Griefing and How I should handle it....

OniZero713

Game is in Alpha and Devs have absolutely zero interest in balancing the game right now.

Probably best to come back in a couple months although at this rate it's highly unlikely they will be able to have everything they said they would have in by launch, let alone any kind of balance.

PvP ain't much different. You either have Giga's and are able to tame more or you don't have them and the alpha tribe prevents everyone else from having them and crushes anyone that tries. Trolling alpha's is about as much as people can do (which has a side-effect of effecting everyone else) if they aren't able to tame Giga's. Just accept it. As long as there is a One Dino Rules all dino (Giga) in the game the next best thing is to troll. PvE servers are just super easy to troll on so you see more people doing it.

15 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Game is in Alpha and Devs have absolutely zero interest in balancing the game right now.

Probably best to come back in a couple months although at this rate it's highly unlikely they will be able to have everything they said they would have in by launch, let alone any kind of balance.

PvP ain't much different. You either have Giga's and are able to tame more or you don't have them and the alpha tribe prevents everyone else from having them and crushes anyone that tries. Trolling alpha's is about as much as people can do (which has a side-effect of effecting everyone else) if they aren't able to tame Giga's. Just accept it. As long as there is a One Dino Rules all dino (Giga) in the game the next best thing is to troll. PvE servers are just super easy to troll on so you see more people doing it.

Just curious if you have an idea for another creature to battle the Giga (that isn't mythical). I think the Titanosaur may be able to but I'm thinking maybe some super mammal or something.

32 minutes ago, OniZero713 said:

So after a debate that ended well and approval to build a new base of my surrounding survivors we are still being targeted by another tribe. people are just laughing and we cant do much since its Pve. Any suggestions?

There isn't much you can do right now. The devs are mainly concerned with getting content out and not balancing like has already been stated, which is good and bad.

1 minute ago, OniZero713 said:

ugh.... they wasn't even a reason... they just kept saying *ur hit* in chat... It kinda makes me not want to play anymore we have no issues with people on the server and since its a small tribe of three I know none of my guys did anything...

If you don't like em, turn off the chat lol.  Then they're just talking to themselves.  

8 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Just curious if you have an idea for another creature to battle the Giga (that isn't mythical). I think the Titanosaur may be able to but I'm thinking maybe some super mammal or something.

Who cares about the Titano? It's just another Dino that will be controlled by Alpha tribes. The Giga needs a nerf, that's really the only answer. It needs a drastic damage nerf and a taming time reduction to offset the damage nerf. They also need to remove the ability for it to take down stone structures and put that on a much slower dino like the anky and deod, but the devs are blind to the problems the Giga presents because I highly doubt they have any experience from a non-alpha prospective.

8 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Then ya gotta be more careful.. use foundations to begin with.. build a wall, pillers along it's borders.. say every 100m or so.  just outside the wall itself.  Then your main building inside etc.. But to be honest.. if this is a pve server, you should just leave and join another, out of the 10 or so ignorant servers there's hundreds more full of happy helpful people.

ive been on this server over a month and I've made some cool friends. this isn't gonna set me back. I'm just upset they felt the need to do that instead of talk to us about it. Clearly I'm dealing with children for very immature adults. 

15 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Can't exactly turn if off, it keeps popping up everytime someone says something.  But you can just ignore them.   Move to another server.. or ignore them.. or type "ur hit" back..

They have this thing on our server, everytime someone steals eggs, they're flying around behind the thieves saying they're recording them, taking screenshots, reporting them and that they're gonna get banned etc.. but they all know that there's nothing they can actually do, it's just their way of having some fun at your expense for nicking their eggs.. personally I don't get caught ;) and I promote anyone to take my eggs and farm my dinos.

lol well seeing as none of my guys did anything not sure why they targeted us. Like I said we got approval from our neighbors to build. The place had no claims so its not like we took their spot. 

21 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Sadly.. even the oldest of us are prone to acting like kids.. given a computer game or alcohol.. or a speedboat.

Just ignore it then, slap on some ceilings on your pillers, turns them into foundations as far as effect goes.. do the same to them.. find key movement points near their base and block it off.. then do a trade of breaking pillers..

That's what I'd probably do.. find their access point to swamp or polar..and fence it off.. so they have to go the long way around..

of just fly over it? good idea. I've got an alliance with a veteran player on the server. I'm asking him for advice on how I should approach this.

Archived