Advanced breeder, asking a dumb question.

Phishfry

Ok I assume that this topic has been covered somewhere but I am not able to find an answer.

So here it goes.  I have a somewhat strong boss rex line. decent males and female tames. not perfect tames but got decent points into hp 6700 after tame, and the breed out gave me 385 melee. 

I am currently breeding for mutations with a single stud stacked with the 3 hp mutations and 1 melee mutation. My system is to mass breed with same blood line 0/0 female “breed group” until I get a mutation. If it is male hatched with a mutation I simply replace the current stud..  If it is a female hatched I will breed her into a 0/0 male from the same blood that is Two generations away from the 0/0Wild Caught Male.  This will ensure the stats are equal except for the mutated stats.  This gives me a one sided mutation stack that I continue into the same female “0/0 breed group” all females were bred with no mutations and mirror images of the less desired stats for the purpose of maintaining a x/0 ratio of mutation.  I maintain records of all the stats for every single dino utilized in this boss bloodline so far.  I have pulled and bred a few cotton candy rexes but they are not registered as members of the boss line due to mutations that I deem undesirable for the boss blood line Ie. Food mutation and a pink belly region.  And if anyone would like me to post the current stats of my blood line I would be happy to.

OK I hope I have explained my system so here is my question.  I have noticed a sharp decline in desired mutations. I used to get one mutation on average every 6 to 8 hatches (24 eggs a hatch), now I haven’t had one in at least 14 hatches. With each clutch of eggs there are 4 or 5 different lvls 225,227,229,231,233  Here is what I think is happening.  I have one male carrying 2 different mutations, one in health one in melee.  He is getting bred against 6 females that have almost the same stats minus health and melee so now there are two rng rolls for each stat.  1.to see if the offspring will inherit the mutated stat, then 2.there is a roll to see if there is a new mutation.  I think I am mathematically slowing down the desirable effect of the system.   This creates in my a larger portion of less desirable offspring lowering the probability of gaining the desired mutations.  In my opinion I should upgrade my female group to mirror the current studs stats to remove a bit of the randomness.  But how can I do this, all my attempts of creating a “clean female” stack the mutations.  Do I need 0/0 females or could I breed a new group from my blood line that are 0/8 and have the same effect.  I would love to hear what you advanced breeders have to say.

Phishfry out

As long as there is less than 20/20 mutations on your female you will have the 2.5% chance of the female mutating the offspring. Once over 20/20 that parent can't mutate the offspring. 

I recommend you watch this video

Also I dc which mutation my dino gets until I get to max hatch level. Once you get to max dino level you can breed with a low oxy/food parent to lower the max level and allow for more mutations in your desired stats.

Mutations aren't remembered besides the mutation counter. The video does a better job at explaining but basically mutations change the dinos color region (unless it is a region selected your dino doesnt use), modify the stat of your dino (unless speed is chosen in which case your dino level will go up but you wont see a stat change) and +1 is added to the mutation counter which adds both muration counters of the parents. But besides this counter that adds the mutation counters of both parents it doesnt serve any purpose other than t

if you are 20/20 or over to prevent that parent from having a chance to mutate the offspring. The game doesnt remember which mutations change which colors and effects each stat becuase those are effects that are applied to the offspring when the mutation occurs. So if you have a dino that has had 4 mutations in melee for 440% melee the game sees it as your dino has 440% melee and not 420% +20% melee

8 hours ago, Phishfry said:

Ok I assume that this topic has been covered somewhere but I am not able to find an answer.

So here it goes.  I have a somewhat strong boss rex line. decent males and female tames. not perfect tames but got decent points into hp 6700 after tame, and the breed out gave me 385 melee. 

I am currently breeding for mutations with a single stud stacked with the 3 hp mutations and 1 melee mutation. My system is to mass breed with same blood line 0/0 female “breed group” until I get a mutation. If it is male hatched with a mutation I simply replace the current stud..  If it is a female hatched I will breed her into a 0/0 male from the same blood that is Two generations away from the 0/0Wild Caught Male.  This will ensure the stats are equal except for the mutated stats.  This gives me a one sided mutation stack that I continue into the same female “0/0 breed group” all females were bred with no mutations and mirror images of the less desired stats for the purpose of maintaining a x/0 ratio of mutation.  I maintain records of all the stats for every single dino utilized in this boss bloodline so far.  I have pulled and bred a few cotton candy rexes but they are not registered as members of the boss line due to mutations that I deem undesirable for the boss blood line Ie. Food mutation and a pink belly region.  And if anyone would like me to post the current stats of my blood line I would be happy to.

OK I hope I have explained my system so here is my question.  I have noticed a sharp decline in desired mutations. I used to get one mutation on average every 6 to 8 hatches (24 eggs a hatch), now I haven’t had one in at least 14 hatches. With each clutch of eggs there are 4 or 5 different lvls 225,227,229,231,233  Here is what I think is happening.  I have one male carrying 2 different mutations, one in health one in melee.  He is getting bred against 6 females that have almost the same stats minus health and melee so now there are two rng rolls for each stat.  1.to see if the offspring will inherit the mutated stat, then 2.there is a roll to see if there is a new mutation.  I think I am mathematically slowing down the desirable effect of the system.   This creates in my a larger portion of less desirable offspring lowering the probability of gaining the desired mutations.  In my opinion I should upgrade my female group to mirror the current studs stats to remove a bit of the randomness.  But how can I do this, all my attempts of creating a “clean female” stack the mutations.  Do I need 0/0 females or could I breed a new group from my blood line that are 0/8 and have the same effect.  I would love to hear what you advanced breeders have to say.

Phishfry out

Simple answer: Get a tamed or 0/0 breed and breed the crap out of it with the heavy mutated one until you get a clone of the stats. As to it being better another way? Not sure.

Someone will come and explain better the mechanics im sure

You are not lowering chance of getting actual new mutations, though you do have lower chance of having everything at once  (mutation on one important dad's stat and other important stat being picked from dad also) than you would have if parents stats were exactly the same.

From what I read, you are doing it right. I don't know any faster proper way to do it, apart from getting more 0/20 fems to mate with.

You are doing it right as far as I can see.

I count number of eggs I need to hatch for a HP or Dmg mutation and in my experience this has ranged from 100 to 500 eggs. The 500 eggs one was rare but frustrating as hell, a lot of work hatching, checking stats and killing all those babies.......lots of level ups though!!!

You are just going to need more 0/0 Females. You can't upgrade the females to the current studs stats as you will then halve your chances of a mutation by capping the mutation counter on one side.

I am doing the same with argents, Raptors, rexes, pteras and dodos. I keep breeding back like you said. I have a group of stats I want. Breed each pair to get double or triple high. Repeat until I have all stats high. I'd I get a mutation I keep this animal out of the line. When I get the full high then I breed for mutes on one side only

Archived