Season Pass

Kronis

perhaps if it came from an official source curiosity would be sated. How they (Wildcard) are treating the Switch version of Ark is just weird, not so much for DLC....but just improvements to fix things like the grass to glass glitch. The support is just barren. Besides the evolution events that get turned on & off the last time anything happened was servers being pulled, lol.

On 4/3/2019 at 12:40 AM, Mossenstein said:

perhaps if it came from an official source curiosity would be sated. How they (Wildcard) are treating the Switch version of Ark is just weird, not so much for DLC....but just improvements to fix things like the grass to glass glitch. The support is just barren. Besides the evolution events that get turned on & off the last time anything happened was servers being pulled, lol.

And thats all it will be.

They will continue to remove some dead servers. 

Why on earth should they invest more work and money in this poor version? I think they realized how poop this game looks and feels on the Nintendo Switch. 

Its better for them to leave this child dead behind instead of confirming officially that they abandon it. 

I actually like the game better on Switch due to portability for ease of keeping up with & also like how the servers arent crowded (I play PVE) Im closing in on 500 hours on the Switch version & havent turned on my PS4 yet this year, even with Extinction DLC waiting for me on it, so I cant agree that it looks & plays lke poop. It does look way worse than the other versions but that doesnt bother me nor does it not having mods like structures plus. Im more than willing to take that trade off

What does bother me is that grass to glass glitch. Once that happens I can almost count on A DC. It tends to happen more in handheld when Im out & about on wifi so Im not sure if its my connection or the game itself. As far as support....their name is on the product & ignoring the issues wont make them go away & the lack of communication hurts their public image much more than the games appearance. Im fine with no maps dlc etc, but if Abstract truely can make the game run better as rumors suggest, I would appreciate that. If bugs exist & can be patched I dont think Im being to "entitled" in expecting such.

I don't think DLC is going to happen with ARK on the Switch. You see how much of a failure it is? The graphics are beyond awful and the amount of bugs is amongst the highest you'll see on ANY port of Ark. So short answer; NO. Switch port is bad, Wildcard developed the port and abandoned it shortly thereafter. So don't expect any DLC to happen for Ark on the Switch.

I dont think it has the highest amount of bugs. It lacks maps, Structure plus & primitive plus mods etc....theres just generally less content to have bugs. In my 500 plus hours Ive had 2 bugs that have been  repeated pains. 1 is the grass to glash glitch that always leads to the same error code & a disconnect. Ive watched many a Youtube Streamer on PC whos lost connection from a MP Lobby while playing Ark & had the game crash too, so that pain is hardly a unique one to consoles. Atleast in the grass to glass case, it serves as a headsup that your DC is inbound. The second one involves opening the chat box to type while being in somethings inventory (smithy, creature, etc) resulting in all items in the inventory being moved to player inventory automatically. That one has caused some tense moments while taming when you have to reshift all your narcs & kibble back over to creature. If you didnt realize it happens you end up losing some taming effectiveness & levels.

Archived