SquiffyMcSquiff

Terrain re-write, dinos and structures gone

Since installing the latest patch today (02 April 19) we seem to have lost pretty much everything on our server. I’m playing with a few friends on a host Xbox for about 6 months, after updating today we’ve all logged in to find we’re all dead, our base buildings are still there but no longer belongs to the tribe and where there were rocks/trees/etc these have respawned in the middle of our structures. Of our dinos  half of them seem to have turned wild and so have either killed or been killed by our tames. We would be obviously devastated if it’s game over for us, we’re a small pve group and have obviously put in hundreds of hours to get where we are, is there any way of loading a previous save or any suggestions on how we might be able to get our game back from yesterday?

i suspect it’s probably game over but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, if anyone has ever played 7 days to die this is very reminiscent of an MD5 error

Our server is having this issue as well, going back to a backup supposedly saved this morning it pushes us back to YESTERDAY morning, losing a whole day for everyone still. Even with the backup restore we don't own buildings or tames. Something is seriously messed up. I'll be writing a support ticket.

We’ve just shut the server down for now, I don’t think any of us can face that this evening!! We’re still pretty green on the game and haven’t messed with any admin commands or anything like that yet so sill need to do some research and convene a tribe meeting to decide if we carry on, start again or just give the game a break. It’s only a game but it’s kinda heartbreaking to lose all that progress and the majority of our dinos (not to mention my faithful tames are now wild and trying to kill us! 😂)

Yeah we are thinking of doing the same. I am unable to send in a nitrado support ticket, even. We have 8 large bases that need to be fixed in this and we just don't have the time for that with other life issues going on at the same time. I'm crossing my fingers and trying another roll back.

Posted (edited)

Ours is hosted on a “spare” Xbox rather than Nitrado, looking at the technical support info and response to the ticket I logged I gather playing it this way equals a ‘tough poopy, you’re on your own!’ Type response, which is kinda harsh 😞

Good luck with your roll back, is that something you can do yourself or is it through Nitrado? 

We have one huge base where we have a communal area and each of us has our own ‘house’ then a few mini-bases dotted around that took me (IRL) days to build so maybe not as much work for us, I think losing most of our dinos is more devistating than the structures, all our ‘soldiers’ that we use for boss fighting and most of our high level breeding pairs have all turned on each other and wiped each other out!!

Edited by SquiffyMcSquiff
Typos

Yes there are save files i can go back to inside of Nitrado, not sure how or if you can via hosting on your own xbox. I've been going back little by little trying to find the save before everything messed up, but it seems that no matter how far back i got some of the issues are still persisting. I am at a loss as to what to do now. I keep trying new things, but it seems either tames, building or players are going to be messed up no matter what I try. The fact that dinos are turning wild (IDK about you, but ours still have their NAMES ; I.E Thorgi the rex is now wild and free, but guess he like dhis name enough to keep it) is really bothering me, because now I'm afraid it will continue to happen. 

Same has happened to me lost everything structures dinos all gone spent hours and hours with my son .who really enjoys this game until this happend it's not the first time as well why is this happening 

It's very disheartening and I have  just perchanced the new world 

OFFICIAL PVP RAGNORAK ,    had a motor boat i built yesterday before patch, 5x6 metal foundations  used the " large walls " feature they added to make it high enough for a metal dino gate, cielings and turrets on top...  and if you guessed ... you guessed right...  they now removed placing these "large walls" without warning so my motorboat this morning was totally  exposed, no more walls , cielings and turrets all gone , hatchframes on sides with turrets all gone, ammo gone  TIME  gone ,  LIFE wasted lol.    One cannot reset on official i assume so what the heck.  Posted a ticket, not sure what good that will do but now i cannot re place these large walls so its forsure a fix they did not mention.   my dung beetlle must be set to not wander for him to wander...   my tribes ammo in his boats are missing half... lol ..     how do i recommend this game to a friend without warning him ' you will waste your time  doing NOTHING "

On 4/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, 13unni said:

Our server is having this issue as well, going back to a backup supposedly saved this morning it pushes us back to YESTERDAY morning, losing a whole day for everyone still. Even with the backup restore we don't own buildings or tames. Something is seriously messed up. I'll be writing a support ticket.

(Also goes to the OP)
Saved file corruption. I had this happen a few times last year. Consoles lack a backup option by the way, so there's no way to restore anything. Game over.