Is the Giga Rage mechanic still needed?

YamiJustin

When the Giga was first released it was ridiculously OP, it did what like 1200 damage in the wild and when tamed it did like 600? And it had like 40,000 HP after time or more! But to balance that out they had the rage mechanic. 

But after years of nerfs, it's not even close to how it was tamed like it was in 2016/2017. Is the rage still justified?

I would think it should be ditched since it's so much weaker than back in the day

Gigas are still the most powerful non extinction titan tames.  They are still op in a way but with the reduction to rage likelihood recently i doubt ill ever even see my giga rage so it is kinda worthless.  And the current lvl of op that the giga has seems balanced for what it is, the ultimate end game land dino, so i dont see the need for the rage as a nerf.  I do see it being an effective buff tho since a raging giga u whistled into a base would be devastating, just b sure to hide in a hole for awhile XD 

I don't really this design philosophy that states that one dino should be better then all the rest. It encourages players to narrow down what dinos they use and as a result reduces the variety seen in combat. Anything that makes these kind of dinos weaker is good in my books, so I don't see why they should reduce the rage mechanic.

On my SP I have a a few giggas,  pretty low levels when they were tamed, I bred out a few babies, so I would not have to tame another gigga.   My main breeding / large dino storage base on island is on weather top.  when I go on meat runs I take my pair of giggas off the front cliff.  I have done it 100 or more times.  I have never had any of my giggas rage.  I was unaware of the rage effect when I started doing this.   Is the rage mechanic still in effect? 

8 minutes ago, Phishfry said:

On my SP I have a a few giggas,  pretty low levels when they were tamed, I bred out a few babies, so I would not have to tame another gigga.   My main breeding / large dino storage base on island is on weather top.  when I go on meat runs I take my pair of giggas off the front cliff.  I have done it 100 or more times.  I have never had any of my giggas rage.  I was unaware of the rage effect when I started doing this.   Is the rage mechanic still in effect? 

It is not triggered by fall damage anymore. Try biting a kentro if you want to see it happen :P

Archived