Anyone notice breeding issues when logged off?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Guest BubbaCrawfish

I've been pumping out a few dinos, and what I've noticed is that if I feed them up high enough to be on troughs (Or to have enough in thier inventory that they'll be fed up to and past the juvenile stage), and then log off, when I come back and they are fully grown, but they only have a quarter health when I log on.

I've just spent a few hours online with the breeding building out of stream, and the same thing has happened, where they're incredibly low on health despite that if I had been around them when they were maturing, they'd have been full health...

I know I've seen mentioning of this in the past, or situations related to the out-of-stream scenario, but I would've thought this would've been fixed already somehow...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Funnily enough I'm breeding daeodon, and equus... They aren't eating everything in thier inventory as as soon as they are juvenile they eat from the trough by preference.

As I said they are out of stream, but yet they aren't gaining the health, they are eating from the troughs though.

What happens is as soon as you log in, or come into stream they are EXTREMELY low health, and chew through their hunger replenishing the HP.

I end up switching passive healing on the adult daeodons to make them heal faster so they don't go hungry and chew through the trough faster than they should.

The reason I noticed it was I had a bred dino die, whilst I was doing other things around the base, thinking they were all good as they should've been full health as they'd done their growth.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It is to do with it derendering, as it's to do with the dinos being in stasis and not being 'there'... As I said when I log off, or am in another section of the map this occurs, but if I idle there it doesn't.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It is to do with it derendering, as it's to do with the dinos being in stasis and not being 'there'... As I said when I log off, or am in another section of the map this occurs, but if I idle there it doesn't.

I believe this is a bug that might have been re-introduced because it was fixed in the following version:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jatheish said:

v261.0
- Fixed an issue where dinos would not regenerate health while in stasis.

babies have always done this as far as i know. it has to do with the fact that nothing is calculated for stasis baby dinosaurs until they exit stasis. basically you go put it in stasis and the game knows what it's current hp was. then you bring it out later and it calculates whether or not it survived until adult, but it only remembers where the health was when it was put in stasis.

this also happens when the game decided whether or not the creature can feed from a trough. if it becomes a juvenile whilst in stasis they will not eat from the trough until they are rendered back in and the game realizes they have trough privelages. 

It has to make this check again if the server is reset in between renderings. ie. i raise a baby wolf to juvenile fill trough with cooked meat and leave, server resets while i am gone but i don't come back after the reset so the game doesn't know he can feed from the trough. i come back the next morning to a dead wolf and a full trough of cooked meat.

none of this is a problem on heavy traffic servers.

Also if nobody ever logs into a server at all nobody's dino's starve.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
48 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

none of this is a problem on heavy traffic servers.

That's quite an assumption that people do actually go all over the map on a server at all times.

It's not as if people go to herbivore island all the time, same with most of the south of the island map.

7 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

That's quite an assumption that people do actually go all over the map on a server at all times.

It's not as if people go to herbivore island all the time, same with most of the south of the island map.

actually it's just based on my experience, It has rarely happened to me on heavy traffic servers.  I apologize if i gave the impression that it was a universal fact, and that this has lead to problems for anyone.

Archived