Community Crunch 175: Classic PVP, Console Patch, Eggcellent Adventure Returns, and More!

StudioWildcard

Apparently it wasn't enough to lie about fixing coal,they also took away the drops, AGAIN  why do they constantly take everything from us? We paid the same money everyone else did and don't get any of the events and if they screw something up it's months before they even try to set it right, and IF they fix one thing they screw up 6 others. so far you can't craft canteens or climbing picks without a bp, which you can't get either anymore, no drops, and no coal. All we want is to enjoy the same things everyone else is allowed to. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update! 

On a separate note though, any hints for the next direction for ark? New Map? New Items? More S+ Features?

I am not looking for any specifics or anything, just an idea so we have something to look forward to. I know there was a post about the Easter Event, and that is great and will be a lot of fun, but it won't last forever... Even a teaser would do. Just anything that lets us know what to get excited for.  

One of these days I'll write a novel about how much of a raging dumpster fire this game has been and continues to be in my 200+ days played on XBox. More likely, I'll be sending letters to game publishers encouraging them to rip off your good idea and have people that can actually create a functioning game put out a working product. It's been quite the battle to quit playing when there's already so much time invested and friends made that still play. It feels stupid to throw it all away but the game has become all but unplayable. Literally can't stay on Scorched or Extinction for more than 15 mins without a crash. Tonight yet another crash upon entering Ab boss (with 2 others) battle I logged in for. Part of the only team to complete Ascension cave on our cluster (2 people got teleported outside map when entering boss battle then too) and I still cant bring myself to play anymore.

@StudioWildcard @Jatheish @JenCan someone please for the sake of the game get someone to look into the fact that ps4 official pvp servers 195 196 197 199 have not shown up ever since the latest update 3 days ago. And everyone that plays on those have effectively had all progress stalled for the past 3 days 

Edited by Apnpapnu

On 4/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, Kephrian said:

How about fixing the actual game? Dev team? You mean a bunch of money hungry ass hats, seriously cant play a day on official servers without getting raptoring meshed, build anti mesh defences and then you get wiped or banned this game is beyond a joke now seriously FIX THE raptorING MESH how hard is it to add boundary boxes in the maps? Not hard at all, how hard is it to remove a few items? Not hard at all Ark Survival Evoled should really be called Mesh Meshing Acceptable TELL ME WILDCARD when all the player population lives in the mesh what are you going to do? Ban all of us or just do what you do all ready which is raptor ALL

They want people to quit so they can start shutting servers down they are no longer making money so why would they support the game?

11 hours ago, Dakronik said:

One of these days I'll write a novel about how much of a raging dumpster fire this game has been and continues to be in my 200+ days played on XBox. More likely, I'll be sending letters to game publishers encouraging them to rip off your good idea and have people that can actually create a functioning game put out a working product. It's been quite the battle to quit playing when there's already so much time invested and friends made that still play. It feels stupid to throw it all away but the game has become all but unplayable. Literally can't stay on Scorched or Extinction for more than 15 mins without a crash. Tonight yet another crash upon entering Ab boss (with 2 others) battle I logged in for. Part of the only team to complete Ascension cave on our cluster (2 people got teleported outside map when entering boss battle then too) and I still cant bring myself to play anymore.

seems like you need a better system. a lot of people run it just fine. Also, if you hate it so much just don't play yeah?

• Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Thanks for the update! 

On a separate note though, any hints for the next direction for ark? New Map? New Items? More S+ Features?

I am not looking for any specifics or anything, just an idea so we have something to look forward to. I know there was a post about the Easter Event, and that is great and will be a lot of fun, but it won't last forever... Even a teaser would do. Just anything that lets us know what to get excited for.  

I mean, if they have Crystal isles on wiki does that hint towards anything? 

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Console can't run that map...

I've heard such statement. But how do you know for sure? The game is completed. And I'm not saying it's gonna be butter smooth, I'm assuming if they do release it to console, there's going to be trial and error.

They technically decided to give up on rag, since it was a mod, and not theirs

1 hour ago, Xylom said:

I mean, if they have Crystal isles on wiki does that hint towards anything? 

Crystal Isle is a beautiful map that I would love to see brought to console. And yes, it was added to the wiki page. However nowhere is it stated that it is slated for console release-at least not that I could find. 

9 minutes ago, Xylom said:

I've heard such statement. But how do you know for sure? The game is completed. And I'm not saying it's gonna be butter smooth, I'm assuming if they do release it to console, there's going to be trial and error.

Completed or not, it is not playable on consoles at this time.  And honestly, even if there are errors and whatnot at this point- I would play it in a heartbeat if I could, errors and all. 

All I was really wondering is if we could get something beyond rumors and speculation at this point. Ark could go any number of directions, I simply wouldn't mind getting a little bit of an official word toward which they may go. 

I love the game and will continue to play it regardless, I just want to know what is the next big thing to be excited for. Not code line specifics, but something like, "we are working towards adding a new map-more to come" or "S+ phase one is good to go, now on to phase 2". Vague, but legit. Something to get the excitement up. 

That's just me though. I don't mind waiting, I just like to know what I am waiting for. ?

23 minutes ago, Xylom said:

They technically decided to give up on rag, since it was a mod, and not theirs

Well only reason I say this because of the size of the map and 99% done atm with tons of performance issues even my beast pc struggles with crystal isles

16 hours ago, Xylom said:

seems like you need a better system. a lot of people run it just fine. Also, if you hate it so much just don't play yeah?

Did you catch the last sentence where I said "and I still can't bring myself to play it anymore"? Or before that where I said it's been hard to quit with so much time invested and lots of friends that still play?

This is a niche game. If there were another option (besides Conan, which....lulz) I'd gladly play it instead. Hence my very real desire to lobby a competent team to rip it off and steal their entire player base.

And I need a better system? I'm not on PC. The game was released on X Box One before the X was even a thing.  I have this weird mindset that if you release your game on a certain console, it should work on said console.... Crazy, I know. Check around and you'll find everyone on X box has all these same problems. The One X solves some crashing and lag issues. Some. 

The game is a dumpster fire and the devs are incredibly inept as they've proven over and over. I haven't even touched on meshing, or all their terrible responses. Including the one in this Community Crunch. As we speak our cluster is doing whatever they can to defend against a group of meshers who already robbed the largest tribe and have been quite vocal about hitting every tribe on the cluster. Anyone wanna make a wager on anything being done in a timely manner? lol....

Read thoroughly before dropping your pithy response. 

What about adding infinite INGRAMS to single player and adding the host tether distance option back to console and what about more Dino's and more mods and modded maps into the game and TLC Pass 3 and fixing all the other in game issues and more dlc lastly for the game if you guys did all that I would be playing the game alot more and so many other players this is just a suggestion not saying your gonna do all these things just suggesting a solution to keep the game more fun and better oh and a better graphics update to console and PC and in single player you can make the Dino's on any ark map have better levels like in nitrado servers and you can increase the players level cap 

Edited by Thunderman2720
  • Facepalm 1

I tried to give this game another chance but its very clear the dev's have some great idea's but always fail to execute. The first 5months after launch were very promising, the games design and concept was top class, the coders had good ability and talent, I embraced it fully and believed that gaming in general was about to enter a new golden age with the potential shown in the games initial first few months, then the passion and ideals from the leads were quickly diluted and the game never seemed to live up to its potential. Quantity of content always seemd to triumph over quality of content, and the devs always looking for cool new ideas to work on rather than refine the initial concept. Sure millions of people had millions of hours of fun, piles of cash were made, pretty succesful overall if you believe in capatilist ideals. Wildcard and gamers would have benifited greatly if they had ideals similar to Nintendo where customer experience is top priority, immersion is key in entertainment industry, in Nintendo games you will struggle to find any part of there games that drop more than 1fps, ideas and concepts are fully developed, tested and refined before release. With Wildcard they could never ground themselves and get on with tedious work of refining etc they always too flighty looking for the next cool stuff to add etc etc. The fact the new game modes are for PC only is also a kick in the teeth too many, the studio put a great deal of effort into aligning all versions of the game to release simultainiously, now all that is out the window in favour of cutting the workload which clearly shows the lack of passion from the devs, the dev team is always growing but they seem to be producing less and less antoher sign of lack of passion, or conflict of ideals. The fact wildcard as a studio are looking to get back to there roots and develop the new pvp mechanics speaks volumes, if only they would work on player experience things could move in a positive direction but can still sense the studio has the ideals of a 5 year old kid who in the middle of a football match takes the ball and says its my ball and im not playing.