DLCs on the Switch might be coming soon (Ark Nintendo Switch DLC, Tek railgun)

BarkyArkPlayer

if you go in Creative mode (GCM) using console commands and type "gfi Sniper 1 1 0" you will be given the TekGram for a Tek Railgun. i play on the switch with 0 DLCs and this railgun is only on Aberration. it is currently unusable even with "learnengrams" on. try this for yourselves and see what i mean. this 100% hints to a new boss and/or new Tekgrams. Have a nice day and thanks for reading :) also 

• BarkyArkPlayer changed the title to DLCs on the Switch might be coming soon (Ark Nintendo Switch DLC, Tek railgun)
  • 2 months later...

Here’s the thing, when they were porting Ark: Survival Evolved to Switch, they had to keep all of the DLCs in or the game would not function properly. Basically Ragnarok, the Center, Aberration, and Scorched Earth are basically what make Ark work on Switch. If let’s say Scorched Earth is removed out of the files, the game won’t function properly because there was many patches for Scorched Earth that affected also too other maps in the game. What Studio Abstraction Games did was they minimized all of the meshes and even removed a ton of models but not the assets or coding that makes it function. I attempted to see if you can go into the DLC maps in Ark on Switch and the result is you cannot. The game will freeze and lead you back into the Island map. You see, the maps are actually in the game but the models are removed. You may ask; “why did they remove the models and keep all of the assets in the game?”. Simple answer, Nintendo. Nintendo’s cartridges are super expensive and they would’ve ported the entire game and it’s DLCs but a 32gb SD card is super expensive so they did not port it on that, instead they did it on a cheaper 16gb SD card and we’re going to port the DLCs soon after the game launches.

Firstly, there are more than a few games that offer partial download in conjunction with a game card. Capcom has done this & rumor suggests Witcher Switch will do the same

Secondly, Scorched Earth is paid for dlc, not free & not an asset use for basic Ark on any of the other consoles...same with Abberration & any of the other paid for DLC's with seperate memory cache.

Thirdly you are just as likely trying to access a DLC socket that has nothing written in it yet as its not purchased.( as far as land mass goes) I appreciate your interest & speculation but advise you not try to pass it off as expertise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is quite a shame that this thread started in April and now that the year is starting to come to an end there is still no news. The switch version was my first real foray into Ark, even though I was already interested in it, and that fact that it really went nowhere is kind of mind boggling. Especially since the announcement of Genesis. It has nearly been an entire year, a new DLC for all the other platforms, and various updates later and still nothing to even start bringing the Switch up to speed. Even my profile here does not have a place to mark that I own the Switch version, I checked today even, but there is certainly a place to check for the mobile version.

Dear Wildcard if you happen to be reading these sites,

You are sitting on a golden goose that is laying the golden eggs in front of you. I owned the switch version since I dont have any other options and I very much enjoyed it. sure the graphics were minimal but it was manageable.  If you were to sell the DLC for switch and even one day Genesis I believe everyone would be happy to pay for it again!!! Ark was a masterpiece in its story and gameplay and without the other DLC its incomplete and unfulfilling. If you were to release on switch you would be making a fortune from loyal fans. I dont understand why you wouldn't want to go for such a ripe opportunity. 

Here's to hoping you go all in on the Switch Wildcard. dont abandon something that has so much potential and listen to your fans. Thank you 

• 5 months later...

Switch United

Hey everybody. Does anyone know of getting switch dlc? Or perhaps a way to force wildcard to get it for us? Anyway, I created this thread so we can show wildcard the fanbase on the switch. I know the devs have been generally unresponsive recently, but I'm still trying for dlc. I have over 900 hours on the base map so I really want the dlc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ark For All

Im sure im sending this message in vain, and im sure there are other businessesy reasons to your decision, but please, for the love of god add updates to the switch version! Im not exactly mad, i just feel a little cheated. There's no dlc, its still riddled with bugs, including one that makes the floor turn invisible, and i still paid as much as someone who bought it on xbone or ps4. You can't even password protect a non-dedicated server. It gives you a prompt to pick a password, but it dosen't ask people to enter it to join the game. The one and only time i tried to do that some griefers came in and c4'd my hut.  From what i heard WC stopped funding the sector/company in charge of updates and porting dlc. I know switch isn't the best machine for this game, but its still portable ark. Would a petition work? And let me reiterate, im not mad. Just disappointed. Anyways thank for letting me rant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I absolutely have to second this. I know the switch version isn't as polished as the others but there is still loads of fun to be had!! I have loads of hours on all platforms but would love for the switch to be updated in line with the other versions. I for one will happily pay for all the DLC - please take my money!! 

I appreciate its a 3rd party who ported and would develop further - does anyone know who this is so I can contact them? 

• 6 months later...

Archived