So...When is this update for Classic PvP servers?

Blackroz

Yep you are correct, however there are many unanswered questions about the things that will be available.  In the CC they give some highlights, however there are a lot of things that were different about ARK "back in the classic days".  One of the major questions would be Cryofridges and Cryopods.  Yes it mentions all aberration and extinction content wouldnt be available, however those 2 items take an minimize server lag GREATLY, as well as reduce the required land claims for tribes GREATLY. 

Another major point is that it would be nice if they intend to open the 4 server clusters to all other server within classic.  There are a lot of conquest groups that would like to potentially play on the new cluster, but not if they are isolated, it doesnt breed a health PvP environment (see long term stability of the original crossark cluster).  Anyone can see a large group taking over the isolated clusters and not letting anyone else play, then they get bored.

Again more details would be fantastic, before someone decides to invest time into this cluster.

the smaller cluster it is, the faster it will perish. do large tribes and things will escalate even quicker. if it'll be a 4-map cluster, it'll be dead in less than a month, probably 2 weeks. i've played "crossark" when they came out and we quit after there was noone left to fight with. pve is boring. we had a smaller tribe and yes, took us 2 weeks or so to achieve the lamest ending. respect to the last unnamed enemy though for giving us a good fight. 

54 minutes ago, Blackroz said:

Yep you are correct, however there are many unanswered questions about the things that will be available.  In the CC they give some highlights, however there are a lot of things that were different about ARK "back in the classic days".  One of the major questions would be Cryofridges and Cryopods.  Yes it mentions all aberration and extinction content wouldnt be available, however those 2 items take an minimize server lag GREATLY, as well as reduce the required land claims for tribes GREATLY. 

Another major point is that it would be nice if they intend to open the 4 server clusters to all other server within classic.  There are a lot of conquest groups that would like to potentially play on the new cluster, but not if they are isolated, it doesnt breed a health PvP environment (see long term stability of the original crossark cluster).  Anyone can see a large group taking over the isolated clusters and not letting anyone else play, then they get bored.

Again more details would be fantastic, before someone decides to invest time into this cluster.

I agree that more details would be good. But regarding your specific questions, yes, ark was way different back when se released, but the new mode is basically the ark from today minus what they said in the crunch after my understanding. The clusters wont be open to other clusters, otherwise there would be no point in making clusters. I like clusters, the smaller the world, the smaller the tribes. I really think clusters are the way to go, you wont see mega tribes forming there as it is just not necessary. Maybe they should have put 8 maps per cluster tho, to give more places to hide and to give room for more than 2/3 big parties. 

3 minutes ago, acat said:

I agree that more details would be good. But regarding your specific questions, yes, ark was way different back when se released, but the new mode is basically the ark from today minus what they said in the crunch after my understanding. The clusters wont be open to other clusters, otherwise there would be no point in making clusters. I like clusters, the smaller the world, the smaller the tribes. I really think clusters are the way to go, you wont see mega tribes forming there as it is just not necessary. Maybe they should have put 8 maps per cluster tho, to give more places to hide and to give room for more than 2/3 big parties. 

April 2nd!

10 hours ago, Blackroz said:

One of the major questions would be Cryofridges and Cryopods.  Yes it mentions all aberration and extinction content wouldnt be available, however those 2 items take an minimize server lag GREATLY, as well as reduce the required land claims for tribes GREATLY.

Problem with cryopods would be the fact that it can be thrown at places with enough spaces, especially at pvp server. It is like a double edged sword. Compatible with saving tame space, but exploitable in a certain way.

If people cant behave nicely with it, i dont see why wildcard would permit that in classic. After all, it is classic.

Archived