Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

3 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

So Ced had mentioned in Twitter. Honestly a huge disgrace. They messed up with the patch, made half a dozen of character vanish because of their messup, and now they are restore character as if they were lost at any other rollbacks with 105 max and no tekgram. Now I am questioning myself about how the staff handles this mess they started.

In my case they handled well. I only lost one phoenix I had transferred like 5h before the patch. Later when I connected it was not on the extinction server it should be, nor in SE. Luckily like 1h and half ago they took down the extinction server and loaded the right backup so my phoenix is back out of their ashes lol

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, arkark said:

In my case they handled well. I only lost one phoenix I had transferred like 5h before the patch. Later when I connected it was not on the extinction server it should be, nor in SE. Luckily like 1h and half ago they took down the extinction server and loaded the right backup so my phoenix is back out of their ashes lol

I honestly don't think they did. Most of these people who lost their character didn't do anything wrong (at least to my knowledge), and the rollback was their fault rather than the fools who caused it. Giving them characters with just these rather than everything they had prior is just a huge punch in the stomach.

5 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I honestly don't think they did. Most of these people who lost their character didn't do anything wrong (at least to my knowledge), and the rollback was their fault rather than the fools who caused it. Giving them characters with just these rather than everything they had prior is just a huge punch in the stomach.

I think they said the character restore thing after ppl started complaining, but probably a very big percentage of ppl that lost characted will recover it as soon as the right backup (not the one from 2 days ago) is loaded in their servers.

5 minutes ago, arkark said:

I think they said the character restore thing after ppl started complaining, but probably a very big percentage of ppl that lost characted will recover it as soon as the right backup (not the one from 2 days ago) is loaded in their servers.

...Ced already confirmed with the staff that they are only restoring characters with 105 max level, no tekgram, all imprint, as if they restore them from other issues other than now. 

Have a read

Thats not "recovering", thats more of a huge slap in the face. Its rather unfair, truth be told.

And before you start commenting about not everything is there, read the comments below the tweet.

Just now, Vaculity said:

...Ced already confirmed with the staff that they are only restoring characters with 105 max level, no tekgram, all imprint, as if they restore them from other issues other than now. 

Have a read

Thats not "recovering", thats more of a huge slap in the face. Its rather unfair, truth be told.

yeees... And Chris confirmed on reddit they are rolling backups of the servers that dont have the correct ones. So, if you lost a char because it was on a server that currently has a 2-day old backup you will recover your char as soon as they re-deploy the server with the right backup, taken before the servers went down for patch some hours ago.

2 minutes ago, arkark said:

I think your being overly optimistic, I doubt they brought the servers back up to let people play for 6hrs or 2 days whatever the case maybe just to bide the time to find the right save point to take them back down and reload them. The back lash would be huge from the rest of the players for letting it go on for so long, for those of us that lost characters/dino's we will get a 105 character and if they do give dino's it will be 150's which is like what vaculity said a gut punch.

Just now, CowBoyKillers said:

I think your being overly optimistic, I doubt they brought the servers back up to let people play for 6hrs or 2 days whatever the case maybe just to bide the time to find the right save point to take them back down and reload them. The back lash would be huge from the rest of the players for letting it go on for so long, for those of us that lost characters/dino's we will get a 105 character and if they do give dino's it will be 150's which is like what vaculity said a gut punch.

omg, read this topic. My server extinction 464 has been fixed. It appeared with a bad backup from 2 days ago (same as the other servers where ppl have lost chars) and like 1h 30m ago they took it down and loaded the right backup, leading to my phoenix reappearing at base.

Just now, arkark said:

omg, read this topic. My server extinction 464 has been fixed. It appeared with a bad backup from 2 days ago (same as the other servers where ppl have lost chars) and like 1h 30m ago they took it down and loaded the right backup, leading to my phoenix reappearing at base.

yes I read that, and that cluster of servers was basically a one off you said earlier 462 463 464 were taken down and restored with the correct backup if you had followed this thread you would of read where I said very few servers had a 2 day roll back most were 20-30 mins.  I have 3 characters in limbo ATM on center, abb, rag and none of them had a 2 day roll back. 

Let me try to explain the timeline of what I believe has happened, just for better comprehension.

- They announced new patch, took down the servers
- The new patch had a bug, destroyed a lot of vaults
- They applied a rollback however the rollback was not good, some servers rollbacked to the right point before patch, others did to 2 days ago save
- At this point people started complaining they lost char and wildcard issued the message about character replacement
- Some people realized their servers were in a save that it was from 2 days ago, not a recent one
- Chris replied on reddit they are fixing those servers, by installing the right backup
- At this point some servers are already recovered to the correct backup (mine for example). But others are not yet.

1 minute ago, CowBoyKillers said:

yes I read that, and that cluster of servers was basically a one off you said earlier 462 463 464 were taken down and restored with the correct backup if you had followed this thread you would of read where I said very few servers had a 2 day roll back most were 20-30 mins.  I have 3 characters in limbo ATM on center, abb, rag and none of them had a 2 day roll back. 

Well, if there is a 20-30 min window they lack backup of Im not aware. Probably those people have lost their char for real, but given it is a small window I dont think it will affect lot of ppl, maybe 50-100 ppl.

I know nothing about what backups were used, my aberration server is dead.  zero people on it.  My char is still missing.  No response all day , don't expect one for a week at best.

Just logged into my kids account that I haven't been on in several days, his character is lost as well.  and he hasn't used it , only I have and that was over a a week ago. I think aberration266 got one of those bad backups as well.

22 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I know nothing about what backups were used, my aberration server is dead.  zero people on it.  My char is still missing.  No response all day , don't expect one for a week at best.

Just logged into my kids account that I haven't been on in several days, his character is lost as well.  and he hasn't used it , only I have and that was over a a week ago. I think aberration266 got one of those bad backups as well.

maybe its worth posting the server numbers on the reddit thread because they ackledged they finished the first pass but missed some.

so thats it? they screw things.. lose our chars.. we lose months/years of time.. submit a ticket.. and what? wait 15 days? a friend who lost a char told me they took about 15 days to give his imprints back.. what we supose to do for 15 days?? and no admin will answer anything.. come on wc.. this is not how u treat ppl.. 

So when they say you get your imprints back, how does that work? does the replacement character already have the imprints set so no matter where my mounts are, i'm good? or do they have to reset all my animals, across 6 servers?  This last whole year has been almost nothing but raising, and I have hundreds of 100% imprinted animals set to my character across a few servers.

losing engrams sucks, but I can get those back.  I can't get back the time spent imprinting all my favorite babies.

3 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

So when they say you get your imprints back, how does that work? does the replacement character already have the imprints set so no matter where my mounts are, i'm good? or do they have to reset all my animals, across 6 servers?  This last whole year has been almost nothing but raising, and I have hundreds of 100% imprinted animals set to my character across a few servers.

losing engrams sucks, but I can get those back.  I can't get back the time spent imprinting all my favorite babies.

SAME HEAR AN SO MENEY OTHERS STILL NOT FIXED cluster 11

Archived