Dino Stats Question

DeHammer

I have read in several places related to breeding that basically the level of the dino relates directly to the stats points distribution, and that two dinos of the same type at level 1, will have the same stats. Then as levels are added, stats increase through a form of random distribution, but that those increases still relate directly to the level of the dino. For instance at level 2, those same two dinos will still have the same level, and the still have the same overall # of stats points, but likely distributed slightly differently. As the levels grow, the distribution then varies more as those equal # of stats points are distributed differently. This is what I've read. 

However, the more I study the stats of newly hatched or tamed dinos, I start to question those ideas. 

For instance.... here are two level 145 Griffins that each tamed out to level 216. No points have been applied to either. But one is clearly superior in many stats. Can anyone please explain what's actually going on with respect to dino stats and level points distribution? In this particular case, it seems like if you were to boil down these two griffin's levels & stats point distributions, all things are not equal. It seems like one of them would still have stronger base stats, even if both were 'retro-reduced' to level 1. 

One of the Griffins has a clear advantage in four stats, but lacks 30 oxygen points. 

Griffin_001_Maximillian.JPG

Griffin_002_Talon.JPG

Since levels add different amounts (per level) to different stats, you need a taming calculator to measure how many levels each stat got. There used to be one on Ark.gamepedia.com (each dino's page), but many ppl use a different mobile tool, I forget the name. Dododex has one here - https://www.dododex.com/stat-calculator but it's only for wild creatures before tame (when KO'd).

I know some people do before and after tame comparisons to see where the levels went, but I dunno the tool for after-tame.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

The lesser Griffin got a good chunk of its' stats towards hidden speed stat

@d1nk Ah, so this is something new to me... what's the 'hidden' speed stat about? Is it a different stat than 'movement speed' that doesn't show, or does it just mean the points went toward 'movement speed' but ended up wasted for some reason (as 'movement speed' seems to be static among them all)?

53 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

@d1nk Ah, s this is something new to me... what's the 'hidden' speed stat about? Is it a different stat than 'movement speed' that doesn't show, or does it just mean the points went toward 'movement speed' but ended up wasted for some reason (as 'movement speed' seems to be static among them all)?

dimo.thumb.PNG.346ee884dbf7f70d31e18ca98077da20.PNG

This is what he meant. These two dimos have different levels into movement speed, which means, one of them would be faster. But they are flying creatures and movement speed doesnt increase like it should be. Now, both of them have a movement speed of 100%. Every creature has a fixed amount of movement speed, when it is tamed, regardless of the levels it got into movement speed.

That means, that theoratically a creature could get all levels into movement speed and still has an outcoming movement speed of 100%, while its other stats are crap.

3 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

But they are flying creatures and movement speed doesnt increase like it should be.

Wild level that dinos spend on movement speed are considered "wasted" because WC set increase-per-wild-level in speed to 0 for ALL dinos.

Flyers that have their speed stat locked from leveling do not spend wild points in it and end up having higher average stat points distribution in the rest of stats compared to other species.

Archived