Bugged Crossbow Mesh/Model

Roachbugg

Has anyone encountered a bug with the Crossbow having a missing/bugged mesh/texture? What I mean is it look like a loose collection of polygons in a somewhat crossbow shaped manner. The Arms are there but only half the string a really funked up arrow and the entire receiver is just a mess of polygons. It's just the crossbow that has this problem. Everything else works fine. 

I don't know if It's GPU driver issue or something I'm Running on an RX570 but it seems so bizarre that it's just this one item. Everything else from the simple spear to the Tek rifle is just fine.

If anyone has managed to fix this please let me know I've Tried everything from validating game files to resolution reset every possible combination of graphics settings nothing seems to help. It's hard to play the game when a weapon you are going to need either for fighting or just utility for practically the entire game makes you sick to your stomach to look at xD The only thing I haven't tried in a full reinstall but I'm loathed to do that Ark is a massive game and I'd rather not wait 6-8 hours for it to download with my connection D:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, KarafloFlamingo said:

I had the same problem with the crossbow and enabling high quality materials fixed it for me

It was fixed in yesterday's update based on the patch notes:

On 11/30/2018 at 12:02 AM, StudioWildcard said:

Current Version: v298.41 - 9/18/19

• Fixed instances where stone pick and crossbow remained in lower resolution when starting the game in "extreme low memory mode"

• 2 months later...

Sweet, now I must get myself to stop playing the Windows version from Lutris which works like a bomb. I don't know why ARK is compiled differently for Linux, but it sure as hell seems to be. The Windows version is so much better. Also, there are keyboard shortcuts for group whistles (nothing in the Linux version) and I don't know what else.

Archived