Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lawman213 said:

There was a post regarding cryo dinos they shudnt starve as they are techically jst a string of data in a pod. I dont kno if i have a body on my server as my doors are locked to everyone but an ally has place unlocked troughs and filled them for me to top up food. Id suggest similar if you can

How long do you got on your decay timers? Assuming you were logged on last Thursday when this started you have till tomorrow before greenhouse will be gone, and till Thursday before dinos not podded go poof!

How does a player to player interaction repair the damage done to peoples bases and dinos when a meeting won't take place for weeks?  There is an article on survive the ark saying when a character is deleted you should not even make a new character on the same server because it will over write the old character and not be retrievable.  The information being put out is still lacking on basic instruction on how the community should act in the mean time.  It lacks true compassion for the people who have thousands of hours of work into this game.   A normal person works roughly 2000 hours in a year some of us have that into this game some of us have more then that.   Have you taken any actions to stop the bleeding.  Turn off dino and base decay timers on the servers as so many others have suggested.  What about food consumption.  Sure you're going to restore our levels, tek engrams, and maybe re-imprint a hand full of dinos.  But what of the people who no longer have any dinos or bases.   Are you doing any thing to address these problems in the weeks its going to take to get a meeting.  For those of us about to loose a year of our lives do you offer any thing for our hard work that you squandered.   Perhaps this is part of a grander plan, a plan to force more servers to close after all extinction is the final step in your journey where it begins and ends.  No more plans to earn cash so time to kill the game.  Kill the player base.  Kill the servers cut the over head cost. All along fronting like you are trying to "improve" the game with patches.  Yet what effort is being made to preserve the player base.  Official servers lag so bad they are almost unplayable. This patch and roll back should be referred to as the great extinction. Note there was no apology in the updated statement only asking us to be understanding of their situation.  No mention of our situation.  So much more left to say but what is the point its already been proven it will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears. 

• Wildcard Community

There's been a general update that went out today about the status of character restoration.  We apologize and we are working through the tickets as fast as possible.  Each of these restorations is a player to player interaction, so they take time.  There's no good answer but the Customer Service team is taking on additional workload to get through the queue.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Cedric said:

There's been a general update that went out today about the status of character restoration.  We apologize and we are working through the tickets as fast as possible.  Each of these restorations is a player to player interaction, so they take time.  There's no good answer but the Customer Service team is taking on additional workload to get through the queue.

Perhaps extending the decay timers for a while could be a good idea while the characters are being restored? I've seen a lot of threads from solo players concerned about their bases and creatures decaying before they get a chance to have an appointment with a GM.

My huge base on extinction, 100~ wyverns 100~ rex's, a fridge full of rex kibble, half a fridge full of wyvern kibble, around 1300 element, 40k metal, a dozen gachas with every resource... All gone very soon but it wouldnt matter if it didnt make my friend rage quit because he lost his main character... And whats the point of pve with no friends ?

thanks @Jen I'm gonna blame u since ur community manager or whatever

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Perhaps extending the decay timers for a while could be a good idea while the characters are being restored? I've seen a lot of threads from solo players concerned about their bases and creatures decaying before they get a chance to have an appointment with a GM.

Totaly agree with this, there are alot of solo players the devs could atleast introduce a change in decay timer until they have given the support to all the players that lost their charcters because of the rollback.  I am currious how they are going to reimbours bases and dinos and items because of this...

Another solo player here as well. Being a solo player doesn't mean you have little to lose in comparison to multi-player tribes. Do the GMs that eventually answer your ticket intend to spawn in a new dino to replace each of the ones you've lost to auto-decay while waiting? This assuming you still have some remnants of a base at that point.

I'm currently set to lose entire lines of heavily bred tames because WildCard couldn't be asked to be more attentive to their patching. Stats and colors you've worked on for months will vanish without a trace and all you can hope is that by some ungodly grace whatever they replace your tames with have half-way decent stat rolls. 'Cause you about to start over. Assuming you don't rage quit. Disabling auto-decay and dropping food consumption should have been their very first move, barring another attempt at a roll to try and correct the issues. It's been over 5 days. If you had food sensitive things, they're probably already dead. Gigas, otters, and the like. Baby anything. They're gone.

Has anyone with a similar situation dealt with a GM as of yet? Tickets take days to even be acknowledged, not to mention you then need to set a date and time to meet the GM that responds. If they don't have many openings, and we can generally assume players have real lives and jobs to tend to as well, it could be a week or more before your lost character trouble is rectified.

Base Game: $60

Expansions: $20 (each).

Watching an entire community give up: Priceless.

7 hours ago, Cedric said:

Hey,

when i noticed on friday morning that my char has gone i already was offline for 4 days. me and my tribemate have the same problem, both cannot log in. no other players in that tribe. both wrote tickets immediately. we play on that server since it opened 3 years ago. in about 12 hours the timer from our dinos will wear off and we will loose them all...

so please take immediate action.

request (1151726)

thank you

As a solo player i encounterd  3 times survivor lost while transfering and rollback, this is what i did  not to be a victim of the speed the tickets handled. Get someone you know/trust to join your tribe move your main survivor to another server and create a new one and let you friend invite you to the tribe. after that park the new survivor on another server and return your main back.  Promote the new survivor to admin and give him all the rights aswel.

When you loose next time you survivor you have atleast a backup to reset timers and feed dinos, and when you support ticket gets answered move it again to another server and follow the instructions of the GM. This way you wil alwas have a backup

2n option is get another account when the sales are up to make a backup again.

This what i do now, so when the the ticket takes long atleast my work wont decay.

(if you didnt know this already)

And try to make alts on servers try not to jump with your main if not needed, you can transfer items (transmitter, obelisk, drops) between your survivors of the same account.

Jumping servers in ARK is not safe. <- Keep that in mind

8 hours ago, Whipples said:

How long do you got on your decay timers? Assuming you were logged on last Thursday when this started you have till tomorrow before greenhouse will be gone, and till Thursday before dinos not podded go poof!

I have roughly until 9pm gmt on Friday until unpodded dinos disappear. Base made of stone will be gone come monday but dont see point of returning after Friday if i havent been contacted by support all my dinos are sittin out with over 100 babies in pods as i work on them during days off

1 hour ago, Lawman213 said:

I have roughly until 9pm gmt on Friday until unpodded dinos disappear. Base made of stone will be gone come monday but dont see point of returning after Friday if i havent been contacted by support all my dinos are sittin out with over 100 babies in pods as i work on them during days off

my dinos will go in 10 hours from now... caus we were not on for 4 days when we noticed on friday that we can both not logg in anymore. stone will go in 4 days.?

ticket was made Friday at 06:24 their time, still unanswered, untouched.  character still missing.  

Character was main character, was moved to a  Ragnarok server 1 day prior to the 30 minute rollback.

All my babies are frozen in time, can't imprint as they were linked to the main character.

Even if I can't get the character back it would be nice to get the imprinting switched to my secondary character that I had to use all weekend, that way I can at least finish off raising the dino's and not feel I wasted so much time.

People like JulianTitanium are most likely going to end up leaving the game for good,  having breeds that they had done sense the beginning with mutations and holiday colors, having 400 dino's… and losing them all because Wildcard did something to cause character loss on a grand scale.  I really feel sorry for those people.

Its not that they haven't been active either, they've been all over on their various twitter pages during the weekend without a care in the world, like they haven't caused anything to happen to the customers.  It's a shame really... I remember a day when companies actually still cared about their consumers. Course I remember when consumers wouldn't let something like this sit either and wouldn't just shrug it off,  I'm thinking we've all become too passive really...

yeah , one week since lost character and the only thing that we get is an automated response , that's not acceptable by any means , all this person to person interaction they say is needed , ok I got it , but what about the items , imprinted dinos ( almost 10 gigas in the last ) and the engrams from the bosses ? Everything lost 105 character me and my tribemate built a big base in aberration and everything is gone. Well done !!!

18 hours ago, Soldier905 said:

yeah man I get that. But why shoud we suffer because of them ?? This is not a free to play game. We bought it, most of us got all dlcs. And they just screw us now. They did a huge mistake, not sure any other gaming company did something like that ….And now what ? We should wait weeks/months to get our characters back ? I am lucky because I have tribemates. But what about the players that play alone ? What about their base ? Dinos ? That takes time. This is not cool at all. They should freaking work 24/24 to fix their own mistake. If I would lose my character during a transfer because of my own fault I would have been ok with waiting that much. But this is not our mistake, its theirs, and they don't give a fk about it. Its something like, hey you lost your chars, soryy, make a ticket, wait 1 month, and maybe we will give it back to you. 

I  don't get it why you guys removed my post ...the one I quoted now ….that's just the truth . nothing more.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Addict said:

I  don't get it why you guys removed my post ...the one I quoted now ….that's just the truth . nothing more.

Nobody removed any of your posts. You can find them on your profile: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/398697-addict/

yeah thats all so sad, an way below inacceptable.

41 minutes ago, Scorpius said:

What was the reason given for not rolling back again to restore lost characters? Instead of dealing with it 1 at a time? Given the decay timers and dinosaur losses, what is wildcards response? My ticket has also not been answered since the patch. Has anyone had their character restored?

i sign this...

in 6 hours my dinos will all go...

i play from the first week on that server, have thousands of hours in ark... now i have a job i can't play everyday, so timer was already on 4 days when my char was lost. immediately i wrote a ticket and so did my only tribemate... and what happened? nothing so far

*fill in any swear word*

?

Only person i have seen acknowledging any post is @ced. If you want the community manager to respond to you its best not to mention the ongoing problem and instead post pics and talk about weather. Cant believe they waited until community crunch to give a half assed response to issue. No support in the eu so im stuck waiting on people in a timezone thats roughly 6 to 7 hours behind.

Archived