains an engine of war. It's a great creature, especially if you can raise a good one and get an upgraded saddle. You can solo wild Gigas with one, especially with help from a tamed Yuty or Daeodon. 

20 hours ago, F44 said:

It's good to have dinosaurs such as the giganotosaurus to defend your base from raiders.

No it isnt , gigas can turn on your own base due to enrage which helps the raiders , ive seen this alot of times .

22 hours ago, jansenv said:

Gigas are one of the best tames, no question!!

Not true , Have you ever encountered a several generation rex or theri that has been breed tons of times ? they can beat even wild gigas if you got a good saddle on them . I once seen a 400+ rex that killed gigas with ease and had well over 150k hp which i dont see often on bred gigas.

So with that said gigas are not worth it since they nerfed them awhile back.

3 hours ago, Soldier905 said:

No it isnt , gigas can turn on your own base due to enrage which helps the raiders , ive seen this alot of times .

Not true , Have you ever encountered a several generation rex or theri that has been breed tons of times ? they can beat even wild gigas if you got a good saddle on them . I once seen a 400+ rex that killed gigas with ease and had well over 150k hp which i dont see often on bred gigas.

So with that said gigas are not worth it since they nerfed them awhile back.

Your average new player will have better results from a giga than a rex or theri. Sure after 3 years of mutation the rex might be stronger.

Archived