Will PvE ever get some loving?

huntlythe3rd

Cryopods and fridges were recently added plus the ability to raise at your leisure, simplify kibble, change imprints with cryo, and mating timer tick down in cryo. The Extinction map is largely a PvE map both in adding corrupted to give pve players greater wild dino threats, ease of getting element plus farming dust to transfer element to the home bases, plus just the engrams. Taxidermy tools to display your colorful mutes without adding lag of dino animation or affecting tribe/server tame cap. I know not everybody uses it but it's there and added for that use.

I think early PvE was lacking. They added ORP but nothing else added was PvE centric for awhile but the last few updates, including homestead, have been very PvE centric so not sure what else they could add.

Think bug fixing should take priority for time being. Namely upgrading servers to better handle dino animations and buildings upon every load in.

What does PvE need?

Events that are actually dangerous. Base defense. Waves of creatures.

Pillar seeking dinos.

Limits on tribe land hoarding.

More no build areas. Prevent blocking of key resources, caves, dino spawns, rivers. So legitimate pillars are no longer needed.

Bigger buffer area between non-allies.

In-game methods of conflict resolution. (Cough: pvp). But really more diplomacy mechanics.

Better community sharing options. Like public dinos and such.

Lower tame limits to force cryopod usage.

5 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

In-game methods of conflict resolution. (Cough: pvp). But really more diplomacy mechanics.

Isn’t that already a thing with Tribe Wars? Still to this day, I’ve never actually set one up but I know for sure that it allows timed based PvP between tribes that have declared war upon eachother.

5 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Isn’t that already a thing with Tribe Wars? Still to this day, I’ve never actually set one up but I know for sure that it allows timed based PvP between tribes that have declared war upon eachother.

Tribe A declares war on tribe B.

Tribe B is under no obligation to accept.

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

Thats not exactly the type of diplomacy i was talking about. Both parties have to be willing to let war decide their fate. Might as well flip a coin or do paper-rock-scissors.

Ok. Well they could use that tribe war system as framework for diplomacy. We all know it’s much easier to bastardise than start from scratch.

I'm a firm believer that they need to fix the PVE War settings. It's terrible that people can talk trash pillar your base in kite multiple dinos to you. And then have the option to accept or NOT ACCEPT WAR . There are just as many bullies in PVE As in PVP if not more. Simply do to the fact they know they can get away with it. Because all they have to do is not accept war. 

2 hours ago, huntlythe3rd said:

Seems like PvE is kinda a forgotten concept with official servers, do you think they'll add anything to cater to pve players?

OSDs and Element Veins are a cool addition to PvE!  The Titans, not-so-much because they are open-kill and a really lovely target to PvE trolls/griefers.  Tribe A kicks off Titan summon to tame, Tribe B just kills it, takes the loot, and laughs.  But OSDs are good fun!  Lots of dinos, lots of damage.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

1 hour ago, Gildart said:

I'm a firm believer that they need to fix the PVE War settings. It's terrible that people can talk trash pillar your base in kite multiple dinos to you. And then have the option to accept or NOT ACCEPT WAR . There are just as many bullies in PVE As in PVP if not more. Simply do to the fact they know they can get away with it. Because all they have to do is not accept war. 

In 7300 hours on official, I've seen one single declaration of war.  It was actually an insider job too, the warred-upon tribe added a guy to their tribe who was an "agent" for a well known server-griefer because the agent transferred his main survivor and made a new one.  Once he was in the warred-upon tribe, he simply waited until that night, when the other tribe members went offline, met with the well known server-griefer, declared war, accepted, and then watched and laughed as the server-griefer ate all his wood structures and tames with a Giga.

2 hours ago, Cedric said:

PvE is important!  This was heavily talked about while designing OSD's and Element Veins.  It's something we do take into consideration when designing things.

pve is great but options in the settings to allow things like flier speed stat upgrades would help make pve more pve-ish. many things have ruined pve ark and could have settings in the menu to allow for those things to be enabled like with tribe wars and cave flying and able to pick up dinos. options like those for other things that were removed from ark or changed due to "improvements" on pvp.

Archived