Classic PVP

acat

15 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I am a casual player and I love playing on official PVP not just that but even though I get raided hard me and my small tribe still hold their own, this even with a full time job and only getting to play now and then and mostly only on weekends. Yet I will still throw myself at the PvP wall full force despite my casual non commitment based approach and I enjoy every moment of it, Please do not tell me or anyone else what is or isnt for us, we can decide that for ourselves thank you. None of this if you arent a super competitive ark player with tons of time on your hands then official pvp isnt for you bull:poop:. I will decide if I dont want to play PvP anymore for myself thank you very much, and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I am glad to hear that you are a small tribe that plays on official pvp. I don't mean to disparage anyone like you. I was addressing players that want to turn classics into another 6man like cluster, instead of what it's suppose to be - officials with no tek, no dlc.

13 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

I am glad to hear that you are a small tribe that plays on official pvp. I don't mean to disparage anyone like you. I was addressing players that want to turn classics into another 6man like cluster, instead of what it's suppose to be - officials with no tek, no dlc.

Well, you want to turn it into a big tribe cluster instead of a small tribe cluster... i think its good the way it is. But i see how the player numbers are decreasing, so something about the concept is flawed.

24 minutes ago, acat said:

Well, you want to turn it into a big tribe cluster instead of a small tribe cluster... i think its good the way it is. But i see how the player numbers are decreasing, so something about the concept is flawed.

I'll tell you the issue on our cluster. The alpha stomps everyone. nakeds on the beach. It's extremely difficult to fly under their radar. We'll get some diehards in here who will claim that is "pvp" but what isn't PVP is the constant stream of vulgarity from them after they do it, mixed with a heaping spoonful of racist/sexist comments. The entire server is extremely toxic. They really need to get to reports about this kind of stuff faster.

Alphas need to realize that if you curb stomp every single noob on the server and don't even let them get cloth, the server is going to die. If that's the way you want to play, just host a local server.

3 hours ago, acat said:

It's not a big tribe cluster. You can play a small or even a solo tribe there, just like officials. . 

3 hours ago, crossmr said:

I'll tell you the issue on our cluster. The alpha stomps everyone. nakeds on the beach. It's extremely difficult to fly under their radar. We'll get some diehards in here who will claim that is "pvp" but what isn't PVP is the constant stream of vulgarity from them after they do it, mixed with a heaping spoonful of racist/sexist comments. The entire server is extremely toxic. They really need to get to reports about this kind of stuff faster.

Alphas need to realize that if you curb stomp every single noob on the server's and don't even let them get cloth, the server is going to die. If that's the way you want to play, just host a local server.

It won't always be like that. Right now people trying to get established as alpha, and that requires eliminating all competition. Transfers are going to open up soon and they are preparing for that. Once alphas become established the meta will change, they will start allowing bobs again. They will prepare for wars against alphas from other servers and begin to encourage and protect bob tribes in order to bolster their server numbers. Trust me on this, I have seen this meta shift play out on transfer locked new servers again and again many times from when WC released fresh servers last summer to Extinction servers.

Improve pickup capability for farming with tribemates with the Ankylo and Doedicurus with an argentavis.  Doed gets pushed into the mesh too easy making it hard to pick up with the argent while a tribemate is on it, so you have to put it on a rock and break it to pick it up much easier.  Same issue can happen with an ankylo but isn't as frustrating to deal with.  

Also, not sure if weapons are supposed to round down to 200% on server transfer.  Heard Classic has a new weapon cap but not sure if that is true.  Everytime we transfer weapons, bp's, or armor the values can get changed and rounded down from 232% for example for a weapon to 200% when xfered to a different server.

Lastly, not sure if the structures decay timer was supposed to no longer show up.  Can't see the timer at all on anything.

4 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

Improve pickup capability for farming with tribemates with the Ankylo and Doedicurus with an argentavis.  Doed gets pushed into the mesh too easy making it hard to pick up with the argent while a tribemate is on it, so you have to put it on a rock and break it to pick it up much easier.  Same issue can happen with an ankylo but isn't as frustrating to deal with.  

Also, not sure if weapons are supposed to round down to 200% on server transfer.  Heard Classic has a new weapon cap but not sure if that is true.  Everytime we transfer weapons, bp's, or armor the values can get changed and rounded down from 232% for example for a weapon to 200% when xfered to a different server.

Lastly, not sure if the structures decay timer was supposed to no longer show up.  Can't see the timer at all on anything.

Yes weapons are nerfed on purpose to 200%, clubs to 150%. That you cant see structure decay is not unique to classic servers. Wildcard disabled that for a few weeks on all official servers because of the many character losses that appeared after that little rollback they did a while ago. 

The main things I would request is keep classic servers as they are now. Never introduce Tek or Abberation/ Extinction DLC content. No TEK means that classic is refreshingly free from the terrible unraidable cave base meta that afflicts official PVP. No Abberation means every map is worth farming on. Instead of people farming stupid high amount of resources on Ab. And most crucially no Extinction means no titans making land bases impossible, no stupid snow owls that heal soakers for free. Classics is a breath of fresh air for people who felt alienated by tek and DLCs turning ARK into something else from the game they enjoyed and supported during early access. Please keep it this way dont turn it into officials 2.0 !

14 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

They need a pvp mode like conan. Idk what it's called but something like pve c. Basically it's pve but there's times where players can fight/kill without damage to their structures. I'd be all for that kinda pvp/pve. Be sat camping waiting outside a troll's base like it's purge night.?Dafont 192.168.1.1 FileHippo

•  

2 hours ago, Alexis00 said:

Giga, Paracer, Quetzal, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming”

you see that’s not classic pvp.. that weird pvp

Well all of those creatures were not part of the game when it was released in early access. They were in before scorched earth dropped, yes, but if they do major chnges anyways, why not make some that improve the balance as well? Paracers and quetzals allow for some pretty cheesy tactics that surely were not intended when they were introduced. Tapejaras i am not sure why they were removed, and gigas were probably removed because they make other damage dealing dinos kinda useless. And if gigas are taken out, you also have to take out titans.

I like it.

21 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

The main things I would request is keep classic servers as they are now. Never introduce Tek or Abberation/ Extinction DLC content. No TEK means that classic is refreshingly free from the terrible unraidable cave base meta that afflicts official PVP. No Abberation means every map is worth farming on. Instead of people farming stupid high amount of resources on Ab. And most crucially no Extinction means no titans making land bases impossible, no stupid snow owls that heal soakers for free. Classics is a breath of fresh air for people who felt alienated by tek and DLCs turning ARK into something else from the game they enjoyed and supported during early access. Please keep it this way dont turn it into officials 2.0 !

YES!

If they really wanted to make an actual classic PvP, they should offer the Island pre-biome and only the original dinos. Metal bases would actually be hard to build up (no easymode CP from beavers) and so would be farming pearls on the island.

I would dare go further and say that the Island should be the only map. SE broke a LOT of things when it first released.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 5:21 PM, Darkholis said:

If they really wanted to make an actual classic PvP, they should offer the Island pre-biome and only the original dinos. Metal bases would actually be hard to build up (no easymode CP from beavers) and so would be farming pearls on the island.

I would dare go further and say that the Island should be the only map. SE broke a LOT of things when it first released.

yes... realy classic. Year 2015 / 2016

Archived