Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost my character this morning, along with my entire Tribe. I am a solo player, so there is nobody else in my Tribe.  I was raising/imprinting babies that I got from a raid, that are definitely dead now, and eggs that have hatched, and died.  To grind out everything that I've built and all the tames I've raised solo, would take well over a year with no help. I love playing solo, and I have made so much process since small tribe servers have come out, and it's all down the drain if my ticket isn't corrected.  This game is a huge part of a lot of people's lives, and it pains me that so many others were also effected.  I spend more time playing Ark in a week, than I spend at work 40 hours a week, so a big part of my life has been taken from me.  I feel so helpless and just want things back how they were.  I understand getting raided and losing my base, but losing everything due to a deleted character because of an unnanounced global rollback?

Will update after ticket response.

Best of luck to all effected.

8 hours ago, JSacra said:

It did.

I just logged back in and character was there. I have checked all 4 servers that I visited today, multiple times. Every one had the create character screen. After reading what was posted above, I decided to check again. It was there ?

My character is back ?

What I meant is 3 in created chars by the team , they don’t restored engrams. In your case or they did a 2 days rollback ( backing up your char again) ou restarted server with a more recent server backup ( restoring your char ).

but on created chars by the team , they don’t restore engrams . 

41 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

So, I found my body w/ no implant.  What if i take an implant of my own I saved? could I put it back in u think?

Sadly thats not gonna work. Your problem looks like when a player overwrites his char with a transferred one, or the [steamid].arkprofile file on the server /saved directory is gone.

In this case probably the second option.

Make imprints account bound since it is possible to ban accounts it should be possible to assign imprints to the account. That wil atleast lower the pain a bit of a lost character.

If even possible if survivor not on server maybe option to auto invite tribe again account bound.

Another option when jumping to another server make a backup for 1-2 day of the survivor so a gm can get it back.

4 hours ago, kamikazebr said:

so thats it? they screw things.. lose our chars.. we lose months/years of time.. submit a ticket.. and what? wait 15 days? a friend who lost a char told me they took about 15 days to give his imprints back.. what we supose to do for 15 days?? and no admin will answer anything.. come on wc.. this is not how u treat ppl.. 

yes same here... by the time they restore our chars all will be gone, dinos, structures everything, i play for nearly 3 years now on that server...

didn't migrate just wanted to log on my usual server and was prompted to create a new char, which i didn't caus it will overrwrite the existing one. and with the new char i won't be able to feed dinos or reset timers, caus it will not be in my tribe...

they should do a rollback to a more functional savepoint, and not requesting thousands of players tio write a ticket and then restore our chars when all is lost we played for years to get. :(

12 hours ago, Th3RealDr3w said:

Same.....this is killing me.  If you were transferring during this terrible release problem, you probably lost your character.  Wildcard you must fix this.  This is completely unacceptable.

My boyfriend lost 3 characters (2 don't touche since week) so doesn't matter if is transfering or not when is rollback.

Characters being deleted has been happening for years now.

Many player ignore this issue until it happens to them.

Happened to me.  Happened to my tribemates.

Workarounds include:

1) Never transfer character on a regular basis. 

2) always have another character on another server.

3) if solo, always add one friend in tribe who rarely play. 

4) if you dont have friends, PIN lock your important storages.

Im sorry but your  bases will expire. you will get mad, you will rage quit. but you will always return because we are all bunch of addicted nuts.

so that is what you get if you play ark every day? Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Every person who really plays the game right is switching severs all the time. It s a basic thing to do in this game. Please give us our characters back. Find a solution so i can keep the imprint on all my dinos.  And hurry please

Studio Wildcard support does not care for its players, because we already spent our money buying the game and the DCLS, so what about a low quality support like this, I hope my original character is returned, because it is in him that this the dinos with affinity, already thanks to another problem that the trainees of Studio Wildcard did with the players ...

Ok it looks like GM's are going around and giving people new characters so my question is, has anyone just made a new character and leveled it up before the GM responded to your ticket and just transferred imprinted dino's to the new character?  Reason I ask is because I can create new ones and level the 3 characters I lost during this mess past level 105 this coming up weekend if its a X2 weekend.  Yeah i'll have to do all the bosses again to get the tek grams back no big deal, my main concern is the dino's imprinted to my characters. 

For example I have 6 giga's on extinction and raising another 5 giga's that are at 89% maturation will the ones already grown or growing be associated with the new character once the GM gets back to me?  Or will I have to hatch new stuff in order for the GM to give the new characters the imprints?

I just want to know so I can have everything ready to go when I get a response.

13 minutes ago, PandaOP said:

Have abit of hope guys,my 3 lvl 105 characters on all 3 servers i play on where deleted from the rollback/patch,i logged in 25 minutes ago,and all 3 are now back as they where,have abit of patience,i hope you guys get them back like i did.

As of right now i still don't have my character on any servers

3 minutes ago, CowBoyKillers said:

Ok it looks like GM's are going around and giving people new characters so my question is, has anyone just made a new character and leveled it up before the GM responded to your ticket and just transferred imprinted dino's to the new character?  Reason I ask is because I can create new ones and level the 3 characters I lost during this mess past level 105 this coming up weekend if its a X2 weekend.  Yeah i'll have to do all the bosses again to get the tek grams back no big deal, my main concern is the dino's imprinted to my characters. 

For example I have 6 giga's on extinction and raising another 5 giga's that are at 89% maturation will the ones already grown or growing be associated with the new character once the GM gets back to me?  Or will I have to hatch new stuff in order for the GM to give the new characters the imprints?

I just want to know so I can have everything ready to go when I get a response.

From my experience you always have to create a new character and gm gives you the lvl you lost if you where 90 he wil make you lvl 90. As for the imprint they cannot assign imprints they can raise dinos from baby stage to mature and imprint 100% and assign to you and reimburse max 5 dinos (maybe they changed it now for this bug):

4 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

From my experience you always have to create a new character and gm gives you the lvl you lost if you where 90 he wil make you lvl 90. As for the imprint they cannot assign imprints they can raise dinos from baby stage to mature and imprint 100% and assign to you and reimburse max 5 dinos (maybe they changed it now for this bug):

A month ago I lost my char and the GM issued a command that transferred all the imprints from my old char to new one at once. Much more than 5 dinos that I previously moved and uncryoed into the same server.

3 minutes ago, arkark said:

A month ago I lost my char and the GM issued a command that transferred all the imprints from my old char to new one at once. Much more than 5 dinos that I previously moved and uncryoed into the same server.

thx for that info the wil do a new ticket for that, at the time they did not have the command for it, they could only put imprint on a gm 'spawned' dino or raised.

Archived