Anti trolling methods are needed

TheCyanRaptor

Alot of trolling on the servers as become an issue for server when ever I transfer to another server I either get knocked by a b-bob with a club and given swamp fever or caged and handcuffed I know u can escape but the time it takes can be exhausting and takes to long i know u can glitch out of cages but if they put them in small buildings then u can't really escape 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Theres a difference between pvp and killing everyone u see simply because ur a D head.  Theres no reason to murder noobs or attack that new guy.  Thats just people being childish and proving just how f'ed up u r.

He never said he was new on a server. He said Bob's (the beach dwelling noobs) were ko'ing him.

I assume he is jumping into a server to look for a raid/pvp. Either way, it seems fair play. Not like he is spawning in to a Giga patrol or turrets/traps at spawns. He's spawning into a melee fight. 

We also don't know map as well as his current status and intentions. All we know is he is complaining about  pvp on a pvp server. Your fictitious rules mean little. Your sense of proper pvp is ridiculous since there's zero guidelines or etiquette.

It's also a well known fact these type of players exist so sounds like he needs a white flag unofficial if he is starting new each time or he needs to find a 0/70 server to have time to grind out levels and start a cache.

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

He never said he was new on a server. He said Bob's (the beach dwelling noobs) were ko'ing him.

I assume he is jumping into a server to look for a raid/pvp. Either way, it seems fair play. Not like he is spawning in to a Giga patrol or turrets/traps at spawns. He's spawning into a melee fight. 

We also don't know map as well as his current status and intentions. All we know is he is complaining about  pvp on a pvp server. Your fictitious rules mean little. Your sense of proper pvp is ridiculous since there's zero guidelines or etiquette.

It's also a well known fact these type of players exist so sounds like he needs a white flag unofficial if he is starting new each time or he needs to find a 0/70 server to have time to grind out levels and start a cache.

Its called common courtesy and basic human interaction.  Ill say it again this mindset is childish, bullying and the cause of school shootings and suicides.  Anyone who backs this mindset or says its ok is just as pathetic and worthless to society as thos who perform it.  To go around killing for no reason is childish.  Its truly sad if even the beach bobs are so pathetic.  That said if everyone on the server is just having a blast killing each other more power to em but leave the pedestrians out of it.  Im down for a good laugh and messing around but never at the expense of others.  Theres no need for everyone to just b a D head to everyone else.  There is a difference between pvping and trolling.  The fact ppl are just starting to embrace the 2 as 1 in the same is seriously sad and disheartening.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

So who was the dude on Reddit that I conversed with in detail about this? lol...

I actually PMed a mod to ask them to raise this issue with the higher ups, and was told it was PvP, but thing is it's about the point that it's stopping you from playing. There is no reason for it, no gain to be gained other than making you quit, having to leave your character there because you can't get out of the situation.

Hell, you can't even die and respawn because they're just pumping you with narcotics to hinder you.

Something does need to be done, especially if they try keep you for a week in a box, knocked out, for no reason...

Not looking to raid I often do exp note runs to lvl up on  usually im playing official but I've started small tribes and have also had lost my character.   yeah ik Its gonna happen but it seems to be a lot more common especially when they are camped on a beach with bolas and clubs and narcotics with the intention on ruining things 4 u. 

8 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Its called common courtesy and basic human interaction.  Ill say it again this mindset is childish, bullying and the cause of school shootings and suicides.  Anyone who backs this mindset or says its ok is just as pathetic and worthless to society as thos who perform it.  To go around killing for no reason is childish.  Its truly sad if even the beach bobs are so pathetic.  That said if everyone on the server is just having a blast killing each other more power to em but leave the pedestrians out of it.  Im down for a good laugh and messing around but never at the expense of others.  Theres no need for everyone to just b a D head to everyone else.  There is a difference between pvping and trolling.  The fact ppl are just starting to embrace the 2 as 1 in the same is seriously sad and disheartening.

8 minutes ago, TheCyanRaptor said:

Not looking to raid I often do exp note runs to lvl up on  usually im playing official but I've started small tribes and have also had lost my character. Knocking someone out and putting them in a cage isn't pvp its trolling and yeah ik Its gonna happen but it seems to be a lot more common especially when they are camped on a beach with bolas and clubs and narcotics with the intend on ruining things 4 u 

image.thumb.png.cf6b69babf64548ab0d9299d58d5a03a.png

Some people intentionally "lock" others out so they can put them out of action, if they so being a sadist, permanently... unless the box somehow got destroyed by another tribe raiding. If the tribe that locks the person out is heavily well established, on the outside and inside with people constantly keeping watch on their prisoners 24/7, theres 1 in a thousand chance they would get out.

It is trolling tbh, but at the same time, its pvp, so its all "fair", at least to them (and not against rule book either)... and "courtesy" don't exist in dog eat dog point of view, which is what pvp has been mostly about. There is literally nothing you can do but hope either something stupid happens around their tribe, or a raiding group successfully breaking into the prison in hopes of finding "anything" in there.

44 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

So you are against all violent video games? Because, really there is no point for any of them. Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, GTA. I mean they are all non sensical games that achieve nothing. Killing others to "win". 

I tend to hold people to their own choices. 

Yes, I'm not saying it's fun to play that way. It does make little sense to me. The whole Ark pvp mode. Steal dino's and bp's when you usually already have better. Maybe you get some ammo but you could of grinded out twice as much in the time it took you to soak the towers. 

The whole Ark pvp purpose is to destroy stuff others have invested time in. Seriously, that's it. So in that aspect, they are playing the game right. 

I'm not even going to address your other outlandish points. It's a game. Some people can separate a game from life, some can't. It's not Ark specific so I choose to focus on the game in this discussion.

54 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

So who was the dude on Reddit that I conversed with in detail about this? lol...

I actually PMed a mod to ask them to raise this issue with the higher ups, and was told it was PvP, but thing is it's about the point that it's stopping you from playing. There is no reason for it, no gain to be gained other than making you quit, having to leave your character there because you can't get out of the situation.

Hell, you can't even die and respawn because they're just pumping you with narcotics to hinder you.

Something does need to be done, especially if they try keep you for a week in a box, knocked out, for no reason...

I can agree on the whole prisoner thing. It really makes little sense for that to be a thing in this game and in particular for what seems like an unlimited duration. I thought they instituted a time limit but without active gm's, checking it's ridiculous to think that someone is going to abide by that especially when their "enforcement" is spotty in its results.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Why buy a sports car if you can't do burnouts?

Why play a PvP game if you can't be the evil villains?

Why take hostages for no reason and hold them for days, with no demand or method other than simply checking on them and pumping them full of narcotics...

What these guys are talking about, and what I've PMed the mods about, is people holding people with no demands, and no reason to be holding people day in day out, for nothing.

Do you think it's cool to hold someone, randomly that you found outside, just without even communicating with them, and giving them no option to actually play?

Sounds like you'd prefer people to retreat to singleplayer, and to give up their character that they have made.......

The real question is why people do this... Seems like they don't care for others, and I'd wonder what would happen on their end if they had the same thing done to them, and they couldn't wake up, and were stuck unable to play the game... Pretty sure they'd be spewing after a couple of actual days of not being able to do anything...

Guess I gotta be a bit more serious about this.

I couldn't help but notice people were assuming putting people in prison, in PvP servers is against the rule based on how the post were made, when nothing is stated about it in Code of Conduct. It is a sausage move, but as I said earlier, it is considered legit. I hate it, but staffs will not lay a finger on it.

And tbh, in PvP servers, its no surprise some of them are just outright paranoid... to the point they would do something scrupulous like this to just about anyone they see. These kind of people won't care who you are, or if you are a threat. The moment they do this, the only way out is hoping (another) alpha comes and raid the entire base to nothingness, hopefully breaking down the "prison" that was held, because like I said, don't expect a staff to help you out.

Of course, if you felt I am not looking properly, please point me where it was stated in Code of Conduct and I'll erase this part of the post (mostly blanking it out).

22 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

What these guys are talking about, and what I've PMed the mods about, is people holding people with no demands, and no reason to be holding people day in day out, for nothing.

Do you think it's cool to hold someone, randomly that you found outside, just without even communicating with them, and giving them no option to actually play?

Sounds like you'd prefer people to retreat to singleplayer, and to give up their character that they have made.......

The real question is why people do this... Seems like they don't care for others, and I'd wonder what would happen on their end if they had the same thing done to them, and they couldn't wake up, and were stuck unable to play the game... Pretty sure they'd be spewing after a couple of actual days of not being able to do anything...

Except they are paranoid, as I said. I mean, if you look at the paranoid's (yes, I call them paranoid since they knock randoms out and jail them regardless) point of view, they don't want "any threats" stepping into their territory. This includes innocent player who joined in, because they don't know if they are someone from another alpha tribe transferring to wipe them out in disguise, or someone who would pose a threat, and they won't take any chances.

And by chances, that includes negotiation. Paranoid players will never communicate with those they jailed, because they won't, like I said, take any chances as the innocent might be lying. They assert domination, they assert isolation, and they will make sure that any threats are locked tight. Putting it simply, they don't care what you do, or what would be your response. They just want you jailed forever to make sure no threat comes, that's about it, and they will continue to do it if they see anyone not from their tribe and expand the prison when necessary..

TD;LR: They only care about their tribe's safety. After all, if the controller transferring dino is locked out of control, they would be safe from that tribe with him or her in custody, right?

Don't get me wrong. I don't like this kind of move they would do to everyone, even if they aren't actually a threat, but nothing can actually be done unless these kind of people are raided.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Nothing was said about it being against the rules, we were saying something needs to be done about these people doing this...

You can't just keep someone in a state where they can't play the game at all, out of being 'paranoid'... This is just being stupid.

Seriously, how would you like it if you were found, and kept for a week in a cell, narcoed up, with no demands or reasoning's given...

This is where these guys end up, and to validate it, or justify it as protection, is just retarded... You're playing a game, and you should be able to allow others to play said game without making it so they cannot play, just because you don't know how to negotiate or cope with other people being on the server...

Again, nothing was said to make out that it was against the rules, but it's a complete asshole move to grab people, and hold them day after day, stopping them from even leaving the server with their account, being that profiles are important.... Any tribe they were a part of prior, any tame, all of it gone because some schmuck wanted to be a tough  guy and hold someone hostage....

22 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Nothing was said about it being against the rules, we were saying something needs to be done about these people doing this...

You can't just keep someone in a state where they can't play the game at all, out of being 'paranoid'... This is just being stupid.

Seriously, how would you like it if you were found, and kept for a week in a cell, narcoed up, with no demands or reasoning's given...

This is where these guys end up, and to validate it, or justify it as protection, is just retarded... You're playing a game, and you should be able to allow others to play said game without making it so they cannot play, just because you don't know how to negotiate or cope with other people being on the server...

Again, nothing was said to make out that it was against the rules, but it's a complete asshole move to grab people, and hold them day after day, stopping them from even leaving the server with their account, being that profiles are important.... Any tribe they were a part of prior, any tame, all of it gone because some schmuck wanted to be a tough  guy and hold someone hostage....

It is an asshole move, that I agree. I think I might have misunderstood the "rules" part.

Unfortunately, in the end, we are just keyboard warriors. We are nothing but "weaklings" to those who would use this asshole move. You want them to learn their lesson and deal with this stupidity? The only way is to constantly destroy everything that they have by raiding them, teach them a lesson for jailing others until they truly change, and if all else fails, give them a taste of their own medicine. That is your only way to change them, because power has gotten into their head, and no amount of words will change them. (You'd just get mocked at.)

There was a thread regarding this in Extinction Forum as well, and they are much worse than this guy... even though the victim and his buds did manage to get out in the end. I won't link it because people would just necropost it, but its there.

Because GM will not help in any ways.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

They won't help because they consider it to be PvP, but if they were in the same situation as some of these players, they'd surely view it different.

Not having backup, ending up caught without knowing, and being held for 3-4 days, they'd surely change their tune... Especially if the hostage taker wasn't demanding anything, nor communicating with them...

Lose all your dinos, tribe affiliations on the server you came from, just because someone want's to be an oppressive player.

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Theres no reason to murder noobs or attack that new guy.

I guess the question is, how do you identify whether they are a n00b or not? 

I dont play much PvP on ARK, but my main rule is 'do not trust anyone in PvP'. If there are people around... kill or hide away. 

Just because someone is a lvl 5, doesnt mean they havent a lvl 100 friend sitting behind in the bushes with a PA Shotgun.

22 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

you know i mostly agree with your sentiment it's why i don't play pvp.  There is in fact no difference between pvp and trolling when no form is given to the competition.  football, baseball, basketball, soccer, these are forms of non trolling pvp.  When people opt in to a sandbox where the goal for winning is "to make people miserable" that's really on them, and it sucks.  most of human experience boils down to conflict and we've known since our beginning that not all humans will act how we want them to without the threat of violence. it's why we have jails and governments and militaries, and rules committees for football.

Burn them. BURN THEM ALL.

I have had players try to do this to me, but I am equally as paranoid and will always have an escape/backup plan, just the other day some guy after telling me he wanted to ask me something then pulled out the bola, I ran and fought back but when more showed up and it was clear they were not trying to kill me I knew their intentions.

I dove into the first body of water I could find and swam down as deep as I could and sat there to drown, The silly bugger swam after me clubbed me and tried bringing me to the surface so I didnt drown, It was too late ofcourse and I got to say better luck next time :). Ofc their tribe started spamming all chat for me and calling me a noob but I think the fact that I got away proves that the noob was on the other foot that day :P.

I must say it is satisfying being the one that got away. I wonder if they still hunting the elusive and slippery Hobo. Some say on a cold winters night you can still hear the laughing of that brave Hobo who drowned.

I actually tend to appreciate Ark for these reasons. Sure it sucks when it happens to you but what other game are we given this kind of power? Once you reach mid and late game so that you can actually respond to people who are in need, the pvp has a feeling that no other games can bring which is purpose. That aside id like to give HoboNation some credit for the proper response "BURN THEM ALL".

Also here's some things you can do to keep yourself safer.

1. When on foot always travel with bolas in hand. (Helps with raptors too)

2. Travel with stimberries hot barred to number 4 or 5 if you use the number keys. This way you can still sprint run and eat stim berries, without taking your hand off the mouse.

3. Get a mount as fast as you can, it makes the troll bobs obsolete. 

22 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I actually tend to appreciate Ark for these reasons. Sure it sucks when it happens to you but what other game are we given this kind of power? Once you reach mid and late game so that you can actually respond to people who are in need, the pvp has a feeling that no other games can bring which is purpose. That aside id like to give HoboNation some credit for the proper response "BURN THEM ALL".

Also here's some things you can do to keep yourself safer.

1. When on foot always travel with bolas in hand. (Helps with raptors too)

2. Travel with stimberries hot barred to number 4 or 5 if you use the number keys. This way you can still sprint run and eat stim berries, without taking your hand off the mouse.

3. Get a mount as fast as you can, it makes the troll bobs obsolete. 

I don't think 3 will help if the person trying to tranquilize knows what he or she is doing.

Archived