Adding Aberration Dinos to Ragnarok Game ini. files not working. Help

TheKyle1991

ON PS4

Hello there, I am recently back to ARK after some time away (couple of years). Extremely excited about all of the new content! I have decided to run my own Ragnarok server for a few friends and myself, nearly "legit" or official settings with the exception of Tame Speeds and Baby Mature Rates due to all of us having full time jobs, wifes, kids, dogs, etc. With that said I am very new to editing the ini. files on Nitrado (expert settings) so please go easy on me.

As a group we all decided that Ragnarok is the best map for us due to its immense size and covering most if not all biomes. However after playing a bit on Aberration (both official and single player) we all really want to add a few dinos from Aberration to Ragnarok (Karkinos and Ravager). I have successfully gotten the saddle engrams to auto learn at their respective levels and changed the resource requirements of the saddles to not include gems or fungal wood (not found on ragnarok). Leading to the problem, I cannot, for the life of me get the actual creatures to spawn into the damn map. Below are the inserts i am using if anyone could advise me as to why it is not working it would be immensely appreciated.

For Karkinos:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Rag_DinoSpawnEntries_CenterWater_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Crabby",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Crab_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Crab_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

For Ravager: (2 separate spawn locations)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Rag_DinoSpawnEntries_Center_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Ravager",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CaveWolf_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CaveWolf_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Ragnarok_SpawnEntries_Scotland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Ravager",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CaveWolf_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CaveWolf_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

These are of course one single ugly line of code which ARK seems to prefer. Do your thing friends help me out please. Once again ON PS4

5 hours ago, TheKyle1991 said:

ON PS4

Hello there, I am recently back to ARK after some time away (couple of years). Extremely excited about all of the new content! I have decided to run my own Ragnarok server for a few friends and myself, nearly "legit" or official settings with the exception of Tame Speeds and Baby Mature Rates due to all of us having full time jobs, wifes, kids, dogs, etc. With that said I am very new to editing the ini. files on Nitrado (expert settings) so please go easy on me.

As a group we all decided that Ragnarok is the best map for us due to its immense size and covering most if not all biomes. However after playing a bit on Aberration (both official and single player) we all really want to add a few dinos from Aberration to Ragnarok (Karkinos and Ravager). I have successfully gotten the saddle engrams to auto learn at their respective levels and changed the resource requirements of the saddles to not include gems or fungal wood (not found on ragnarok). Leading to the problem, I cannot, for the life of me get the actual creatures to spawn into the damn map. Below are the inserts i am using if anyone could advise me as to why it is not working it would be immensely appreciated.

For Karkinos:

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Rag_DinoSpawnEntries_CenterWater_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Crabby",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Crab_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Crab_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

For Ravager: (2 separate spawn locations)

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Rag_DinoSpawnEntries_Center_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Ravager",EntryWeight=0.1,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CaveWolf_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CaveWolf_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="Ragnarok_SpawnEntries_Scotland_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Ravager",EntryWeight=0.02,NPCsToSpawnStrings=("CaveWolf_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="CaveWolf_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

These are of course one single ugly line of code which ARK seems to prefer. Do your thing friends help me out please. Once again ON PS4

Remove the _c from the spawn entries and then perform a wild dino wipe.

9 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Remove the _c from the spawn entries and then perform a wild dino wipe.

Alright so i just tried this, removed the _C from all three of the SpawnEntries. logged in performed a destroywilddinos wipe (watched several dinos disappear to be sure). Then flew through all of the central canyons and even flew all the way out to the scotland area and still nothing. I Appreciate the speedy response Salty, any other ides or maybe something i have done wrong.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, TheKyle1991 said:

Got it! The spawn entries i used were from before rag was an official server they have since changed. Found some accurate spawn entries and BAM it worked! Thanks!

Hi there, can you share the ini lines, so far I got a few bulbs to spawn but thats it, my ini is similar to the above, I gave up until saw this thread, ps4 nitrado here.

Archived