Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Kevinelkins1127 said:

How long did it take for them to get to you?

Im solo lost my character.  I put tickets in and it says resolved they never contacted me or anything. My friend screen shot me with cords. Thankful im standing up in my base asleep. My door was open so thankful he got in. All of my dinos are next to me in small base. Hopefully they can wake my character up with smelly salt? Lol seriously im lost for words.  I have evidence of picture and information hope GM sees my case ticket.....

Uhhh looks to be a little over 24 hours. 

People need to remember that SO many people sent in tickets. My tribemate has not recieved an email yet. Also for the resolved. Please look at one of my posts that explains why

It was just me and my husband in our tribe, both of us lost our characters. We have Dino’s starving to death, the timers on our bases are going. Soon they will be demolishable. This seriously sucks. We’ve worked so hard to get where we are. We have Valentine’s Day Theris, beautiful pink snow owls, Awesome strong pink/blue pink/green Argys and so many Wyverns we’ve been raising. As well as  many boss Rex’s, Pink wolves, Ravagers 2 Phoenix and 5 Juvinile Gigas That are Pink/Blue over level 300. 

Weve worked really really hard, and I can’t stand the thought of losing everything. This is what we do together, it’s how we spend our time. He just had surgery, he’s disabled. He isn’t able to do much and this was our thing. Without this we are horribly depressed. Starting over really isn’t an option at this point. We were way too far for that. 

Please, please do something. Soon. 

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, JulienTitanium said:

Don't worrie you aren't the only one.

Ii will lose 400 dinos with their stupid update :)

In 2 days i lose all by auto-decay

This really sucks for all of us that it’s happened too. We’ve worked hard on this game, even through all the glitches and other issues. Yet these things keep happening to us. :/ I want to cry. 

My thoughts on this will probably be applied the next time... but why didnt they stop all servers, fix the over roll back by reverting all servers to the same save time (which would of saved the majority of chars). Instead they left the servers running, allowed people to transfer from the servers that were the right save to the wrong saved servers then they rolled the wrong ones forward and deleted more chars. Right then and there they should of said sorry we screwed up we need to roll back everything again.

Days later now, thousands of chars gone, wc asking people to do the impossible to get them back along with imprints and time is ticking down on babies, tames and bases. 

So we are where we are, step one turn down food consumption to 0, turn all servers decay timers to 0, turn on offline raid protection if you can, stop the bleeding wc. I wouldnt mind if they just said this weekend is free we will roll back to prepatch come monday go act crazy. But this, this aint gonna fly.

I learned along time ago, that we shouldn’t move our char between servers constantly, after  loose main char due to server rollback , back  in that time , took to wildcard 2 weeks to replace my char ( fortunately I play with my husband, so only lost imprint and engrams )  , in this caos, the time to answer all those tickets will take them substantially way longer time ( even with enlarged team ).

3 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

I learned along time ago, that we shouldn’t move our char between servers constantly, after  loose main char due to server rollback , back  in that time , took to wildcard 2 weeks to replace my char ( fortunately I play with my husband, so only lost imprint and engrams )  , in this caos, the time to answer all those tickets will take them substantially way longer time ( even with enlarged team ).

As people have repeatedly said, transferring servers was not the common denominator. People who hadn't logged into ark in days lost their characters....

5 minutes ago, kelive said:

My thoughts on this will probably be applied the next time... but why didnt they stop all servers, fix the over roll back by reverting all servers to the same save time (which would of saved the majority of chars). Instead they left the servers running, allowed people to transfer from the servers that were the right save to the wrong saved servers then they rolled the wrong ones forward and deleted more chars. Right then and there they should of said sorry we screwed up we need to roll back everything again.

Days later now, thousands of chars gone, wc asking people to do the impossible to get them back along with imprints and time is ticking down on babies, tames and bases. 

So we are where we are, step one turn down food consumption to 0, turn all servers decay timers to 0, turn on offline raid protection if you can, stop the bleeding wc. I wouldnt mind if they just said this weekend is free we will roll back to prepatch come monday go act crazy. But this, this aint gonna fly.

People should really prepare themselves, to loose all. It’s hard, I know ... The only thing we ( players that escaped extermination) can do is help the others that lost everything. 

And to the ones ,that find the courage  to start fresh, I warn DON’T travel between servers , unless you REALLY have to . Travel occasionally, will be fine , but constantly, is offering the char to Ark Gods  

5 minutes ago, QueenBea said:

As people have repeatedly said, transferring servers was not the common denominator. People who hadn't logged into ark in days lost their characters....

my toon had not moved in 4 days i log to feed dinos an such an i get all this bull poop  an ya still no reply nerley 3 days now

4 minutes ago, QueenBea said:

The only way , a char get’s wiped , it’s cause , when it rollback  at a  specific point , that char WASN’T on that server. Period. 

I saw people, say that the char didn’t moved in 3/4 days ... I’m sure these guys are correct , but unfortunately, the server went to a specific point and restarted on a server save that those char’s simply aren’t there.

Ex . 3/4 days ago I went to other server do a trade , made it , returned and logged off. Now the server , with all this mess , rolled back to a specific Server Save where supposedly I was still on the other server. Done ... lost char ... and hadn’t moved him since 3/4 days ago. 

The char now is nowhere to be seen , even on the other server where I was , cause that one rolled back to a Server Save , that I had already left . 

————————————————————————

There where some players, small portion , that when logged , the server didn’t recognized the char and “linked” him to their tribe. On those a simple log on/logged off or transfer to another server and comeback would fix it ... I know , cause it happened to several players on my server. Most of those recovered Dino’s and tribes ... some didn’t, cause they didn’t heard our advices and made a new char ( that immediately overwritten the previous char ) in that case , nothing can be done without WC support.

Don’t get me wrong , I’m not blaiming players here , the only fault of this mess is Wildcard.

But many chars where lost , cause people start panicking and overwrote  their own chars .

min was kiled by roal back my server had like 9488 days befor patch an after it was 9100 an @ that point i bleave i was on abberation so ya mine is lost like so meney others... a bit of down time for alllservers for 4 days till thay figerd out what was rong an all could of been fixed ezy ide not mind but to loos all and other cluser players ...ark was on deaths door befor this now i fear it might be the end

i did just try to do the transfer to another server and comeback would fix it ....well that did not work for me :(

Our server rolled back 4 days, but yeah I dont know the inner workings of how chars are saved, I do know how they can be lost though. Moving from one server to another then having them roll back to different points means the char got there in the future so they never got there.

If there is another bug thats losing chars they should still of offlined all servers and got them on the right saves then worked on the problem. We could of spent the weekend with offline servers been free from the grind knowing our stuff wouldnt be getting raided then returned to it in a few days when all was fixed. People will quit over this, people are pissed over this, less people would of quit and been pissed about a free weekend especially if they made the event longer to make up for it. I have my chars, I am feeding my tames everything is fine but I still say roll us all back, dont screw over some many people. 80% of my server is el-gone-o.

Give a message that this is all gonna be undone come the week and let people go wild raiding one another, less people will be mad, and all those that cant save their stuff will feel soooo much better. 

Archived