Crystal Isles

kambronbryce04

3 hours ago, kambronbryce04 said:

Is Crystal Isles going to come out on official for consoles?

Given the fact that consoles do not allow mods, not by a very long shot. You want it? Make the console developer allow it. (and waste your time, because they still will say no).

Plus there hasn't been any plans (don't ask for proof, its plain obvious they said nothing about getting a new free DLC) for any new free DLC from mods currently afaik.

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

actually a few youtubers and others have gotten info that crystal isles is coming to the actual game along with other maps in the future. my friends and i are working on a ocean map the name of the forum is called "new dlc suggestions oceana" i will post a link later.

As one would say, take the rumor with a grain of salt. Rumors are rumor, and unless Wildcard says otherwise, their info could just be false info possibly being a clickbait.

7 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

no gotten info from wild card themselves it is being added in the future

Link of proof please?

5 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

thye would obvously leave stuff like details out but i want this i really really want this.

Even if they did bring it over, they won't remove the details out. They just need to compress it to fit in even if thats the case.

Unless you have other proof, I saw one of the twitter from Crystal Isle Devs. Seems there might be a misunderstanding.

Official Discord Server for Crystal Isles, that it now has been added to the Official ARK Wiki over

These doesn't indicate Wildcard has intention to add it as DLC.

Official Discord Server = the mod maker has set up a discord server dedicated to said map.

Official ARK Wiki = these are run by the community (as said for the umpteen times), not Wildcard.

While the hashtag points to the game, it doesn't indicate anything about Wildcard wanting to implement it. As I mentioned earlier, if they had plans to do so, it would be announced ahead.

Honestly I think th crystal isle while very unique and interesting shouldn't be a official map or at least not yet it has tons of gliches and is both huge and full of stuff that makes so much lag it turns some regions unplayable 

What I would prefer is something entirely new like a aquatic or ice map something that is not normal and has the opportunity to add both new content to the game like structures, creatures ect but also new ways to play the game like mostly water map would there be bases on giant rafts or would there be a water boss that would need to be taken down with water dinos or for an ice map would there be mastadons or furry versions of animals

The great think about ARK is that there are so many possibilities on how you play schorched earth and abberation are great exampl a of this and so is extiction I just want something new and different and crystal isle is really just rag on steroids 

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Unless you have other proof, I saw one of the twitter from Crystal Isle Devs. Seems there might be a misunderstanding.

These doesn't indicate Wildcard has intention to add it as DLC.

Official Discord Server = the mod maker has set up a discord server dedicated to said map.

Official ARK Wiki = these are run by the community (as said for the umpteen times), not Wildcard.

While the hashtag points to the game, it doesn't indicate anything about Wildcard wanting to implement it. As I mentioned earlier, if they had plans to do so, it would be announced ahead.

B-b-b-but a YouTuber said it. Must be true

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

B-b-b-but a YouTuber said it. Must be true

It amazes me sometime how much some of these Youtubers read into various sources of information and then  extrapolate to whats coming. Watched one the other day there (no idea why I did), where long story short, a dev tweeting about a new dinosaur discovery was an indication a new dino or TLC was going to happen...

• 10 months later...
20 minutes ago, Val500 said:

To make crystal isles come close to working on Console, they will likely have to cut out a chunk of the size, remove the magic effects, remove alot of the DLC dinos (because cant have THAT) and god knows what else.

What?
They just said there's new DLC dino's and you're talking about removing them....

1 hour ago, Val500 said:

RIP Crystal Isles

Rest in peace, Crystal Isles, you were such a beautiful and unique map.

For those that don't understand, CI is becoming a WC free DLC, like Valg and Rag, which means they are gonna... well, strip everything they can from it.

If you play on official or console yea, but you will still be able to play the original map? 

31 minutes ago, Val500 said:

To make crystal isles come close to working on Console, they will likely have to cut out a chunk of the size, remove the magic effects, remove alot of the DLC dinos (because cant have THAT) and god knows what else.

As a console user I wouldn't know its current playability or style other than a streamer from 2 years ago who shared a little content I've not seen much of the map. 

Archived