Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did come back after a month of inactivity to an official server i was playing pve in and did find out that my character was gone, the same happened to me a lot of other time on both on pvp or pve servers, do i have the same kind of issue you have? or characters are supposed to autodelete  after some time of inactivity on official servers?

10 hours ago, juicyjavo said:

is it safe to create a new character while waiting on them to restore old character that was lost due to roll back

you dont get it if its not proper fixed not just reimburse for what was lost well 105 toon endgrams and imprints is just not enoith now we lost a full weekend of farming ....... if i dont get my toon back asap ime fuking dun with this poop as is 90% of what was left of the 10.000 ppl that was playing be luckey if its 1.000 ppl left playing after this 

10 hours ago, juicyjavo said:

is it safe to create a new character while waiting on them to restore old character that was lost due to roll back

don't make a new toon on the same server that your lost character was on.  one account can not have 2 characters on the same server. so if you create a new character something is going to get messed up for sure. 

if you want a character to play while they figure it out you should make one on a different server, and know any thing you do maybe rolled back to before this all happened.

1 minute ago, gushwa80 said:

don't make a new toon on the same server that your lost character was on.  one account can not have 2 characters on the same server. so if you create a new character something is going to get messed up for sure. 

if you want a character to play while they figure it out you should make one on a different server, and know any thing you do maybe rolled back to before this all happened.

normaley ya ide do just that but with how i feall atm i dont even wana look at ark.... i might as well go fukabout on a nother game for the time hope thay give a good fix as thir no pont to playing ark if we guna get kiked in balls like this

42 minutes ago, gushwa80 said:

This is not good information

When they restore your character, they instruct you to create a new character. Then they boost that characters EXP and transfer the imprints. You might as well start working on a new character and get some bosses done and start some new breeds while you wait.

This is from personal experience of having gone through this process 3 times :/

33 minutes ago, mattyou1985bba said:

normaley ya ide do just that but with how i feall atm i dont even wana look at ark.... i might as well go fukabout on a nother game for the time hope thay give a good fix as thir no pont to playing ark if we guna get kiked in balls like this

I'm with you I'm not playing ark right now there is no point.  my character is currently deleted and if i make a new one for something to do all that work will probably get deleted when they fix their first mistake. I Instead am working on some old projects around the house. I got Black Powder Kit gun that I stayed up way to late last night staining the wood, and I got a 17 year  old r/c air plane that the engine and carb are gummed up on. So I tore that down cleaned it up and got it spinning again. When I am done with the gun I may have to go back to Warframe.                                Whats every one else doing now that Ark is broken? 

Anyone who has played this game since launch should know this is the typical thought process of WC. You open a ticket and you wait for any communication. By the time they get back with people their bases, tribes and dino's will decay, then what?  You would think that after this major failure they would be working around the clock to get players their characters, tribes etc back. Public Relations within WC is farcical. There is absolutely no reason why we haven't heard anything back regarding what is being done to help the player base. Instead we get a canned response after the patch happened. If WC would communicate with the player base instead of hiding behind the keyboard we would be more understanding, it's pretty basic customer service. It's been almost 3 days now without any response and I know there are other people that is in far worse positions. Why is it so hard for WC to have the common courtesy to communicate? Is the company in that bad of financial shape they can't afford to get more people during issues as this or have you not replaced the people that moved on to your other game making fiasco's? This is by far the biggest fail since you launched the game and you show no care in the world for the people who have paid your wages the past 3 years. All these rants of course will fall on deaf ears. No one can say well they are doing their best to fix the issues. Give them a break they are people too. Yes, this is true but at least real people will communicate and take responsibility for this epic failure. Quit hiding behind the keyboards and give the player base that has fallen to continuous patching some information on what your doing to help us. It's really simple to do. 

2 minutes ago, Thonian said:

Anyone who has played this game since launch should know this is the typical thought process of WC. You open a ticket and you wait for any communication. By the time they get back with people their bases, tribes and dino's will decay, then what?  You would think that after this major failure they would be working around the clock to get players their characters, tribes etc back. Public Relations within WC is farcical. There is absolutely no reason why we haven't heard anything back regarding what is being done to help the player base. Instead we get a canned response after the patch happened. If WC would communicate with the player base instead of hiding behind the keyboard we would be more understanding, it's pretty basic customer service. It's been almost 3 days now without any response and I know there are other people that is in far worse positions. Why is it so hard for WC to have the common courtesy to communicate? Is the company in that bad of financial shape they can't afford to get more people during issues as this or have you not replaced the people that moved on to your other game making fiasco's? This is by far the biggest fail since you launched the game and you show no care in the world for the people who have paid your wages the past 3 years. All these rants of course will fall on deaf ears. No one can say well they are doing their best to fix the issues. Give them a break they are people too. Yes, this is true but at least real people will communicate and take responsibility for this epic failure. Quit hiding behind the keyboards and give the player base that has fallen to continuous patching some information on what your doing to help us. It's really simple to do. 

Get at ced on twitter, he is answering questions there. Our feedback to him on twitter is what caused them to add the new command for admins to restore engrams.

Agreed though

I wouldnt hold your breath for a response. tweeted community staff and server manager hours ago no response. but they have no issue responding to a downed xbox server. The playerbase are just expected to take these bugs and loss of time spend in game as part of the experience. never mind the fact we are the ones who paid our own hard earned money to support the company. I know i am coming across as someone who is annoyed but im pretty sure most people are by now my ticket almost reaching 60 hours since opened and im sure others have been waiting even longer. All i want to know is if there is actually anyone working on helping people or are we stuck waiting until business hours on monday. I was looking forward to my days off to relax and farm, even build a bit and chat with people on servers but now im left to wait and see what mess awaits me if i get back into my base before anything decays.

1 hour ago, jansenv said:

Get at ced on twitter, he is answering questions there. Our feedback to him on twitter is what caused them to add the new command for admins to restore engrams.

Agreed though

Ah no  a admin from a unofficial server posted the command lines to give the engrams back on here and 4-5 hrs later that's when they said "they could now reinstate tek engrams".    Thonian is right with what he has said I lost 3 toons during this poop roll out, so yesterday I leveled 3 new toons to 100+   today im gonna try and finish the bosses on them rather than wait 1-2 weeks just to make a appointment.  Then wait another 1-3 weeks on a GM, yes I have a ticket yes im still waiting on a response. As I have to wait because I was the tribe owner on the different servers.

Its just difficult to find servers that are stable enough to run the boss fights on without the fear of servers crashing and rolling back. Honestly I don't blame anyone for not running them and loosing entire rex teams or whatever they choose to use. Im on a rag server but I cant even do the boss there as the server crashes constantly now don't play there much just hop on to feed the dinos and that's it really. There shouldn't be this much risk involved when playing the game as it was intended to be played. 

Thankfully I have tribemates that could invite me back into the tribes but if your a solo player kiss it all goodbye, yeah it sucks I don't have any imprinted dino's ATM. And the ones I was raising are almost worthless as I wont be able to imprint them anymore unless the GM can transfer them to the new toon. Supposedly you can hatch a egg and they can insta grow them and give 100% imprint but with only 5 dino's. 

3 hours ago, jansenv said:

This is not good information

When they restore your character, they instruct you to create a new character. Then they boost that characters EXP and transfer the imprints. You might as well start working on a new character and get some bosses done and start some new breeds while you wait.

This is from personal experience of having gone through this process 3 times :/

Wish I could, my whole tribe got there characters deleted :(... So we can't even refresh our buildings, we had only been back on the server and started again a few months ago.. A day before this I managed to get hold of two element producing gatchas which are just sitting there starving. Can't even look at the game rn and to be honest, all of our tribe feels the same. Can't believe I paid money for this game right now...

15 hours ago, juicyjavo said:

no, don't do that, the new char will delete your original one.

13 hours ago, gushwa80 said:

still no changes for me my ticket still says open since thursday night

same here

1 hour ago, Flaredwellzy1 said:

Wish I could, my whole tribe got there characters deleted :(... So we can't even refresh our buildings, we had only been back on the server and started again a few months ago.. A day before this I managed to get hold of two element producing gatchas which are just sitting there starving. Can't even look at the game rn and to be honest, all of our tribe feels the same. Can't believe I paid money for this game right now...

15 hours ago, juicyjavo said:

i wouldn't do that, you will loose your original char definitely.

10 hours ago, Zatno said:

same....

Please restore my char now, in 2 days the timer from our dinos and structures will go. We were already for 4 days off when we noticed that we cannot logg in anymore. We are only two in our tribe and both cannot logg on their Chars. thank you

2 hours ago, CowBoyKillers said:

Ah no  a admin from a unofficial server posted the command lines to give the engrams back on here and 4-5 hrs later that's when they said "they could now reinstate tek engrams".  

The commands you mentioned are for self only, the devs coded a new command into the game based on those commands

20 hours ago, JulienTitanium said:

Don't worrie you aren't the only one.

Ii will lose 400 dinos with their stupid update :)

In 2 days i lose all by auto-decay

ah man Julian, wish I could help mate :( you have so many beautiful dino's on the Island :( that will be a sad day....

My ragnarok character is still missing, tribemate reported that my body isn't even on the server, that character had been placed there a full day before the 112 patch even hit, so it should of still been there but nope, its gone, still nothing on the ticket submitted either just left in 'open' state, been 2 days so far, I doubt anyone is going to get a timely resolve to this, and if anyone does, they should count themselves lucky.

Edit in:

Honestly - Wildcard should shut OFF Dino Decay till they resolve this!

Archived