Demolishing one piece brought down whole wall.

skeeta

This is a bug but I've no idea if it's just Xbox related or global. 

I have a perimeter fence that's 6 walls high. It's made from fence supports, a large wall and 2 single walls on top. Most of the very top walls are standard but every so often there's a sloped wall to account for hight deferences. All the fence supports are snapped together.

Last night I decided to add a gate in the middle so needed a gap. The very first wall I demolished was at the very top (just happened to be sloped) but removing it brought down pretty much my whole perimeter fence. The only walls left standing are where theres a hight change. 

The log says I just demolished a sloped wall but it actually took away over 100 large walls and the small ones on top.

The wall I destroyed was only snapped to the single wall beneath it so this is a huge bug. I'm not going to be doing anything to the base building itself until this is fixed. Don't want to lose all my Tek stuff by bringing the whole thing down.

Things like that have always been in the game. Once i built a pillar wall and when i deleted a pillar on the left, one on the right collapsed as well... it might also be related to the homestead structures, i found that the structural support of the triangle ceilings works like a chain logic, so if the one you placed forst gets destroyed all the others get destroyed to, even tho the touch a wall that is on a foundation. The large walls seem pretty weird as well regarding support. Maybe the same goes for the fence supports?

The same has happened to me a few times.  Before I build anything nowadays I actually plan things out in writing and sometimes drawing.  That way it lets me easily delete a piece off of paper without having to waste resources in the game.  If you can add subtract multiply and sometimes divide it really helps to pre plan on paper

6 minutes ago, gimmeaname said:

The same has happened to me a few times.  Before I build anything nowadays I actually plan things out in writing and sometimes drawing.  That way it lets me easily delete a piece off of paper without having to waste resources in the game.  If you can add subtract multiply and sometimes divide it really helps to pre plan on paper

Or in singleplayer with creative mode ;)

If you have structures connected via fence foundations (and now fence supports) there is a good chance this is going to happen when you delete something. My OCD compels me to build everything aligned and symmetrical so I use fence foundations a lot. Is not rare that when I demolish something on my wall, one or even a few, behemoth gateways get demoed too.

It's really annoying.

59 minutes ago, acat said:

Things like that have always been in the game. Once i built a pillar wall and when i deleted a pillar on the left, one on the right collapsed as well... it might also be related to the homestead structures, i found that the structural support of the triangle ceilings works like a chain logic, so if the one you placed forst gets destroyed all the others get destroyed to, even tho the touch a wall that is on a foundation. The large walls seem pretty weird as well regarding support. Maybe the same goes for the fence supports?

Remember, fence foundation doesn't support ceiling. The only way what the OP is describing can happen is if they used pillars or regular foundation to put up walls and then ran ceiling to the side and walls going down. Then they would have to remove the wall supporting the ceiling supporting the adjacent ceiling supporting the walls going doing. And even then it would be at most two vertical section of walls.

What I suspect is really going on here is that after the update, WC forgot to set the default on console to allow for the new homestead structures. Then when you logged in and interacted with anything connected to a homestead structure (the 4 high walls) it somehow triggered them all to be unconnected and they collapsed. Seems to be some PS4 users with this issue as well. (This is just my guess)

It's very similar to what happens to the P+ crowd almost every single update. The P+ structures go missing or unsupported and bases fall apart.

14 minutes ago, Vaiks said:

If you have structures connected via fence foundations (and now fence supports) there is a good chance this is going to happen when you delete something. My OCD compels me to build everything aligned and symmetrical so I use fence foundations a lot. Is not rare that when I demolish something on my wall, one or even a few, behemoth gateways get demoed too.

It's really annoying.

Yeah, fence foundations/supports have always been weird I know. But all the supports are still there after the walls went.

The wall I took away was literally on the top layer of the wall. One of the last bits I added. No amount of strangeness can really explain it.

5 hours ago, choroni said:

Ugh.... I hate to hear that this is still happening.  It was this bug in combination to some crazy lag that led to me quitting the game for a couple of years.  I will say that I haven't had this happen to me this time around, though.

It's annoying. Trying to install a Dino gate cost me hours of work and resources. 

I'd just done the 6 gig update so I assume it was something to do with that.

Archived