Why are there no OCE PvP Classic servers?

Diggssy

I appreciate that the OCE is nowhere near the size of NA or EU, however with the amount assigned to our friends in the states and Europe, surely we are deserving of at least one cluster? Even if it means taking down servers that aren't being used in our network (which is what I thought was being done with the majority of the networks).

The OCE are often forgotten about when new game modes are brought online. I feel we should be given the same opportunities as other players when having paid the same amount wanting to experience new modes on stable pings. With something as new and refreshing as the classic PvP mode being of interest to a lot of people down this way, some resources towards our neck of the woods would also be nice.

So many of the OCE community were looking forward to some new clusters to play on with the classic PvP settings enabled. Is there any chance we can get at least one cluster brought online please?

Tempted to download Ark for my pc again to play classic pvp servers. I play the game on xbox cause I can't afford a gaming rig but I can run it on the lowest setting on my laptop at a whole 30fps! It would def be a downgrade for graphics and performance but it would be more intresting than the stale meta of smalltribes, official, arkpocoplyse and unofficial on xbox. 

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

I was told that hosting from Australia would be a laggy mess. I thus proved them wrong. Lol

You just need to make sure you have a decent host provider who can give the appropriate services. Wildcard could do it. The problem for them is cost versus gain. How many paying players are going to get into PvP Australia?

I mean. They have a bunch of servers that are used in Australia, then they have a lot that aren't being used. All we want is some of those dead servers to be repurposed in to a new Classic PvP mode.

Whilst the Oceanic area isn't as big as NA or EU, we're still 40 million people. The OCE community has always been supportive of servers down our way. I don't think it's that much of an ask to give us at least one cluster, when this is a highly publicised mode that the devs are wanting to push to test.

It's the same with Atlas. I can understand them wanting to restrict to 2 regions for now, but they mentioned more would come early this year. Haven't heard anything about OCE at all. Just want the devs to not forget about other populations outside of NA/EU. We buy and support the game, in volumes, as well. 

@Jen@lilpandaGuys, can we please look at repurposing some old OCE servers so that they can be turned in to a OCE cluster? 

I understand that new game modes don't tend to make it in to the OCE, but with Classic PvP, a demand would be there. Even if you weren't to include SE, just something fresh so we can all enjoy the hype of this new exciting mode as well.

I understand that technology might be an issue as it is not as readily available for OCE, however the standard official servers operate without any concern. Ark is SUCH a better experience on 30 ping rather then 200-300+. It would be nice for your consumers/fans to be able to access some of these more popular modes in our neck of the woods as well.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:52 AM, Diggssy said:

I appreciate that the OCE is nowhere near the size of NA or EU, however with the amount assigned to our friends in the states and Europe, surely we are deserving of at least one cluster? Even if it means taking down servers that aren't being used in our network (which is what I thought was being done with the majority of the networks).

The OCE are often forgotten about when new game modes are brought online. I feel we should be given the same opportunities as other players when having paid the same amount wanting to experience new modes on stable pings. With something as new and refreshing as the classic PvP mode being of interest to a lot of people down this way, some resources towards our neck of the woods would also be nice.

So many of the OCE community were looking forward to some new clusters to play on with the classic PvP settings enabled. Is there any chance we can get at least one cluster brought online please?

as per Lilpanda:

"Typically with special gamemodes we don't support OC servers as the hardware is harder to get and the specs are not as good as our NA/EU ones. Same reason we don't typically support Asia ones either."

https://arkdevtracker.com/?post=azzdxyma

Archived