Passive Taming

MackTheKnife

So last night while coming back from taming an angler, i spyglassed a 150 female basilo. Previously i had a level 20 tamed but it was pretty powerful so i could only imagine a 150 kibble tame leveled up.

20 minutes through everything was going fine, i had a max Baryonyx and killed everything within a 1 mile radius so i wouldn’t be interrupted. I stsrted taming the whale and after 80%, it reset back to 7%. So i wasted all of that kibble as a solo guy, that took me a few weeks for eggs.

I can’t understand why it’s bar reset. The occasional manta followed the whale and i killed them but everything was fine, it was still almost complete but once i fed it again, reset to 7%. Maybe i accidentally hit the whale with the tale swipe? A bee is the only passive i’ve done so i don’t know the rules.

If damage resets it then idk, lone mantas kept hovering and i had to get them off somehow. 

5 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Kept exceptional kibble in my last slot the entire time, i think i’ll just buy my water tames because i hate the ocean 

Couple things you can do for straggler Manta's. 

You can park bary on passive a bit away, swim in fast, feed Basil's and dip. The Manta's will follow you back to the Bary, safe distance from Basil's. Easy stun kills.

You can shoot them with a crossbow from the back of your Bary.

You can also find a lone Manta near by. Kill it and every Manta in 20 foundations will come to you including the stragglers near the Basil.

Those are all the method's I have used.

Archived