Favorite creature

Jteamthegod1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argentavis, They look pretty badass and probably make the biggest difference in progression, the moment you tame you first argent life gets a heck of a lot easier. Mobility, decent carry weight to transport materials. High hp and damage to use as a war mount, being able to pick up medium sized dinos for easier taming/transport and also resource farming (i.e. picking up and anky and going to farm metal) Admittedly I go a bit over board at times and just want to tame a whole flock of them but just having a few decent stat argents is always such a big game changer in early game.

A close second for me is the Dimorphodon, I really like the potential of these little guys, maybe not all that great alone but in mass they are a force to be reckoned with, Having a swarm of flying creatures can be very powerful. It's also really cool having a flyer that you can up move speed on. One of my favourite things to do is tame a good 20 dimorphos, span their levels into move speed and damage and then setup a defense tower to dispense them. You put a dino in the center like a parasaur or something and have all the dimorphos on follow that dino so they will always return to it, you lock the parasaur inside so it cant run out, then put dimorphos on aggressive and watch as anything that gets close enough gets shredded by a mass of wings and teeth before they all fly back into the tower to safety. Truly a sight to behold.

2 hours ago, HoboNation said:

A close second for me is the Dimorphodon, I really like the potential of these little guys, maybe not all that great alone but in mass they are a force to be reckoned with, Having a swarm of flying creatures can be very powerful. It's also really cool having a flyer that you can up move speed on. One of my favourite things to do is tame a good 20 dimorphos, span their levels into move speed and damage and then setup a defense tower to dispense them. You put a dino in the center like a parasaur or something and have all the dimorphos on follow that dino so they will always return to it, you lock the parasaur inside so it cant run out, then put dimorphos on aggressive and watch as anything that gets close enough gets shredded by a mass of wings and teeth before they all fly back into the tower to safety. Truly a sight to behold.

One of my Ex-Tribe mates had 50 Dimorph's which he used as a swarm.  I have a screenshot somewhere of them taking down the DodoRex. 

Argy is one of my Fav but personally I still love the Trike. A high level Trike is great and I tend to take them up the mountain to get ore. Usually I have 2 very high level Trikes and an Anklyo. The Trikes push back is great against larger predators and if you riding one you can usually take care of yourself. Also their area attack helps with Sabers etc.  

Thylacoleo. Great versatile mount, great for traversing terrain and good at combat. Really cant go wrong with them. 

Basilosaurus, just because I love cetaceans so much and its the only one in game. Great water tame too especially with its cnidaria and eel resistance. 

Feel like a special mention for the equus, since I have recently started a new play through on Ragnarok. Great early tame, fast moving, can defend itself to a point and great for gathering berries and making narcotics.

They get outclassed quickly, but I always tame a couple of Parasaurs as early as I can. I can't count how many times they have saved my but in early game before I plop a base down anywhere. After that I love a saber or wolf. Flier are great and super useful, but I would rather explore on land and get myself into predicaments because who doesn't love the instant heart attack when an alpha raptor pops up out of nowhere or you run right into a theri without warning.

You Know where the Arge's are great and you can really bread some fantastic colors out of them, not to mention they are a fly mount! I'd have to say my favorite creature is found on the Island map and its the saber tooth's! They have incredible speed and dish out one hell of a swing. Using them in PvP is always great. the way they sit so low to the ground makes it look like it's just you trying to lour someone from a base! Give the attack command and they are on the targeted player in a second! This makes this animal a friendly companion in the PvP world in my opinion.

Spino 

Get a decent one, 100% imprint it and then just smile for days. 

Doesn't gather as much meat, but gets the prime home a lot faster than a Rex. When you've forgot to put your armour on and you side swipe a Dimophrodon you can kill a flock of them before they get you. It swims like a fish and has excellent oxygen to stay down for longer. It's one of the most manoeuvrable dinos due to its rear leg stance so straight line parking is easy. Fast as hell on land, then take it for a splash and watch the turbo kick in. 

There's no where that this dino doesn't feel at home. 

Baryonyx. 

Its perfect for every situation.

Wanna do some water exploring? Get a Bary.

Wanna do some caves? Get a Bary.

Wanna do some underwater caves? Get a better creature. A Bary has too much value.

Wanna do some land exploring? Get a Bary. 

Wanna do some taming? Get a Bary, because it doesnt eat raw meat. And you can shoot from its back.

Wanna do some breeding? Try Baries. They are dope with full imprint.

1. velanosaur: having a living turret is beast

2. thylacoleo: ninja cat is the best

3. managarmer: freakin ice beams

4. rexes: still the opest thing in the game

5. owl: heal, divebomb and heat vision, great taming mount

6. argent: great utility dino

7. kentro: the best things for early OSD

8. anky: best metal gatherer

9. deodic: blue one always sonic

10. beaver: great for wood

11: rockdrake: great for stealth

12: reaper: reminds me of aliens