Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

Support used to be excellent.  They would answer all my tickets immediately, like seconds after I posted.  They were insta on it like dog on steak.  But they became overwhelmed with the work load after what I call The Great Rollback of 04.   I lost an otter in the world mesh and made the post around the time of the rollback.  Ticket is eternally OPEN.  Like no one is working the tickets at all.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes they only restore 10 dinos. a bad joke for us caus we lost 200 dinos. many lvl 250+ rexes, a giga, Yutis, Spinos, Allos, Tapejaras, name it, we had it. lots of special colours and costumes. i have some screenshots but without UI (level not shown). they want screenshots in advance but tribelog i can see only after being back to the tribe. i lost my favourite Spino Spinarani, level maybe 260, female, lots of health and attack etc, they will give me some random spino lvl 260, any colour, any sex, any stats, thats not very interesting for me, i tamed them caus of nice stats and colour, plus there was a 100 def saddle...

i might not answer at all to that ticket caus this is so frustrating...

i might answer and get some dinos back only to donate them to those neighbours who fed our animals after the failed rollback where me and my only tribemember and friend could not logg in anymore.

?

thats their answer i recieved today:

GM Xur Today at 03:31
Greetings Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Xur and I am happy to assist you in your survival adventures today. We are really sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Sadly, we are unable to get back your original character. However, we are able to give your character some exp and some tek egrams. Please provide us with your previous character level and then we can get you an appointment.

What we CANNOT help with:

• Restoring levels past level 105

• Restoring items, blueprints, element, or anything tek item related

• Bringing your original survivor back to life

• Ascending players

We are also truly sorry to hear you had the misfortune of losing your tames. We can understand how much of a setback this can cause for your adventure, and we are more than happy to assist you in getting a replacement for your tame.

First, there are a few things you need to know before we proceed in getting you the reimbursement.

• This replacement will not be the same as what you have lost. Please keep in mind we are unable to control the stats, mutation, or gender of the tames. We are also unable to restore any lost items that were on the dinosaur. If this is still acceptable, let's proceed to the next step. More information about this is here.

• Would you mind making a list of the tames that you would like to have replaced with their type and level? For an example: Level 200 Rex (We can only restore 10 dinos MAX)

• If you have any screenshots, videos or tribe logs of your tame, please forward this along with your response. We will no longer be restoring any dinosaurs with levels over 150 without visual evidence.

This is how the tame reimbursement will work:

Dinosaur replacement restore without any experience added, so it will level up to 73 levels. With this option, we do not restore past level 150 without visual evidence and level 201 with approved visual evidence. So your dinosaur can be a max level 274 with this option and approved visual evidence. This is not kibble tamed or special tamed and stats cannot be adjusted. Options for babies are available for doing your own imprinting. Each dinosaur comes with a saddle at a random quality.

Please note that Wyvern and Rock Drake cannot be spawned over level 190. We cannot restore any eggs and certain dinosaurs are not to be restored such as Reaper, Phoenix and Unicorn. Retries on tames are prohibited due to time constraints.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

GM Xur
Studio Wildcard
http://www.studiowildcard.com/

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password.

Note: If your ticket status is pending (you have not responded to us) for over 5 days, it will automatically be set to solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to the ticket and it will open it back up. This process is automated and not done by the GM.

thats my answer:

hey,
thanks for finally answering me. but in fact your answer is too late. not only that i lost my lvl 95 char together with my friend, but you also waited 7 days to stop the decay timers... finally you stopped it 2 days after our dinos (around 200) all vanished... what can i say? it's hard to stay polite in this case. i have to think whether i will continue to play this game in which i spent 5500 hours already. mistakes like the failed rollback can happen, but i will not understand why you waited 7 days to stop a 8 days timer. when the chars where lost the timer was not on 8 days anymore, in our case it was already on 4 days, so you really should have stopped the timer on the first day. failing to do so is unforgivable. now you are offering me 10 random dinos as a replacement for all the special dinos i lost, and you want me to send proof. i have to think about your so called offer first.
may God bless you

1 hour ago, Lawman213 said:

I tagged ancientrage as he was someone i knew that is waiting. Caleb u shud receive a response tonight that would be my guess.

Udju i doubt logs are kept i mentioned before of potential duping on my servers and that logs would surely show culprits but my comment ignored.

Only log u have is tribelog which should show losses once ur back in it and the gm would see that to as they add themselves to tribe via command

Lawman thanks so much for the help. So I am guessing that at the latest my ticket should be answered on Thursday ?

9 hours ago, caleb68 said:

my ticket is 1151984 and has yet to be answered, If Ancientrage's ticket gets answered before mine that will mean they aren't even doing the tickets in order.  Mines still in 'open' state waiting for a reply.  Mine was posted back on the 5th, so 11 days now.  JulianTitaniums ticket was only 300 tickets in front of mine and his was taken care of 7 days ago (was even on the server when the mod was there to do it).  so that's less than 42 tickets per day from all support areas being handled sense all tickets regardless of what department they are sent to are numbered in order. 

Can you tell me when your ticket gets answered please ?

8 hours ago, Udju said:

Greetings Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM Xur and I am happy to assist you in your survival adventures today. We are really sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Sadly, we are unable to get back your original character. However, we are able to give your character some exp and some tek egrams. Please provide us with your previous character level and then we can get you an appointment.

• Ascending players

We are also truly sorry to hear you had the misfortune of losing your tames. We can understand how much of a setback this can cause for your adventure, and we are more than happy to assist you in getting a replacement for your tame.

First, there are a few things you need to know before we proceed in getting you the reimbursement.

• This replacement will not be the same as what you have lost. Please keep in mind we are unable to control the stats, mutation, or gender of the tames. We are also unable to restore any lost items that were on the dinosaur. If this is still acceptable, let's proceed to the next step. More information about this is here.

• Would you mind making a list of the tames that you would like to have replaced with their type and level? For an example: Level 200 Rex (We can only restore 10 dinos MAX)

• If you have any screenshots, videos or tribe logs of your tame, please forward this along with your response. We will no longer be restoring any dinosaurs with levels over 150 without visual evidence.

This is how the tame reimbursement will work:

Dinosaur replacement restore without any experience added, so it will level up to 73 levels. With this option, we do not restore past level 150 without visual evidence and level 201 with approved visual evidence. So your dinosaur can be a max level 274 with this option and approved visual evidence. This is not kibble tamed or special tamed and stats cannot be adjusted. Options for babies are available for doing your own imprinting. Each dinosaur comes with a saddle at a random quality.

Please note that Wyvern and Rock Drake cannot be spawned over level 190. We cannot restore any eggs and certain dinosaurs are not to be restored such as Reaper, Phoenix and Unicorn. Retries on tames are prohibited due to time constraints.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

GM Xur
Studio Wildcard

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password.

Note: If your ticket status is pending (you have not responded to us) for over 5 days, it will automatically be set to solved. If this is not the case, feel free to respond to the ticket and it will open it back up. This process is automated and not done by the GM.

my two lvl giga's are gone after update for Easter are you raptoring kidding me, i've lost my character from the last update now this as i'm just starting to get new imprints on this character...I've done a vein with it as u can see I've froze them to fly back to base in the pictures i sent...check the tribe logs.....

57213746_338930363427916_8101436655409299456_n.jpg

57400112_441977866630813_8055115673640108032_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Lawman213 said:

@Ancientrage did u get an appointment though? I had to reply with my character level even tho i posted that on my ticket and no await a time slot

I answered it 4 hours ago so they won’t be in since different time zones. I haven’t had a response yet but I will tell you if I do get an appointment. It is going to be really annoying if we have to wait longer just for an appointment.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:45 AM, Udju said:

Greetings Survivor,

• Ascending players

Sincerely,

GM Xur
Studio Wildcard

This is a total bs and lame answer. Even if your player file is gone your tribe file still on the server. The tribe file has the name and IDs of all members, alliance info, and a full log of who tamed what, who clammed which baby dino, every dino (with level info) that decayed, etc... If they were not lazy they could restore a new dino for every one you lost at the same level or 73 levels bellow to guarantee you can reach the same lvls again.

Also, every time the server restarts it saves a backup of all survivor and tribe files (so there is a backup of your survivor left behind) and also a backup save and ati-corruption save from the original savegame (where all your stuff still exists).

They just don't bother.

So I did lose my singleplayer character when the rollback happened a few weeks ago. I since had started a new singleplayer character. I was playing today, then logged offline. My friend bought the game today and I was going to host a non-dedicated server for us two to play with my singleplayer character and dinos. I loaded ark and it was gone (The character). Do I need to save everytime or something? I wouldn't like to lose 10 or more hours again. 

Also how do I get my friend to join my singleplayer game. Or the non-dedicated server?

If I sound like a noob I haven't played for that long, sorry.

looks like this thread is about dead now,  would like to hear how the character restore went for most of you who got apointments set, know how it went for JulienTitanium, as he plays on one of the servers I play on, glad he was able to get his dino's n' bases back.  How about the rest of you who jumped through the hoops? how did it go for you? still waiting for my turn, not till may 1st.

i was asking the GM if he could level our chars and then invite back to our tribe and then check the tribelog for lost dinos in order to restore some caus we don't have screenshots with level to be seen, as we alway hide UI for screenies; and if my tribemate will also get 10 dinos out of our 200 lost. after an offtopic answer, he wrote:

GM Xur (ARK)

Apr 26, 6:16 PM PDT

Greetings,

After looking more closely, we do not provide any services for players on Legacy servers. I am very sorry for not bringing this to your attention sooner.

Sincerely,

GM Xur
Studio Wildcard

what to say? i answered:

Hey!
You guys really deserve the award for the worst support ever!After all it was you failling the rollback, and then you did not stop the timers in time... then you made BIG words of apology and BIG promises how you gonna assist us. But we wrote from the beginning that we played on a legacy server, if you would read the tickets that would really help. Then after some weeks you come up with that you won't "serve" us because of legacy. Shame on you that you treat your old playerbase like that!

May God bless you!

Udju

Archived