Lost Character and Tames

Fukushu

Hello everyone,

I have lost my 121 character 2 days ago and today a gm showed up, gave me 104 levels and told me that he can't give me my ascensions back. 

He can't give me anything in return (I paid for the two bosses because we are only 2 people and my friend doesn't play a lot).

I lost my character while transferring from Aberration to Ragnarok. The Ragnarok server crashed minutes after the transfer and my character was erased.

The offered help is a joke and it took 15 1/2 days for a gm to show up. (due to other reasons)

Has this ever happened to anyone? How can this even be?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This happens very often, they just cant give you your boss engrams back only lvl 105 sadly.

There isnt really anything to do about it and its very unfortunate that u waited 15 1/2 days for the GM to show up, this can happen but sometimes they have very fast responses like i had once. I got an answer in 4 hours so it really depends on how many tickets / other stuff they have to do.

I lost my character lvl 130, i didnt bother to waste my time and a gms time because i play official with alot of people so lvling is no problem for us.

Do u play official if so i could help u get more lvls.

43 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@Aylana314159 why is such a thing not possible? They have the same commands as in single player and you can do nearly everything in there. This game is 4 years old, shouldn't someone have been able to think about a solution ? 

Because there is no command to give another player engrams, or any command at all to gift boss kill credit.
As someone hosting an unofficial cluster, in such cases (thankfully extremely rare) I'd have to set up an empty server where the player can use admin commands to summon and kill the boss themselves.
Imprints were also mentioned - they are tied to survivor ID, and that requires save file editing to change for example, and could easily lead to abuse allowing multiple people to get the rider bonus.
Having the same commands as SP is no help if SP has no such commands either. Your best solution is an unofficial server where the admin is able and willing to jump through the required hoops to fix more bothersome issues such as this one.

5 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@Aylana314159 why is such a thing not possible? They have the same commands as in single player and you can do nearly everything in there. This game is 4 years old, shouldn't someone have been able to think about a solution ? 

Its a WC decision on what they will offer. Technically they could just backup your character file, i do this. But WC dosen't.

My solution is to play on servers with proper admins.

They can't recover your lost boss achievements, but I can recover your entire character back down to the last molecule. Per hour backup. But it would probably be a pain in the butt to recover characters the way I can on Unofficial. I take a backup save, and load it into the Backup server and get you to log into that and move your character into the main cluster. This recovers your character back.

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

They don't restore original characters. They just give you a bit of experience.

Not for me they didn't. I've lost tons of chars. After the second I just gave up asking cause they dont do anything about it. They just respond with "We have reviewed your ticket blah blah blah and unfortunantly in this circumstance we won't do anything. No exp or nothing.

2 minutes ago, Barik said:

Not for me they didn't. I've lost tons of chars. After the second I just gave up asking cause they dont do anything about it. They just respond with "We have reviewed your ticket blah blah blah and unfortunantly in this circumstance we won't do anything. No exp or nothing.

Probably just someone copying/pasting the least effort response. I guess GM/support has no customer service type review process. 

Just now, Barik said:

Ahh so both GMs i got weren't helpful... wish I had known this back before they boosted all servers.

Yeah. Sometimes you have to report again until you get a GM that will actually help you. I noticed a trend that some GM will use the "internal policy" excuse not to help people, when its not even against the company's policy in the first place since they are the one who messed up with their game mechanics.

If you get that kind of message that you posted, don't bother arguing back, just create another report, because they will immediately close the ticket if you try to argue back with no hesitation when they get back.

27 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

This is just horrible, so many people had lost their chars over the years and they didn't push for a solution.... Shouldn't such a thing be top priority ? 

It's nice that at least some admins on unofficial care but I'm playing with a friend and he won't start on unofficial.

The solution would be fixing the problem of losing characters in the first place. 

I lost a character recently when i downloaded it to a server that then crashed before it could do the save it does every 15 minutes. So it was rolled back a bit when it came back up, and it did not have my char saved. The ark data didnt have it either because it does not roll back or gets info about the server rollback. The same could happen if you tramsfer to a server shortly before it goes down for an update i think. 

Submit a request if your char was really deleted, and the devs will replace your char up to lvl 105 and with imprints (but no ascension or tek grams). 

Archived