HELP! Ark textures destroyed!!!

baitcastrepeat

HELP fellow survivors!! 

My ark textures are all messed up, the textures on Dinos, plants and rocks are fine but the ground textures are awful. Anywhere with sand is just this dead flat grass texture (looks like burnt dead grass) and everywhere that is supposed to have snow, grass or dirt ( the highlands of raganarock, the redwood grounds and the winter biome) also just has this dead grass texture. It is a flat texture, not 3D, so in some places the rocks and trees look as if they are floating above the ground. Also when you break a rock or tree, or pucks bush, instead of falling over, vanishing or dissolving they freeze and get a blocky choppy look. The main problem is the ground textures, as this makes the game look awful and its hard to tell the biomes apart. 

I am playing Ark on a MacOS Mojave and here are my settings:

Here are my settings:

Resolution: 1280 X 800

Resolution scale: Full

Sky quality: I have this turned all the way down

Everything else: Medium  

All the settings with check boxes are all turned off except for the bottom 4:

Color grading: on

Light bloom: on

Light shafts: on 

Low quality streaming: on 

I got these settings from Mac Gamer HQ, they said these were good settings for a MacOS Mojave but maybe I'm missing something? their textures were fine in the pics. 

Here is a pic of the texture that Is on all the ground despite what time it is:

807024853_ScreenShot2019-04-04at8_13_45PM.thumb.png.d8b487f957164ae271e1f2d33973aff6.png

ANY help is Needed so if you have a suggestion please help me out!! 

Thanks,

Baitcastrepeat

Try the basics,  such as changing resolutions (to see if there is a difference), update drivers or even try previous versions of drivers for your video card if needed.  See if the textures are working on single player instead of multi player.  Sometimes my graphics are bland and then out of nowhere they just get better.  Reinstall the game if you have to (last resort), I know it's a big game but shouldn't take more than an hour or two.  Try online graphics diagnostics (website not application) or even try putting in a support ticket if nothing is working.

10 hours ago, 3dglvr said:

Try the basics,  such as changing resolutions (to see if there is a difference), update drivers or even try previous versions of drivers for your video card if needed.  See if the textures are working on single player instead of multi player.  Sometimes my graphics are bland and then out of nowhere they just get better.  Reinstall the game if you have to (last resort), I know it's a big game but shouldn't take more than an hour or two.  Try online graphics diagnostics (website not application) or even try putting in a support ticket if nothing is working.

I have been playing only on single player, do you think I should try the graphics on a server? Thanks for the tips! I will try them out and hopefully something works!

Thanks,

Baitcastrepeat

Instead of reinstalling the game, try to verify the game files from Steam. You'd right-click on ARK in your library, select "Properties", then click on the "Local Files" tab, and finally click "Verify integrity of game files". It will take a while (though not as long as reinstalling would), but in the end, if all goes well, Steam should finish by saying only two files will need to be redownloaded (which happens all the time, not to worry). If it redownloads more than two files, then there was some sort of corruption.

UPDATE 

I tried verifying the files from steam and it had to very and repair one file. not sure if this will do anything about the graphics but it seems to have made the game smoother.

Im beginning to think it might just be that my computers graphic card cannot run the graphics very well. has anyone played ark on MacOS? can a "stock" MacOS Mojave run the graphics on ark?

Thanks,

Baitcastrepeat

According to the About This Mac:

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel core i5

Memory:  8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4 GB 

Not sure if that's the info you requested? 

Anything other info? If so where would I find it? (its a new computer so I'm not super familiar with it yet) 

Thanks,

Baitcastrepeat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived