Community Crunch 175: Classic PVP, Console Patch, Eggcellent Adventure Returns, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 4/1/2019 at 8:20 PM, Arkane27 said:

Please find a way to make Cryopods a level 100 engram and craftable in a fabricator.

This is a huge quality of life change essential for any game mode.

As per old crunch.

Keep quetzals but remove their platform saddles.

Quetzals are an essential tame. They are invaluable for simply taming and transporting animals. But im all for removing the cheese methods that paracer and quetzals enable. 

Ummmm...... I think removing quetzal platform saddles would be terrible.... Unless you just mean in official or Classic PVP?

Please remember there are people who okay this game very different and find different uses and love for it. Like I play single player and build beautiful traveling bases many for sightseeing and safaris on quetzal platform saddles. And I like having a mobile Dimorphodon turret and be starting to carry Pteranadons, tapes, and Raptors,that I can use for element veins because I abhor using gigas.

Don't limit others fun and imagination because you don't like others lack of one.

Has there ever been a thought on giving every creature in the game a sleep and rest animation like the megalosaurus so when you get back to your base you can put them to sleep and it will cause them to heal faster but not take up as much food just saying I think it would be an awesome feature to the game 

Am I the only one who thinks that hit for hit PVP combat is boring, stale and pointless? I mean the only strategy for that is 'biggest health and damage pool wins'. What Wildcard needs to do is refine their pvp so it's a more interesting and unique style of gameplay with dodging and combo mechanics for both players and animals. They need to have secret animal ability combos that animals can do together for devastating effects example: Managarmr and Poison Wyvern are a great combo, one freezes, the other poison bombs.  As it is now I never play PVP. I don't see a lot of fun and enjoyment in standing on a paracer and soaking bullets, or just mashing the  attack button till a wall breaks or something similar. PVP in this game has been dead since day one. The only thing that is keeping this game alive is the fact you can breed, tame and ride dinosaurs. PVE should get a lot more love in terms of things to do and style of progression. More dungeons, world bosses, exploring and areas of interest. As it is it's just, get some good dinos and enjoy the view. This game is only good because the initital idea of the game was new, unique and interesting. Awesome idea for a game Wildcard, extremely poor execution of said game. If you truly love your game Wildcard, then give the rights to someone who can make this game better like what Epic did for Paragon.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:18 AM, Dakronik said:

Did you catch the last sentence where I said "and I still can't bring myself to play it anymore"? Or before that where I said it's been hard to quit with so much time invested and lots of friends that still play?

This is a niche game. If there were another option (besides Conan, which....lulz) I'd gladly play it instead. Hence my very real desire to lobby a competent team to rip it off and steal their entire player base.

And I need a better system? I'm not on PC. The game was released on X Box One before the X was even a thing.  I have this weird mindset that if you release your game on a certain console, it should work on said console.... Crazy, I know. Check around and you'll find everyone on X box has all these same problems. The One X solves some crashing and lag issues. Some. 

The game is a dumpster fire and the devs are incredibly inept as they've proven over and over. I haven't even touched on meshing, or all their terrible responses. Including the one in this Community Crunch. As we speak our cluster is doing whatever they can to defend against a group of meshers who already robbed the largest tribe and have been quite vocal about hitting every tribe on the cluster. Anyone wanna make a wager on anything being done in a timely manner? lol....

Read thoroughly before dropping your pithy response. 

Oh no I read you're first post. But go ahead and try to make something as complex as this game and when you do, let's see it. I played ark roughly around when it started. Having to deal with the boring island map. I left around schorched earth because my friends decided they wanted to do something else, as well as the host for a dedicated server decided to be a sausage and give his Xbox to his wife already knowing how much hours we spent on it. I get your frustrations, but all in all, well, this sounds like a you problem.  And tribe robbers? I've never even heard of them. Not really from anyone but yourself. But it goes to show how mature people want to act over this game. Ruin it for others who just want to have a decent game. 

So find a different game if you're so hurt over this one.

So that's my 'pithy' response.

Edited by Xylom
  • Like 1

Rather than ban undermeshing, why not let players manipulate the terrain in-game? With expendable tools, and such? I think there's a module for the unreal engine that allows it. And make it so players and dinos that clip into terrain die instantly. Why ban, when they can suffer a loss of progression and engrams?

Edited by NickDaTiktaalik