StolenLoyalty

XBOX 1 dino's, structures and map markers - XBOX1 solo local play only

Posted (edited)

I've been playing for 3 years- never online. I play for the build only- always bigger and better than the last structure I built and only in competition with my self. I have been playing the Island for the last 2 years or so and had every cave and explorers note discovered plus 7 crazy bases. Crap ton of hours into this world. A few days ago I get on and it takes me to the respawn map but my needs aren't there so I pick random- NOT new character and when it loads everything is gone; dino's, structures, inventory, map markers. What can I do?

Edited by StolenLoyalty

Saved file corruption. I had this happen a few times last year. The problem is that consoles don't have an option for backing up files. Only PC has that. It's a common issue on Xbox and PS4 alike, and I see threads like it all the time. Don't count on it being fixed, ever. I hate to say, the only option is to actually switch to PC, since you have backups on there, but not a lot of people can afford to get a PC good enough to play ARK. I had this happen last year on a dedicated server, hundreds of hours of my work and other people's gone in an instant, I was totally steamed and I never wanted to play the game again after that. I eventually got so tired of this affecting many of my games on Xbox to where I switched to PC, for fear that my singleplayer saves or other games might get affected. It was probably the biggest relief of my whole career of gaming. Though, It's a terrible bug that only seems to get worse with every update. The Extinction and Winter Wonderland updates have pretty much crippled ARK on consoles near to the point of unplayability. Like I said, I see threads like this all the time on the bug reports section on console. Only console. Also I see threads like this on mobile sometimes (but that is a whole different ball game, it's ARK but pay to win, haha), and not even talking about the absolute joke of a port that is ARK on the Nintendo Switch, and absolutely nothing about it. Complete radio silence from Wildcard. I honestly don't know what to say, because there's not much to say about it. You have to start over. The worst part is, a file corruption is going to happen again at some point. 100 percent. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day, it will happen, and you'll be SOL and back to square one again. Like I said, no way to prevent it on any platform except PC. And I really do apologize if I sounded like a PC elitist.

11 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

@Level4Gaming Nitrado is my singleplayer

I know there's backups on there, but it's complicated to set up even with the app, and the servers (in my experience) can be fairly unreliable. It's advertised as having full access to INI options, which is somewhat true, but in my experience, that was also proven to be false. I don't know if I was doing something wrong or what, but I have lists of ini's I use on PC (one of which is to override the official server difficulty from 5 to 6) and another was changing certain dino spawns (eg. making annoying stuff like pegos less common). It actually took me forever to get it to work for a Nitrado server I had hosted for over 6 months, and while it was way better than any dedicated server I was using, it was getting very expensive because the price really does add up after a while, There is a problem, that is, you can ONLY use Nitrado for Xbox and PS4, and they can be very expensive, especially for larger groups of people, while PC has access to different providers, most of which are much cheaper, and easier to use. Though there's a lot of people who only enjoy singleplayer, and sorry to sound like a PC elitist, but it IS their only option if they want an enjoyable Singleplayer experience. If that's Wildcard's goal, is pushing people to Nitrado servers and PC, well damn, they're doing a really good job of it. The quality of the game on console is absolutely horrific, I personally have nothing against consoles, but like I said, the quality of certain games (Ark being an example) is nothing on console compared to it's PC counterpart, making those kinds of games look like rushed, money grabs. Personally I think ARK was originally not going to become a thing on consoles, and I don't think it would have happened if it wasn't for the large demand for the game and if people didn't beg for it.