Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, QueenBea said:

Same. Ticket open 20 hours and counting. Looks like my weekend suddenly opened up. If not fixed, I will not be returning. I play pvp because (for me) the risk of loss gives value to my progress. A loss in this manner negates that value. WC's complete lack of communication on this massive issue just adds insult to injury. "if you lost a char, put in a ticket." Gee thanks Jen. Why didn't I think of that.

Steam has a new survival game every week and I definitely have another $60 to throw away.

28h an counting an still no fix for me sent tikets in first houer but no reply

RIP ARK

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Swampeh said:

Did you even read my message? I and the majority of others submitted a ticket as soon as the announcement came up. You're the one assuming we didn't. 

Other issues prior aren't from wildcards doing? My tribemate lost his character from them shutting down and rolling back a server without warning. Is that not their doing? Is that not similar/the same as this? 

If we say nothing then WC makes no changes and that's been proven time and time again. They're now restoring tekgrams because of this which is a step forward. 

Anyway I see from your other arguments to people on this forum you're a waste of time to reason with. 

First, you're also assuming that the 'majority' did... So many consider their groups a majority, when they're simply bolstering the numbers to try and get 'action'...

Second, yes, not from wildcards direct doing... Where this issue is related to a borked update, those others are from other scenarios... It's not the same, as indicated by their instant response.

Third, there's different ways of saying things, and to be all combative about it, when it's obviously been shown to be an issue, is just a really wrong way to go about it... By throwing out the constant 'this happens all the time" when it's a different situation shows you aren't willing to look at things in another light, other than the same eventuation came about so it's TOTALLY got to be the same...

Fourth, it really shows a different kind of person to have to go through my previous posts to make some sort of come back... Obviously you don't feel confident enough in expressing any sort of statement, without having to background check someone to be completely sure of having some sort of ammunition to throw out to dismiss even countering the points.

What is a waste, is the effort that you expended, just to look into the previous posts... Too bad you can't act without hesitance.

Okay it's been explained to me the full process.

If your char has been deleted please put in a ticket. After so long a gm will get a hold of you for a time to meet, if you have imprints you want restored please move all dinos you wish to be imprinted to where the gm will meet with you.....

So step one log on your deleted char and go get all your dinos and gather them in one place, second meet the gm on your deleted char so he can give you access to your deleted char again. Also please remember making a new char on the server will make your old char impossible to restore.

23 minutes ago, kelive said:

Okay it's been explained to me the full process.

If your char has been deleted please put in a ticket. After so long a gm will get a hold of you for a time to meet, if you have imprints you want restored please move all dinos you wish to be imprinted to where the gm will meet with you.....

So step one log on your deleted char and go get all your dinos and gather them in one place, second meet the gm on your deleted char so he can give you access to your deleted char again. Also please remember making a new char on the server will make your old char impossible to restore.

Step one is Impossible from the nonsense you're spouting. We can't access the "deleted" character. "So he can give  you access to your deleted character?" How are you supposed to do step one if step 2 is required to even get to step one?

Has anyone had their avatar restored yet?

1 minute ago, Scorpius said:

Step one is Impossible from the nonsense you're spouting. We can't access the "deleted" character. "So he can give  you access to your deleted character?" How are you supposed to do step one if step 2 is required to even get to step one?

Has anyone had their avatar restored yet?

What! you mean what they are asking you to do isnt possible! Well guess they cant help you then since you wont do what they ask. I think the basics of it is if you are a solo player or your tribe mates also got deleted you might be in some trouble.

Two things they have said for sure, do not make a new char, and if you want your imprints back have your dinos in one spot. Neither of those is possible, no new char cant meet the gm, and deleted char cant move the dinos. I wish they would get on and explain it fully cause whats been given to us so far just leads to more questions. 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, GiG3r82 said:

anyone else having an issue where there character is on the server but when u go to log in it wants u to make a new character. was fine this earlier then the issues came along with the servers and now i cant log into my character.

Yup same here. Im a solo tribe. Ally took screen shot me standing asleep,  but cant access. I put tickets in, only to have it say resolved, but they never fixed or talked to me? 

3 hours ago, Konaha said:

In the email they send it tells you to have all your tames on the server of the meet

"Imprints Transfer: Imprints transfer requires all of your imprinted dinos to be out on the server and OUTSIDE of cryo. "

So basically you have to move everything to the server the appointment is on 

I made my ticket about half hour into my toon being gone. I got a response at least today. So maybe theres hope for you guys

How long did it take for them to get to you?

Im solo lost my character.  I put tickets in and it says resolved they never contacted me or anything. My friend screen shot me with cords. Thankful im standing up in my base asleep. My door was open so thankful he got in. All of my dinos are next to me in small base. Hopefully they can wake my character up with smelly salt? Lol seriously im lost for words.  I have evidence of picture and information hope GM sees my case ticket.....

3 hours ago, Fukushu said:

will we get our ascensions back? He only talked about the engrams

We have to continue to put pressure on them until they add a solution for this part of the problem. The ascensions are the hardest part, compared to doing a quick rag and center boss.

Please @ ced on twitter mentioning this and respond to the dev's comments on reddit (they don't really read their own forums, have to use other platforms to get responses)

10 minutes ago, Lawman213 said:

As title says.

Has anyone received any support lately for lost character. Im approaching 36 hours since ticket posted. would like to know if support is given over the weekend or am i wasting my time waiting around for help.

I got a ticket response last night around 11pm. I think they brought in some overseas help to deal with this incident, as I don't recognize the GMs name

well... here it is... Saturday, 2x weekend, and, my Ragnarok character is still missing.   Glad I had 2 characters, it wasn't a total loss...   I do feel sorry for some people however, the ones who were waiting till the weekend to do their meat runs to feed their dinos like one guy on our server who's character has been deleted, he's been around for many years too, breeding dinos… its kinda sad watching all those pretty event bred dino's slowly vanish from his base while he can't do anything about it if he wanted to.

I'm stuck as well, all my babies are currently sitting in a cryofridge, waiting on imprinting they can't get, because Wildcard in their grand wisdom decided to throw a untested patch out on the public servers that crashed them all, then they wiped the servers and did a roll back to the previous version, along with the most recent backup they did, 30 minutes prior to the patch, too bad that backup didn't include all the arkprofile data for the users, so their characters wouldn't go missing...

This is the part that shows pure negligence on the server admins side in setting up the backups,  each person who logs into the server has a .arkprofile file created for them, in the profile it contains all that users character information, what they had in their inventory, what tribe they belonged to, the dinos they own.  So... they either 1) only restored the server files and map files, leaving the arkprofile files as they were, or 2) didn't bother to back these files up at all.

I'm sorry, people are saying that we should 'give them credit' because 'they are trying'.  I have yet to see my character fixed, or anyone on our servers who's character was deleted that I know,  likewise I haven't heard even a peep on a the ticket that was submitted just 1 hour after they put up the message to submit the tickets on the lost characters.  Not only that your asking us to give them credit for fixing something that could of been totally avoided if the patch was properly tested before throwing it on their public servers.  

Companies are becoming less and less concerned about the quality of their products, and the consumers are becoming more and more enabling by buying such things and shrugging a shoulder whenever anything happens.  Lets see if they are actually going to be able to fix this properly before giving them any credit for anything I say.

Archived