Moving Out of Singleplayer... Looking for Guidance

Slvr

Hi, I'm looking for help finding a server to play on. Ideally, it would be a PVP server, just because I don't want to deal with the pillar spamming that I've seen in my brief forays into PVE environments... and also, as much fun as hoarding dinosaurs on an islet is, and just enjoying having them, it would be nice to put them to the use they've been designed for. To really struggle. 

That being said... I don't know where to begin and I have very few friends that have the game on PC. Like, two. And they're sick at the moment (lucky me!) and also never played on a server other than our own. 

I've thought about official, but I've heard of "meshing" and so forth... Is there really that much of an issue with glitches on the servers? I know in my singleplayer world I've occasionally had dinosaurs fall under the map and I had to do some interesting tricks to get them back, but that's about it... Unless we wanna talk about the many times my sp glitched and I had to rollback... (sigh)

Unofficial seems like the perfect solution then, but admins can go on power trips and decide to delete whatever they want because... they want to? No reason necessary. And that's potentially hours wasted just to find out that server isn't great, just to move to another unofficial to start it all over again.

Thoughts? Or, better yet, anyone that would be willing to take me on? I know a LOT about the game's mechanics, the dinosaurs, etc... I just don't have any actual server experience since all my previous gameplay has been singleplayer or private server with friends. But I would love to join a sizeable tribe to try to actually get the multiplayer experience.

Don't worry about the meshing. Its a thing but not as bad or frequent as the current posts would have you believe. 

A great introduction to official  pvp are the offline raid protection servers. I play on them myself. Basically the only times you can be offline raided are 15 minutes after you log out so most likely you will never need to worry about waking up to a destroyed base. These servers still have some pillar spam but not to the extent that pve does. Additionally the threat of being attacked while you are playing the game adds that final layer of excitement that pve in my opinion desperately needs. These servers are also typically in clusters of 4, so you can still have server invasions and the new dlc maps/dinos if you wish. 

I highly recommend these servers, but you should do some more research on the pros/cons as they aren't for everybody. The great thing is that the offline raid protection allows you to grow at your own pace rather than feeling like you need to race straight for defences before someone finds you. Since you're solo you could start on these servers, get a grasp for pvp and build a tribe. Once you have 5-10 tribe members then you guys could consider leaving the cluster and moving into the big bad regular officials. 

3 hours ago, Slvr said:

Hi, I'm looking for help finding a server to play on. Ideally, it would be a PVP server, just because I don't want to deal with the pillar spamming that I've seen in my brief forays into PVE environments... and also, as much fun as hoarding dinosaurs on an islet is, and just enjoying having them, it would be nice to put them to the use they've been designed for. To really struggle. 

That being said... I don't know where to begin and I have very few friends that have the game on PC. Like, two. And they're sick at the moment (lucky me!) and also never played on a server other than our own. 

I've thought about official, but I've heard of "meshing" and so forth... Is there really that much of an issue with glitches on the servers? I know in my singleplayer world I've occasionally had dinosaurs fall under the map and I had to do some interesting tricks to get them back, but that's about it... Unless we wanna talk about the many times my sp glitched and I had to rollback... (sigh)

Unofficial seems like the perfect solution then, but admins can go on power trips and decide to delete whatever they want because... they want to? No reason necessary. And that's potentially hours wasted just to find out that server isn't great, just to move to another unofficial to start it all over again.

Thoughts? Or, better yet, anyone that would be willing to take me on? I know a LOT about the game's mechanics, the dinosaurs, etc... I just don't have any actual server experience since all my previous gameplay has been singleplayer or private server with friends. But I would love to join a sizeable tribe to try to actually get the multiplayer experience.

I cant really reccomend a pc server as I have ps4. But, watch out for servers with dino transfers allowed. My server I play on some guy asked the mod if he could transfer one dino. He did. I found it. I killed it. Said dino was a level 1.42 billion rock elemental. 

20190401_152854.jpg

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

@Slvr just decide what kind of experience you are looking for. 

Fun casual pvp dosen't exist on official servers.

The harshness of other people is what is drawing me to it in the first place. In a way, the unforgiving, cutthroat survival element against other ruthless players does make it fun, to me. Now things matter. Taming something isn't the same as keeping it alive like it often was in singleplayer. 

Started on an official offline raid protection as suggested above. Having a blast so far though all I've really been doing is grinding. Thanks guys ?

Hello there, I'm searching for help finding a server to play on. In a perfect world, it would be a PVP server, since I would prefer not to manage the column spamming that I've found in my brief invasions into PVE conditions... and furthermore, as much fun as accumulating dinosaurs on an islet seems to be, and simply appreciating having them, it is pleasant to put them to the utilization they've been intended for. To truly battle.DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage

Official PVP this is the best way to learn the game and not only that but you will learn the proper way to play. It is not an easy path, you will fail many times but each time you will improve and learn new things.

In time you yourself will become a capable PVP player and if you have the right mentality eventually a feared player. Ruthless, bold, brutal and cunning these are the hallmarks of a successful PVP Player.

Archived