This is a problem.

Adwel

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You post it in the bug reports section on the forum... You post detailed and informative reports, and replies, rather than just 'It's broken FIX IT NAO!'...

You cite instances, you post scenarios... You make an effort, more than just ASSUMING that they know because it got reported prior.

I just had a situation where I was berated by a PLAYER about this stance in a bug report about a game with doors not opening. Doors were actually opening, it was the client that wasn't picking up that they were open.

So these guys all report these doors not working, so the devs fixed 'those' doors, they then found out after the release that what they fixed, wasn't the entire issue because no-one would reply to the same thread, they'd all make their own, making it harder for the devs to see that the issue wasn't just with specific doors, it was with ALL doors.

After the devs figured out that those doors were across the board bugged they fixed it, but thing is, it would've gone better if people followed the correct avenues rather than trying to keep posting thread after thread, of specific doors, rather than pointing out in a thread that's already established, that something was an issue over them all.

Same goes with the demanding of urgent fixes... Whilst you think this may fix it, often it doesn't.

Another point is that people throw these bug reports out, then don't respond to them when asked for more info, or they let them go stale.

Fact is that when you say that my whole point is 'invalid' because you refuse to see anything related to process and reason, it gets beyond debating. Obviously you don't get development, and it's a high chance that most of his viewers, aka the weaponized mass, don't either.

Threat based development isn't a good thing, no matter how much you think and paint it out to be... You don't know how much it would take to fix what you say is broken.

I cant follow you talk yourself in another cicrle.  As i said, you sir cant be helped. 

Re-read my comments that already address or apply directly to all you said.

Im out.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Adwel said:

I cant follow you talk yourself in another cicrle.  As i said, you sir cant be helped. 

Re-read my comments that already address or apply directly to all you said.

Im out.

You refuse to read and acknowledge the point, whilst I've addressed literally every point you've put out.

There's no circles, it's just a page of text that you, cannot handle reading and comprehending...

5 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You refuse to read and acknowledge the point, whilst I've addressed literally every point you've put out.

There's no circles, it's just a page of text that you, cannot handle reading and comprehending...

Facts and truth are stubborn things.

Ive already learned before how pointless it is to repeat things when they fall on deaf ears.

Ill let this conversation record speak for itself.  ;)

Peace man and I stand by my carefully chosen words.

They already know of the problem, you and the community that does similiar stuff to what you did cause more harm than good.  Spewing vitriol and feeding an obvious addiction to outrage , rage, and hate is not going to fix anything.  You will be praised by sycophants that support your point of view and who have the same aforementioned addiction.

You will also feel justified in accusing every dissenting opinion of being a wildcard defender.  None of this in the end will affect any positive change on the game,  they probably have community managers that sift through abuse to compile reports on issues and you are just ruining the day of what is essentially a service industry worker.  It's also possible that they do read it all themselves but i doubt it.  If they do then you are just antagonizing people you want help from.

You will never accomplish anything if you forget that there are humans on the other end with feelings and families they have to go home to and your 60 dollars you paid like a few thousand hours of gametime ago doesn't give you any sort of special privelege to treat people poorly.

You are not an activist, you are not someone with a righteous cause, you aren't even really a lover of this game.  You are someone who is angry you got meshed and you want others to be as angry and as miserable as you.

oh and you can't bother to compile a proper criticism so there is that too.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 minutes ago, Adwel said:

Facts and truth are stubborn things.

Ive already learned before how pointless it is to repeat things when they fall on deaf ears.

Ill let this conversation record speak for itself.  ;)

Peace man and I stand by my carefully chosen words.

The hypocrisy in this statement is immense... You can't have a conversation if you aren't willing to look at the other side, nor listen to what's been put out...

7 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

They already know of the problem, you and the community that does similiar stuff to what you did cause more harm than good.  Spewing vitriol and feeding an obvious addiction to outrage , rage, and hate is not going to fix anything.  You will be praised by sycophants that support your point of view and who have the same aforementioned addiction.

You will also feel justified in accusing every dissenting opinion of being a wildcard defender.  None of this in the end will affect any positive change on the game,  they probably have community managers that sift through abuse to compile reports on issues and you are just ruining the day of what is essentially a service industry worker.  It's also possible that they do read it all themselves but i doubt it.  If they do then you are just antagonizing people you want help from.

You will never accomplish anything if you forget that there are humans on the other end with feelings and families they have to go home to and your 60 dollars you paid like a few thousand hours of gametime ago doesn't give you any sort of special privelege to treat people poorly.

You are not an activist, you are not someone with a righteous cause, you aren't even really a lover of this game.  You are someone who is angry you got meshed and you want others to be as angry and as miserable as you.

oh and you can't bother to compile a proper criticism so there is that too.

As for you sir, I "spewed" no "vitriol" nor expressed any emotion what so ever imo.  Matter of fact, im being conversely polite in reality and fact, intentionally.

I have actually never been meshed that im aware of (one incident I still question, but oh well, it wasnt a main base) so none of us here can follow why you would accuse me of that..that was completely baseless...

I have also been playing this game for over 1.5 years.  I wouldn't continue if I didnt find ways to enjoy it.  I enjoy it...

It helps to stick to only facts in a debate or argument when choosing your words. 

Accusations based on 0 data doesnt bolster your stance, it weakens it.  That is a "proper criticism" compiled just for you.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

What weakens your point is that you made no point at all in the first post... You just posted up a video, with no mentioning other than the title 'this is a problem'...

I'm beginning to realize you are just trolling for an argument, after all, when any real argument is put forth to you, you then refuse to read it and say that it's going in circles.

Sorry, but your debate/discussion/arguing skills are severely lacking.

1 hour ago, Adwel said:

As for you sir, I "spewed" no "vitriol" nor expressed any emotion what so ever imo.  Matter of fact, im being conversely polite in reality and fact, intentionally.

I have actually never been meshed that im aware of (one incident I still question, but oh well, it wasnt a main base) so none of us here can follow why you would accuse me of that..that was completely baseless...

I have also been playing this game for over 1.5 years.  I wouldn't continue if I didnt find ways to enjoy it.  I enjoy it...

It helps to stick to only facts in a debate or argument when choosing your words. 

Accusations based on 0 data doesnt bolster your stance, it weakens it.  That is a "proper criticism" compiled just for you.

I assume that the video you linked originally is part of things you have "said" in it's entirety.  Posting a video that is essentially an attempt by the streaming community to pressure a company to do something makes you a part of that culture in my mind whether or not you self identify as part of said culture.  I don't take the side of people who attempt to create change through the wrong means, even if the change is right.

For better or worse the youtuber known as HOD has made himself a beacon for aggressive bullying change regardless of how he may actually feel.  You claim in your earlier posts that you do not know who he is but you did post one of his videos.  I honestly don't know what your message is, only that you posted that HOD video and i know what it's message is.  All of your posts after that have been semantical or pedantical arguments with others.

17 hours ago, Adwel said:

The title already "says" what i wanted to point out.

Knowledge is important.

Ok, so right out of the gate...  They were not "banned for complaining about meshing," they were banned for compiling and sharing the easiest ways and methods to mesh, which Ced covered fairly well.  They go on to say, "He gets meshed, attacked, by circumventing the defenses... He, he gets angry, does what anyone would do..."  I don't think that is a common response, making a video showcasing meshing techniques from various pre-existing YouTubers (important). 

It sucks, but official PvP is all about having an unstoppably heavier hand than who you are fighting.  If you are fighting a big tribe, you mesh them.  If you are fighting medium tribes or small-time people, you kill them on a bred (w/capped saddle) dino.  That's the way it happens.  Also, HOD is still massaging themselves pretty hard thinking that once again, they BLEW THE LID OFF OF IT.  They didn't, as evidenced by the fact that they compiled other people's videos.  It is a big thing now for sure, but the only way that they will get any credit for this is if actual positive change comes out of this (past HOD getting unbanned, if that is positive for you).

I said it in another thread, and I'll reiterate here because I believe it is important.  WildCard has some blame for mesh-holes.  The stupid blame-shirking playerbase has a hefty load of it too, because everyone wants to be the next meshing griefer and take down a base with zero effort.

I dont get it all these poeple defending WC....

Im a returning player from 2015, wanted to try small tribe pvp with some friends, we ended facing a very toxic community , getting wiped over and over by lvl 110+ with manas while we had absolutely nothing to steal from , got our tames kill noumerous times etc etc...

But we where stubborn and finally established our self in a pearl cave. We where there for over a week.. we are 3 and we all spent 100 hours + building our base. We had 20 heavy turrets... 40 normal turrets plant X... 4 250+ megalodon in cave entrance etc etc etc...

One friend told me its a bad idea i was in a pearl cave because they would get meshed

I didnt know what meshing was ( if only I saw the HOD video earlier I would never have builded there)

Well I found out pretty fast after Murphy ( the same guy meshing we can see in HOD vid ... wildcard hello? can you ban known meshers???)

came from the mesh in a non protcted area of my cave and juste destroyed everything we worked hundreds of hours for cauz of a known bug ....

Anyone defending Ark dev never had that done to them... if this bug has been known for years , and is that simple to bandaids fast  by removing chairs and metal plateform mount  etc etc from pvp (wich has almost no uses). WC has no excuses for not doing anything, atleast in pvp modes

First of all, I don't know where I stand in the matter. I have been unable to find any rules stating you're not allowed to post about exploits on Youtube, however, the rules are very clear when it comes to posting here or in the game:

Hack related chat
There should be no discussions in game or on our official sites regarding hacks, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.

I haven't been able to find if HOD has broken these rules and if not, I'd say the ban was undeserved. Possibly, this rule can be considered broken which is a matter of interpretation as I understood him having shown all of this in single player:

Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.

With my (lack of) allegiance out of the way, what I want to say is that even if I were adamantly on HOD's side in this, I'd be embarrassed by that video. They give the appearance of relating news, but do it very poorly with a lot of hangups and repetition, not to mention half way in when they describe the devs as having very small brains.

I mean... I can understand HOD wanting to shed light on an issue and being frustrated nothing else works, but even if I applauded his actions in the hope of the issues being addressed - this video works against that goal, in my opinion. Where they had the opportunity to further shed light on an issue and to gather support and attention to it, they failed miserably in only sounding like they're whining and pretty much alienates me as a viewer - and this is from the perspective of someone on the same side! That way, they really make sure not to convince anyone of a differing opinion, quite the opposite.

I believe the only thing they achieve is further cementing the opinion of HOD supporters just being whiny. And that's a huge fail!

2 hours ago, Bobbafet said:

I dont get it all these poeple defending WC....

Im a returning player from 2015, wanted to try small tribe pvp with some friends, we ended facing a very toxic community , getting wiped over and over by lvl 110+ with manas while we had absolutely nothing to steal from , got our tames kill noumerous times etc etc...

But we where stubborn and finally established our self in a pearl cave. We where there for over a week.. we are 3 and we all spent 100 hours + building our base. We had 20 heavy turrets... 40 normal turrets plant X... 4 250+ megalodon in cave entrance etc etc etc...

One friend told me its a bad idea i was in a pearl cave because they would get meshed

I didnt know what meshing was ( if only I saw the HOD video earlier I would never have builded there)

Well I found out pretty fast after Murphy ( the same guy meshing we can see in HOD vid ... wildcard hello? can you ban known meshers???)

came from the mesh in a non protcted area of my cave and juste destroyed everything we worked hundreds of hours for cauz of a known bug ....

Anyone defending Ark dev never had that done to them... if this bug has been known for years , and is that simple to bandaids fast  by removing chairs and metal plateform mount  etc etc from pvp (wich has almost no uses). WC has no excuses for not doing anything, atleast in pvp modes

No one is defending meshing. Some people are claiming that Wildcard aren’t doing anything, where as the majority agree that they aren’t doing enough. People want Wildcard to communicate more but the devs have the stance of “we won’t update you unless we have something to update you with”. This for me is understandable because I don’t see the point in making announcements because words without action are pointless. If you don’t read the patch notes then that’s half the problem because they do communicate through that channel when mesh spots/holes have been fixed.

Archived