What's your favorite raid technique

Jteamthegod1

I have a few. Most of these are fairly cheap methods that are viable for smaller tribes.

The first and my favourite is raiding on foot and working out where a bases weaknesses are and in particular if it has any turret blind spots which you can exploit.  Its quite fun and for instance with some turrets (particularly indoor ones) you have to have your team mate poke his head around the corner to 'agro' the turret ie make it face his way then you throw your grenade at it to remove it before it can swing back to you.

Related to this is using the tribes own dinos to block their own defences. I've raided many bases just by luring their Bronto and other large dinos in front of the turrets that I needed to get past.

Finally using Paracers and Rafts to create custom raid vehicles. With the Paracer you can cover it in a lot of armor and also add in a little box for someone with explosives to sit in. Then all you simply do is run up to their turrets and the guy in the box would open his window and toss out grenades to clear the turrets. The Paracer has enough health that you can do this and then retreat out of turret range without ever getting too low on health.

With the raft you could use it similarly to raid bases on the water especially if they have overhanging turrets. You simply make a raft out of wood and have hatch frames and trap doors to the roof of the raft. Then sail the boat under their turrets and simply toss grenades upwards to delete turrets.

Or if the enemy is really dumb and has built right on the water you can ram their base with a raft that has a long nose and a front door on it, place C4 on their walls and then move away and then detonate it when your out of explosive range. This allows you to for instance to enter their base even if there are 100 turrets surrounding it on the outside since your raft provides a sort of safe tunnel to enter it.

I think raiding on foot is kind of cheesy, honestly. Even if you have a good base, foot raiders will eventually get in unless you have turrets EVERYWHERE to where they cannot move. (Looking at you, 100 turret limit)

Just get ascendant flak, a mug of beer like you’re Popeye the sailor, and 200% movement speed. All of a sudden you’re able to withstand fking rifle bullets hitting your jellymass body from every direction.

We totally wiped this tribe for disturbing server peace, they were big for only 3 people but we bronto raided/manag their tames. About 3 hours later they came on alternate accounts purely to troll us.

They must have had a vault somewhere full of stuff because i had to have killed these noobs a dozen times apiece. And every time i looted their body, full body asc flak, 3 beers, 100 med brews, asc compound bows with flames, 30 c4 basically made me rich. The armor was made by a THIRD tribe so these guys put far too much effort into this.

But, I logged off because i actually have a career at 8am to 5pm. They definitely broke in about 11 minutes later, according to my log. If i wasn’t playing on ORP i would have been fully raided for sure. I joined the party later after work and they taunted me for being a “quitter”. Of course they were squeakers who probably haven’t kissed a girl yet. I heard him yell to his mom in the background.

The worst enemy is one who doesn’t have a base to hit.

So the point is, raid like those guys did. You’ll be able to hit most bases short of the alpha. It’s not effective to wipe with but keep trying and eventually you’ll get in through sheer persistence. For me it would take 1 or 2 tries. But i personally only raid if you aggravate the server i’m on.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, Oldster said:

I prefer the sneaky stuff; hiding in a bush and sneaking right in their front door as they leave, painting dodos on their walls.

I'd love to see a bow spear and raptor raid on a large wooden village.

Back in 2015 in the early days of the game most bases were wooden and there was actually quite a lot of raiding using what today would be considered crap dinos and noob/cheap weapons. Was good fun.

Archived